Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Locked: [Contact.net] Double Infinite Contact *unlimited 25Mbps $29.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 20th, 2015 2:31 pm
Oct 10, 2013
35 posts
CoolDudeClan wrote: Guy asking for bad about Sagecomm:

I'm with Bell and have the "Sync No Surf" problem where my internet is connected but stops working for a minute or so up to 10 times a day. Bell did something to make it better but still happened twice today.

I think this is related to vdsl+ somehow and a fix it "coming hopefully by summer".

Not sure if this problem is due to the sagecomm or not.
Wow. Definitely getting smartrg lol.
Any smartrg owners give me some advice? I can't seem to find any type of information on how I would set it up like the default username and password, will the bell technician do this or is it relatively simple?
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2011
3952 posts
2856 upvotes
Toronto
Yup, this is it exactly. It is very frustrating. I get way too good of a price for 25/10 unlimited to complain that much though.
Dec 15, 2012
672 posts
228 upvotes
Toronto
Cosmos7 wrote: Wow. Definitely getting smartrg lol.
Any smartrg owners give me some advice? I can't seem to find any type of information on how I would set it up like the default username and password, will the bell technician do this or is it relatively simple?
you might get lucky and the technician might agree to do it for you. but its very easy if you do it yourself too. i dont expect people to have problems setting up their smart rg. Its basically going to advanced - wan and then putting in the username and password....connects fine.
Dec 15, 2012
672 posts
228 upvotes
Toronto
CoolDudeClan wrote: Yup, this is it exactly. It is very frustrating. I get way too good of a price for 25/10 unlimited to complain that much though.
i have voip along with other internet related services that require me to be connected and couldn't possibly expect myself to physically reset the router everytime this nonsense issue happened. I dont know how you put up with it.
it drove me nuts everytime it happened, which was VERY OFTEN.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2011
3952 posts
2856 upvotes
Toronto
espo2k wrote: i have voip along with other internet related services that require me to be connected and couldn't possibly expect myself to physically reset the router everytime this nonsense issue happened. I dont know how you put up with it.
it drove me nuts everytime it happened, which was VERY OFTEN.
So it is a problem with the Sagecomm? Did you switch to contact and get the smart?

I usually don't need to reset it, usually it just starts working again. I'd say once every 2 weeks I need to pull the power.
Dec 15, 2012
672 posts
228 upvotes
Toronto
Cosmos7 wrote:Hello, just wondering is this smartrg 505n article similar to contact.net setup?
https://help.teksavvy.com/hc/en-us/arti ... outed-Mode
no it's not. teksavvy uses a different firmware (basically a firmware that's been simplified for the end user). should you choose to flash the teksavvy firmware, that guide will apply then (the teksavvy firmware would flash successfully on any 505n)

personally, I'm going to stick to the original because I'm don't need a simplified version of the graphical user interface.
Dec 15, 2012
672 posts
228 upvotes
Toronto
CoolDudeClan wrote: So it is a problem with the Sagecomm? Did you switch to contact and get the smart?

I usually don't need to reset it, usually it just starts working again. I'd say once every 2 weeks I need to pull the power.
yeah it was definitely a problem with the sagemcom(s) in my case because after repeated exchanges with the same modem, as soon as i got an alternative bell modem called the cellpipe, all my issues disappeared. im still on bell..just waiting for the 30 day disconnection notice i gave them before contact is installed. (bought the smartrg modem in advance)

you had the pull the power only every 2 weeks? for me, a pull was mandatory to get it working again lol
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2011
3952 posts
2856 upvotes
Toronto
espo2k wrote: yeah it was definitely a problem with the sagemcom(s) in my case because after repeated exchanges with the same modem, as soon as i got an alternative bell modem called the cellpipe, all my issues disappeared. im still on bell..just waiting for the 30 day disconnection notice i gave them before contact is installed. (bought the smartrg modem in advance)

you had the pull the power only every 2 weeks? for me, a pull was mandatory to get it working again lol
Maybe every week. Not every time though. It can happen 10 times a day and I won't need to pull it once. Just wait 2 minutes and it works again.

Do you have the 25/10? How do I get a cell pipe?
Oct 10, 2013
35 posts
espo2k wrote: no it's not. teksavvy uses a different firmware (basically a firmware that's been simplified for the end user). should you choose to flash the teksavvy firmware, that guide will apply then (the teksavvy firmware would flash successfully on any 505n)

personally, I'm going to stick to the original because I'm don't need a simplified version of the graphical user interface.
I understand, thank you.
Does anybody know why Contact does not allow the option to rent the Smartrg 505n modem?
Dec 15, 2012
672 posts
228 upvotes
Toronto
CoolDudeClan wrote: Maybe every week. Not every time though. It can happen 10 times a day and I won't need to pull it once. Just wait 2 minutes and it works again.

Do you have the 25/10? How do I get a cell pipe?
just call bell again and tell them the truth that you're facing frequent disconnections lol and it is THEIR RESPONSIBILITY to solve this. In my case I told them:

"look, you wont have to send a technician if you try as i say. I have had fibe 25 service before with you guys too and never had a problem. this was because i was using the white modem called the cellpipe. if you just send that i wouldnt have to worry about this problem anymore"

the guy sent it to me and i sent the sagemcom back using the prepaid mailer i received. do note that the cellpipe's wifi is only B/G - not N and they wont send you an extra wireless access point to make up for that.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2011
3952 posts
2856 upvotes
Toronto
espo2k wrote: just call bell again and tell them the truth that you're facing frequent disconnections lol and it is THEIR RESPONSIBILITY to solve this. In my case I told them:

"look, you wont have to send a technician if you try as i say. I have had fibe 25 service before with you guys too and never had a problem. this was because i was using the white modem called the cellpipe. if you just send that i wouldnt have to worry about this problem anymore"

the guy sent it to me and i sent the sagemcom back using the prepaid mailer i received. do note that the cellpipe's wifi is only B/G - not N and they wont send you an extra wireless access point to make up for that.
Thanks. I'll think about this and maybe call them. Thanks for the heads up about no N I wonder how much that will affect it.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
7571 posts
3145 upvotes
Canada
I had disconnect problem with Bell 3-4 months ago and I suffered for about 2 years(with that Sage modem). 2 technicians would come in, do some work in the wiring and things would be ok for a few weeks and then the problem would start again. The last technician told me there were some issues and the last technician screwed everything up and it was the reason I had the disconnect issues. Since then I haven't had the problem again. They also changed the modem (same sagecom or whatever it's name) just in case. I don't know who to believe. It may be the modem or perhaps something they do at the backend.
Mar 2, 2014
930 posts
559 upvotes
Ontario
anybody use them at waterloo? Is it even available in Waterloo/Kitchener area? On the website it says they had trouble finding availability but doesn't mean its not available
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
4440 posts
7634 upvotes
Toronto
scorown wrote: anybody use them at waterloo? Is it even available in Waterloo/Kitchener area? On the website it says they had trouble finding availability but doesn't mean its not available
When a company gives an answer like that, run away.
Aug 31, 2009
138 posts
129 upvotes
Toronto
Need some info... Want to jump on this deal but don't know if it is worth it for me cause I am moving into a new place in May. Worth it? Or just wait until after I move? The move is actually in the same condo but different floor.... (Don't ask why). Let me know what you guys think? Love the thought of having unlimited internet!!
Dec 15, 2012
672 posts
228 upvotes
Toronto
scorown wrote: anybody use them at waterloo? Is it even available in Waterloo/Kitchener area? On the website it says they had trouble finding availability but doesn't mean its not available
i was able to get a more accurate bell 3rd party dsl speed measurement for my location with this availability checker tool...

http://start.ca/services/highspeed/availability

[IMG]http://i5.minus.com/iC9qHQxMmzbBk.png[/IMG]

edit: forgot to include that I'm getting 25/7 from bell right now on their 25/10 package.
May 26, 2011
420 posts
66 upvotes
Etobicoke
NKPC wrote: Need some info... Want to jump on this deal but don't know if it is worth it for me cause I am moving into a new place in May. Worth it? Or just wait until after I move? The move is actually in the same condo but different floor.... (Don't ask why). Let me know what you guys think? Love the thought of having unlimited internet!!
Hi nkpc, As far as I know, you can sign up by april 30th, and have the install done in may. PM the contact rep, just to make sure. If your only moving a couple of floors, should be easy on their end..cheers.
May 26, 2011
420 posts
66 upvotes
Etobicoke
Troy_McClure wrote: Wanted to make sure contact.net was the best deal right now so I researched each ISP in Ontario (Toronto in particular) offering 25/10Mbps or similar and I decided to make some charts to give you guys an idea of the cost of setting up internet in Ontario (mainly dsl so we can compare to this contact.net deal).

Information for the charts below (in no particular order):

Contact.net DSL 25/10Mbps Unlimited
---Activation $25, Modem $120, Shipping $20---
---Monthly Cost $29.95---

Teksavvy Cable 25/2Mbps Unlimited
---Activation $45, Modem $99, Shipping $10---
---Monthly Cost $59.95---

Teksavvy DSL 25/10Mbps Unlimited
---Activation $50, Modem $120, Shipping $10---
---Monthly Cost $57.99---

ElectronicBox DSL 25/10Mbps 500GB (unlimited not offered)
---Activation $49.95, Modem $120, Shipping $15---
---Monthly Cost $55.95---

Acanac DSL (Month to Month) 25/10Mbps Unlimited
---Activation $49.95, Modem $99, Shipping $9.95---
---Monthly Cost $44.95---

Vmedia DSL 25/10Mbps Unlimited
---Activation $99.95, Modem $110, Shipping $14.95---
---Monthly Cost $42.95---

Distributel DSL 25/10Mbps Unlimited
---Activation $29, Installation $10, Modem $99.95, Shipping $0---
---Monthly Cost $49.95---

Start.ca DSL 25/10Mbps Unlimited
---Activation $50, Modem $119.95, Shipping $10---
---Monthly Cost $59.95---

Bell DSL 25/10Mbps Unlimited
---Activation $49.95, Modem $120, Shipping $0---
---Monthly Cost $60.95---

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/5liTUFR.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/KfRUz7e.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/G4Ka6BM.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/KMRUKxN.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ch5YMFe.jpg[/IMG]
GREAT JOB TROY, you really put some effort into this, and gives everybody the big picture of the maybe future,[although nothing is in stone], but Kudo's to you man. CHEERS.
May 26, 2011
420 posts
66 upvotes
Etobicoke
Hey gang, latest ookla speedtest was 12 pings, 25.22down, 10.67 up. Seems pretty stable from here anyway.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2007
1797 posts
145 upvotes
Toronto
zapomni wrote: Update on the group guy: Everyone except one last person got their modems. I hope everybody is happy. It was fun to run this and there is still a lot of interest from more folks (especially downtown TO) but it was also a lot of work and I have a big project at work so I'm not going to run another group buy. What I can do instead is let someone else do it. So if you feel like you can organize a group buy for 5 - 10 or even 20 modems (the more you buy the better the price would be) and you have cash to front the purchase please let me know.

Any1 else interested in group buy?
We need 5 ppl min.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)