Expired Hot Deals

Locked: [Contact.net] Double Infinite Contact *unlimited 25Mbps $29.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 20th, 2015 2:31 pm
Aug 31, 2009
135 posts
129 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone know how long the price will stay at 29.99 once I sign up? Is it only for 1 year or does it stay this price as long as I am with contact.net? Also anyone here have a group buy for the modem that I might be able to join?
Dec 11, 2013
22 posts
2 upvotes
The $29.99 price is guaranteed till the end of this year. At this time, no one knows what the price will be next year starting on January 1, 2015.
Dec 11, 2013
22 posts
2 upvotes
DSL PPPoE login:
Contact Login/Modem Login: ---> username@contact.net
Contact Password/Modem Password: ---> the password you signed up with (i.e., ABCdef123 becomes ---> abcdef123)

Some people just don't seem to bother with reading or searching older posts. There's a reason why there's a thread search tool. A lot of questions have been answered several times by several people already.

In my case so far:

The first Email was only an order confirmation and listed the costs. The login PDF file was in the second Email I received about a week after signing up (a day after they shipped out my modem, and the day I received it from Purolator). A printout of the DSL login credentials were also included inside the box of the pre-configured modem. Now I'm just waiting for the installation date set for later this week...

Also, when calling their support line, why don't people just leave their name and phone number on their voice mail as instructed? I left my contact info in the morning and within 3 hours they called me back.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2007
6743 posts
536 upvotes
Tech came today and everything was all good (actually working before he got here).

Not having instructions that the capital letters turn to lower case was annoying. Also the wireless password on the router wasn't the real password, had to log into it wired and change.

Same speeds as Bell DSL that was here before, I get 25 down but 4 Up (the tech said something about it being unstable so he capped it at 4... a bit disappointed but apparently thats my place's fault, not bell's).

I'm fine with the lack of communication from them & support as long as it works and it's cheaper. They certainly could fix their email and instructions a bit more though, but I understand that they're probably getting rammed right now.
Oct 21, 2005
468 posts
133 upvotes
matdwyer wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2014 2:22 am
Tech came today and everything was all good (actually working before he got here).

Not having instructions that the capital letters turn to lower case was annoying. Also the wireless password on the router wasn't the real password, had to log into it wired and change.

Same speeds as Bell DSL that was here before, I get 25 down but 4 Up (the tech said something about it being unstable so he capped it at 4... a bit disappointed but apparently thats my place's fault, not bell's).

I'm fine with the lack of communication from them & support as long as it works and it's cheaper. They certainly could fix their email and instructions a bit more though, but I understand that they're probably getting rammed right now.
When you say everything was working before he got there did you mean you set it up yourself? Was there any reason for him to come inside or did he mainly do work outside at the demarc box?
Banned
Mar 25, 2013
754 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto
Troy_McClure wrote:
Apr 19th, 2014 5:38 pm
contact should grandfather our plans with no price increase as a bonus for our early support :cheesygri :cheesygri :cheesygri

keep us updated, thanks.

Contact should start their own section and dsl forums and offer direct support so this page doesn't get too cluttered.
Thanks for the feedback guys, we are currently working to implement additional customer support as part of our service :) definitely something you can expect to see improve in the future
Banned
Mar 25, 2013
754 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto
ah802 wrote:
Apr 19th, 2014 8:46 pm
I don't use credit cards and would like to pay each month by automatic withdrawl from my bank account, would it be possible to set-up this payment system as an alternative to a credit cards?
Unfortunately this isn't something we can offer at the moment, however we are looking into it for the future.
Banned
Mar 25, 2013
754 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto
Troy_McClure wrote:
Apr 19th, 2014 9:17 pm
will a credit check happen when we order this?
Nope! :)
Banned
Mar 25, 2013
754 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto
mackey2001 wrote:
Apr 20th, 2014 11:37 am
I have the Technicolor TG582n modem/router which I bought from Velcom.

Can anyone confirm if this will work with Contact 25mb plan?

I believe that is an ADSL modem, this plan will work with any VDSL modem 25 Mbps or higher
Oct 21, 2005
468 posts
133 upvotes
limmer21 wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2014 8:05 am
When you say everything was working before he got there did you mean you set it up yourself? Was there any reason for him to come inside or did he mainly do work outside at the demarc box?
Nevermind, Ordered on April 15th, modem arrived via Purolator on April 21st. Tech came and worked at the demarc box for about 30 mins at 8:22am as promised (8am -12pm)......SAVINGS!!!

Huge thanks to the guy who mentioned the default IP and username/password:
192.168.2.1 and admin/config

Speeds as advertised:
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3454553810

Thanks contact.net and gregster for posting the deal!
Banned
Mar 25, 2013
754 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto
plintimus wrote:
Apr 21st, 2014 11:32 am
There's a good chance they're closed today (Easter Monday) - Many businesses are.
Yes sorry guys but unfortunately our tech support office was minimally staffed for the holiday. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Banned
Mar 25, 2013
754 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto
engineer4all wrote:
Apr 21st, 2014 5:51 pm
Hi,

Since I can't go through all the current 66 pages of this thread. I was wondering if there is any internet deal in Montreal area?

Thx
Check out the aei.ca website for our Montreal and Quebec plans and promotions :)
Banned
Mar 25, 2013
754 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto
fankay wrote:
Apr 21st, 2014 11:37 pm
We are reading the emails contact sent. I like everyone else, did not get a PDF file nor any information on what my username/password would be.
I've checked my junk folder and there is absolutely no sign of any emails other than confirmation that I have purchased their service, how much the total cost is and the install date.
Your username is the one that you created during the ordering process, so username@contact.net, and your password is your contact.net password.
Banned
Mar 25, 2013
754 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto
Bandco wrote:
Apr 21st, 2014 8:04 pm
From their site it seems that it is only in Ontario

[IMG]https://secure.contact.net/assets/image ... _small.jpg[/IMG]
AEI Internet is our parent company. The promotions and pricing are not the same but we do provide competitively priced service to the Quebec area as well. For information please visit http://web.aei.ca/english.shtml (our english site)
Banned
Mar 25, 2013
754 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto
matdwyer wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2014 2:22 am

Thanks for the understanding. Its been a crazy month! But we are definitely keeping track of all the customer feedback and will be using it to improve our service for the future.