• Dec 13th, 2017 12:16 pm
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2010
11754 posts
2634 upvotes
Here 'n There
pardnme wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 5:58 am
so my product has been shipped, i paid the manufacturer for the shipping...

received the bill of lading.

when i track the vessel it shows that it will be reaching vancouver on dec 11, 2017

the B/L shows montreal as the port of discharge and toronto as the place of delivery.

does anybody have an idea as to the timing? if the vessel arrives dec 11 - when it the earliest i could possibly have everything?
It depends a lot if it is held for a secondary, delays in picking up by the trucking company, etc. There are a lot of factors involved.

I don't understand why port of discharge is Montreal yet vessel is landing at Vancouver. Should they not be the same? In any event, that suggests the shipment is being trucked/trained to Montreal in bond before it is processed.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2007
1579 posts
59 upvotes
Mississauga
so the container arrived in vancouver and is travelling 'in bond' straight to MTL - doens't make much sense to me either

but regardless the container that my stuff is in got pulled for screening by CBSA - more delays and costs!
Dec 1, 2009
816 posts
100 upvotes
Mississauga
pardnme wrote:
Dec 12th, 2017 9:16 pm
so the container arrived in vancouver and is travelling 'in bond' straight to MTL - doens't make much sense to me either

but regardless the container that my stuff is in got pulled for screening by CBSA - more delays and costs!
did u or sender declare the right value for tax purpose?
Sep 15, 2014
4 posts
Vancouver, BC
Do you have a recommend freight forwarder that specializes in various cities in China shipping to Vancouver Port?

Also can they usually get a better rate then my vendor?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2007
1579 posts
59 upvotes
Mississauga
jeffdude87 wrote:
Dec 13th, 2017 12:08 am
did u or sender declare the right value for tax purpose?
yes, the invoice and B/L and packing slip are the only documents sent so far and they all show what I paid. No issues on that end.