• Mar 10th, 2017 11:02 am
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2005
15434 posts
106867 upvotes
Richmond Hill

Contest Announcements

As you're probably aware, some of the members have been kicking around the idea of a new stickied thread for "Contest Announcements". We brought the proposal to oranr and he thought it was a good idea. So here we go:

What this thread is for:

Contest announcements including, but not necessarily limited to:
  • Contest is "Now Live" (i.e. the contest post went up before the contest was active)
  • Last Day extended
  • Changes to contest rules (it happens - not often, but it does)
  • Corrections to posting errors (for example someone has posted a contest marked as "once" but it's actually a "daily" and we want to get the word out to those who have already entered)
What this thread is not for: In order to keep this thread as topical as possible, please refrain from the following:
  • Posting announcement-related questions or comments that would be better discussed within the specific threads themselves
  • Posting "thanks", etc.
  • Posting "Willows", "Christinas", "Wombats", "Mole Rats", "Chuck Norrises" or the like
  • Posting off-topic remarks
I hope this helps.

Ron
Iv ta'be' Hev SoH, ghobe' Qoy lIj mu'mey, as SoH jaH pa' vo' vetlh tuq joq vetlh veng, shake lItha' the dust vo' lIj qamDu' (translation from the original Klingon: And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet)
404 replies
Deal Expert
Jun 27, 2008
20218 posts
360954 upvotes
Ottawa
posted just minutes ago on Shweet's facebook page

"IMPORTANT: Shweet.com is sad to announce that it is suspending operations until further notice. Do NOT enter any further contests.

We have greatly enjoyed serving our loyal Shweet fans and are sad to give you this news. You have been a wonderful audience."

honestly not surprising news and not really sad either lol
bring back colour
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2005
15434 posts
106867 upvotes
Richmond Hill
vilmark wrote:
Apr 19th, 2012 9:00 pm
posted just minutes ago on Shweet's facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/Shweet/posts/432657020094502
Iv ta'be' Hev SoH, ghobe' Qoy lIj mu'mey, as SoH jaH pa' vo' vetlh tuq joq vetlh veng, shake lItha' the dust vo' lIj qamDu' (translation from the original Klingon: And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet)
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2005
5850 posts
1000 upvotes
GTA
Kinda seen that coming since they were adding less and less prizes
Deal Expert
Oct 16, 2001
76715 posts
1576 upvotes
Thats to bad, they had some good prizes. I was lucky enough to win an Ipod Shuffle from them
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2005
15434 posts
106867 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Last chance to enter. The following contests end on 20 April 2012: --------------------------------------------------

Last chance to enter. The following contest ends on 21 April 2012:
    [url=http://forums.redflagdeals.com/last-day-harry-rosen-passport-chicago-ends-21-apr-2012-qc-yes-1165375/]Harry Rosen - "Passport to Chicago" (ends 21/Apr/2012, QC yes!)[/url]
Deal Expert
Jun 27, 2008
20218 posts
360954 upvotes
Ottawa
wonderbread changed their rules on the facebook contest today

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/wonder-b ... st14619623

after a few emails to wonderbread - they changed their rules today.

" LIMIT: One entry per person. More than one entry from a single person or e-mail account/address will void all entries from that person or e-mail address."

so I updated the thread to once from daily
bring back colour
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2005
15434 posts
106867 upvotes
Richmond Hill
The following contests end today (22 April 2012): -------------------------------------

The following contests end today (23 April 2012): -------------------------------------

The following contest ends today (24 April 2012):
    [url=http://forums.redflagdeals.com/last-day-visit-connecticut-escape-ct-sweepstakes-ends-24-apr-12-qc-no-fb-1152819/][Once] Visit Connecticut - "Escape to CT Sweepstakes" (ends 24/Apr/12, QC no, FB)[/url]
-------------------------------------

The following contest ends today (25 April 2012):
    [url=http://forums.redflagdeals.com/last-day-source-kindle-day-14-winners-ends-25-apr-12-qc-no-1164579/][Once]The Source - "A Kindle-a-Day" (14 winners) (ends 25/Apr/12, QC no) [/url]
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2005
15434 posts
106867 upvotes
Richmond Hill
In case you've entered already and you missed the change in the posting, I had the following contest listed as "Once" when it should be "Other".

Not a rules change, just sloppiness when I posted it.

[Other] Heinz - "57 Days to Summer" (ends 1/Jul/2012-10pm CDT, BC/AB/SK/MB only, UPC)

Apologies for the inconvenience.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2005
15434 posts
106867 upvotes
Richmond Hill
It's (a)live!

[Once] Mass Luminsoity - "Sapphire HD 7870 Giveaway" (end 30/Apr/12***, QC?, 17+)

Better giddy-yap - contest closes at 10,000 entries or April 30 - whichever comes first.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2005
15434 posts
106867 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Clarification received from Safeway (it's not explicitly stated in the rules, one way or another):

Contest is "daily" not "once":

Safeway - "What Would You Do w/ 100K AirMiles?" (ends 3/May/12, BC/AB/SK/MB/N.ON, FB)
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2005
15434 posts
106867 upvotes
Richmond Hill
The Canadian Living "Win a Black and Decker paint sprayer" contest that I posted yesterday was released in error by the sponsor (even though the rules stated a start date of April 25, 2012).

I received this email response from them a short while ago:
I must apologize. The Black and Decker contest was accidentally set online early. It is meant to run in conjunction with our July issue and has been taken down until then. I will adjust the rules to reflect that. This month's Design Dilemma contest is Grace Bonney's book Design Sponge.

Thank you for your vigilance and good luck in the contest!
--
VICTORIA O'MEARA
Web Editorial Coordinator
So the contest should re-appear in a couple of months. Until then, I've asked a mod to take down the current contest posting.

Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Update - follow-up email:
The entries that have been submitted will carry over to when it re-launches.

Thanks,
Victoria
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2005
15434 posts
106867 upvotes
Richmond Hill
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel