• Last Updated:
  • Mar 19th, 2024 12:05 am
Tags:
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2013
2967 posts
7519 upvotes
Halifax, NS
simplysteph wrote: Thanks for letting me spam tag you, trying to gather more people to tag since people are pretty annoyed with the tags after the update with tags falling into DMs instead of just notifications. Anyone know how to sort that out?
while it still annoys me, i've been trying to look at the positive about most of the tags going to DMs...

a) if instagram suddenly restarts on you or your feed refreshes (does this happen to anyone else?), it's easy to go back and see who you tagged last and on which post, because it's in a message. :)

b) if i had that many people tagging me in my regular notifications -- because at this point there are so many -- it would push down older notifications and i could possibly miss a winning tag (if a brand tags me that i won something but don't message me).

silver linings!

that said holy crap i've been blocked on one of my IG accounts for going on 10 days now? le sigh
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2013
2967 posts
7519 upvotes
Halifax, NS
luckyladybug wrote: You can always change your settings and set it to @ mentions from only people you follow - it's under privacy settings
the only thing is that occasionally brands will @ someone to notify them they've won. i would hope that if they couldn't mention the person, that they would reach out to them via message but... i dunno.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
3111 posts
4641 upvotes
seafoodmwg wrote: while it still annoys me, i've been trying to look at the positive about most of the tags going to DMs...

a) if instagram suddenly restarts on you or your feed refreshes (does this happen to anyone else?), it's easy to go back and see who you tagged last and on which post, because it's in a message. :)

b) if i had that many people tagging me in my regular notifications -- because at this point there are so many -- it would push down older notifications and i could possibly miss a winning tag (if a brand tags me that i won something but don't message me).

silver linings!

that said holy crap i've been blocked on one of my IG accounts for going on 10 days now? le sigh
10 days! Wow that sucks. Good thing you can use your other one. I get the refresh all the time. I find this happens mostly on days where I haven't been able to check IG for quite a few hours. Very annoying if you are in the middle of looking at something.

I thought I had been jailed yesterday but it was phone problems as I could tag if I was using IG on my computer instead of the app. Odd. When I have time I think I might still set up a second account just to be able to be less worried when it comes to tagging.
Jan 24, 2014
914 posts
5415 upvotes
Alberta
seafoodmwg wrote: the only thing is that occasionally brands will @ someone to notify them they've won. i would hope that if they couldn't mention the person, that they would reach out to them via message but... i dunno.
I thought about that before but I think you should/would be following them already? I think that's usually the first requirement for contests...
2013: $13,300 2014: $16,860 - 2015: $13,430 - 2016: $5,565 - 2017: $7,985 - 2018: $9,795 - 2019: $17,550 - 2020: $22,350 - 2021: $24,290 - 2022: $7,015 - 2023: $9,365 - 2024: OVERALL TOTAL: $147,505
Jan 23, 2020
488 posts
652 upvotes
Calgary
Also @seafoodmwg @gofforever if Instagram refreshes on you when you're mid-tagging (sometimes I tag 8 people, put my phone down and forget for like an hour) you can go to your profile > Click the 3 lines in upper right corner > Activity > Interactions > Comments and it'll show you where you ended on tagging :) I've used this maaaaaaany a time ahahah
oogedy boogedy, lets win some shmoogedy
- circle K homies, i'll take all the unwanted gurus! theyve got a hold on my heart lol
Jan 24, 2014
914 posts
5415 upvotes
Alberta
On a somewhat related note, I have been getting blocked on Instagram sporadically throughout December even though I wait between tags and/or only tag 5-10 people per post, luckily only for short periods of time (less than 24 hours) - I only have one account and will never create another account just because I'm blocked. Anyhow, I've found that I'll completely close the app, open it back up and go to tag on a post and I'm instantly blocked even though I haven't been on the app at all. However, if I keep the app open, I can tag multiple people on different posts and it's fine.

I've seen some people on EVERY SINGLE CONTEST tagging upwards of 25 people per post and they obviously aren't getting blocked and/or those same people getting in on local contests when they definitely aren't local. I find people get a little Christmas contest crazy, like chill. And how do they find all these anyways?! Alright... I'm starting to sound like stinastr so I better end my rant. Just kidding of course :)

Remember, it only takes on entry to win so if you're meant to win, you'll win with one tag. One contest friend said it's better to have one tag on a bunch of contests vs. 10-20 tags on one contest, which I agree with.
2013: $13,300 2014: $16,860 - 2015: $13,430 - 2016: $5,565 - 2017: $7,985 - 2018: $9,795 - 2019: $17,550 - 2020: $22,350 - 2021: $24,290 - 2022: $7,015 - 2023: $9,365 - 2024: OVERALL TOTAL: $147,505
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2006
1559 posts
1672 upvotes
Toronto
Is anyone else having trouble with captchas? I often have to refresh the contest page over and over again, in order for it to appear (on pages that require it). This is happening on many different contest pages, so it seems to be a captcha issue, rather than a sponsor thing. And sometimes, no matter how many times I refresh the page, it still won't come up. Chrome and Firefox are both having this issue.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
3111 posts
4641 upvotes
Sylphrena wrote: Also @seafoodmwg @gofforever if Instagram refreshes on you when you're mid-tagging (sometimes I tag 8 people, put my phone down and forget for like an hour) you can go to your profile > Click the 3 lines in upper right corner > Activity > Interactions > Comments and it'll show you where you ended on tagging :) I've used this maaaaaaany a time ahahah
Thanks. Mine isn't when I'm tagging but when I'm scrolling through my daily feed of posts. I click on one to see more details and then it goes and refreshes. I will certainly try what you mentioned and hopefully it will work.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2013
2967 posts
7519 upvotes
Halifax, NS
Sylphrena wrote: Also @seafoodmwg @gofforever if Instagram refreshes on you when you're mid-tagging (sometimes I tag 8 people, put my phone down and forget for like an hour) you can go to your profile > Click the 3 lines in upper right corner > Activity > Interactions > Comments and it'll show you where you ended on tagging :) I've used this maaaaaaany a time ahahah
wow i had no idea! thankyou!
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2013
2967 posts
7519 upvotes
Halifax, NS
luckyladybug wrote: I thought about that before but I think you should/would be following them already? I think that's usually the first requirement for contests...
good point! i guess i didn’t think it through
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
1015 posts
1948 upvotes
luckyladybug wrote: I thought about that before but I think you should/would be following them already? I think that's usually the first requirement for contests...
I recently was announced as a winner in a post from a company with an @ on my username. For some reason I did not get a notification (or it go buried in all my notification and somehow I didn't see it) Anyway they messaged me the next day which was great or I would have probably missed it.
Aug 3, 2022
60 posts
267 upvotes
Random question but has anyone had any experience with Hotmail and any issues receiving e-mails? I only ask because maybe I just have to keep entering but I feel like I enter countless things and maybe I am just unlucky haha but I feel like I should have got SOMETHING by now, I have won one thing in the past year after doing many single/dailies
Sep 25, 2013
206 posts
647 upvotes
Vancouver
JDrifts wrote: Random question but has anyone had any experience with Hotmail and any issues receiving e-mails? I only ask because maybe I just have to keep entering but I feel like I enter countless things and maybe I am just unlucky haha but I feel like I should have got SOMETHING by now, I have won one thing in the past year after doing many single/dailies
Hahaha yes I have a hotmail account and I feel this lol I win on instant prizes but have yet this year to get an email for other prizes.
Jan 24, 2014
914 posts
5415 upvotes
Alberta
I know I just said it only takes one entry to win (and it does) but I find it crazy that a lot of contest winners are like Joe Blow's cousin from some middle of nowhere town who never enters contests and just decided to enter a PIN code they found in a bottle cap that washed up on the street corner... and the prize is $10,000! Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes

Kinda like JDrifts said, all us RFDers enter many contests daily... alright, no negative energy... tomorrow is a new day... WILLOW, WILLOW, WILLOW Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Penalty Box
Feb 11, 2015
7916 posts
55264 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I take it there are trackers that check from where you entered that contest. I bet Marilyn has one, but prob picks 1 loudmouth or 2 from the big bulk of them, or maybe I'm wrong, and she's a kind lady, with a good show, that believes in luck. But previously what I was saying, sometimes, I'll copy and paste the link and reopen it, but I'm not sure if they double track the ip but than how would they tab that on it, right? Or memorize it. Don't know too much about IT lol.

But I always just click on contestgirl's contest, have to do a run tomorrow. But what I came here to say, before somehow putting Marilyn into this, but lotsa contestants stay silent, like I'm sure lots won way more lol. Maybe not.

Was saying, I'm bummed out. Won some tickets I gave away twice, Ottawa craft show and a show at the harbourfront, and I got $120 worth of beer a-coming. If there's nothing else, I'll be putting in the effort prob til the 30th, 31st, morning only if entering dailies or will just skip it than or have a very short list, than I'm having a good day lol.

Gotta be in it to win it, but sometimes, something is better than nothing, and sometimes, it's bigger than just about your own appetite. Everyone could do more for the world, but when you buy into stipulations, I guess energy binding things into the evenflow somehow makes it happen, even if we somehow dropped into this world and now have to fly out, not dead, but with our lives. Sleepwalking off of earth! lol

Video game idea: There's a stone you're standing on to start the game, and your mind is glowing out your senses trying to prepare for the fall. Than your knees give out and you drop but you're strung on a string, not on the ground, but not choked. Symbols glare your eyes up as your fray from it and realize the stone is now in your head. The string your spine. And you're in some zone...no idea, just the beginning haha it's silly no doubt for sure prob
Penalty Box
Feb 11, 2015
7916 posts
55264 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Guess you gotta trust in lady luck. It's only one attribute, and there's more to character and personalitize your life with.

Good luck. I'm just sore from doing dailies, and wasn't all the previous months lol
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
3111 posts
4641 upvotes
JDrifts wrote: Random question but has anyone had any experience with Hotmail and any issues receiving e-mails? I only ask because maybe I just have to keep entering but I feel like I enter countless things and maybe I am just unlucky haha but I feel like I should have got SOMETHING by now, I have won one thing in the past year after doing many single/dailies
I don't know about hotmail but I have noticed in the past few years and even more so since Covid that there are more and more people entering. So it will be harder to win. Or maybe there's more people that have figured out ways to cheat. My biggest win was from the Amazon contest this year and a few instant wins. You can always change your email if you think that's the problem but I changed my email from Yahoo to Gmail a few years back and it is a lot of work trying to change all your logins for websites and some do not make it easy to change it. Here's hoping you win something nice from all these holiday contests.
Jan 30, 2016
577 posts
2199 upvotes
Halifax, NS
For the first part of the Starbucks contest I was getting something with every shake. The past few days I just get “not a winner”. Seems odd that three shakes every day for days are all duds all of a sudden. Anyone else notice this?
Penalty Box
Feb 11, 2015
7916 posts
55264 upvotes
Toronto, ON
And forget Marilyn, I think I was playing when you had to remember a word, and when she'd call you, you had some time to say a few that were on the show...

So she made it easier for the everyday person entering. I guess that was a wrong pick, but I'm sure others are doing it! lol...try to copy and paste links, but also be like wtf just direct hit, I'm not going around to the page and entering from there. I prob should but I try to get through it as fast as I can lol
Apr 27, 2021
76 posts
45 upvotes
Entered everyday in the Nutella sweater contest, didn't win.
Happy to see some RFDers won the contest.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)