Contest Discussion(s)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 27th, 2024 4:32 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
3121 posts
4712 upvotes
gypsyblossom wrote: Oh no! I’ve been having the worst time with bans. My mom has been cruising along tagging away just fine (I think she’s only ever had a 24hr ban back in September) We we’re just talking this morning how it’s crazy that she never gets effected with all her tagging… She just received a 7 DAY ban!! Flushed Face I figured throughout this xmas season she’d get slapped with a 24hr ban at some point but straight to a 7 day. Yikes. My own ban finally lifted today and I’m having anxiety about even attempting to tag now lol
I find that the bans have been extreme. I've actually been considering leaving the IG for the last little while now. But it's totally stupid the way they go about it. Hubby was banned 7 days for 4 posts in a 30 minute span! They say if you think this is in error to contact them, but no one responds
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2006
3164 posts
26403 upvotes
Toronto
Question for all:

When posting a contest that is starting on a future date - where is the best place to put the contest start date?

Option 1: Start date at the end of the title
Option 2: Start date at the start of the post (in bold)
Option 3: Start date at the end of the post (in bold)

This isn't covered in the FAQ sticky thread:
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/rfd-con ... s-1291530/

If selecting Option 1 note that is not covered/mentioned in the Contest Posting / Title Format sticky thread:
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/contest ... g-1284737/
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2010
23809 posts
7673 upvotes
North Vancouver

People will see it right away and can click on the "Remind me" button on the top right of the screen.
Jan 30, 2016
583 posts
2222 upvotes
Halifax, NS
gbamber wrote: Option 1: Start date at the end of the title

People will see it right away and can click on the "Remind me" button on the top right of the screen.
There’s a remind me button?! On the mobile app too?

I like Option 1 or 2

Edit to add: I immediately went to look, and yep, there it is! Ha, I’m not sure why I never noticed. I guess I’ve gotten used to my own way of organizing and blocked out what I don’t need? Thanks for the tip!
Penalty Box
Feb 11, 2015
7918 posts
55318 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Heya all. Well, I'm not feeling winter at all. Trying to stay warm and comfortable, but it's that time, you just might not enjoy sitting or walking so much lol.

I figure, I entered the daily contests daily, not all, but all the christmas ones. Nothing! Ha ha, if there's a surprise after new years, I dunno. Whatever though. I don't have much money, so I don't know what I'll buy everyone. Some chocolates, roll them up a j and than they'll give it back, and I'll smoke them. Ha ha. Meh. Not a good year at all.

On the plus side, everyday, though I don't do that much or am as productive as I want to be, keeps on being longer, encompassing more, like a wider screen and a little higher. Seems to be, I've been all over the place sometimes, now, just not caring about the focus that much and trying just to be with whatever parameters are set in and lodged in lock. I used to like feeling like I had more money or always covered my spread of things, but I realized I was zoned into it and not ready to take on my brain as a yourself. Kinda was searching, hearing, feeling. Can't do much in life sometimes all on your own it feels, but that's where it starts or else there's nothing to it.

Meh, I'll prob do a contest run tomorrow to try and enter some late christmas contests and new years ones and hope I can win. Took out the leftovers of my pay today, and I'm sure I will not make it long with what I got. And they boosted it out early, as it's January's pay. Ha ha, that pay doesn't last long at all. Meh, to better times. May your dreams shine, you glow in the day or night, and hopefully if this year wasn't what it was all supposed to be about, time for another round in 2024. Guess you are always growing and getting better, can't say life gets any easier though. It's all a conformed plan, and I think some semblance of normality is deformed. Staying too tightly wrapped up or in your own head. Let it out. To more fun in 2024. I didn't even see a concert last year, won some tickets, but wasn't feeling anything. Lol. Meh, come on, how many more days in 2023. Bah Humbag! lol
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2006
3164 posts
26403 upvotes
Toronto
spooky wrote: Question for all:

When posting a contest that is starting on a future date - where is the best place to put the contest start date?

Option 2: Start date at the start of the post (in bold)
Option 3: Start date at the end of the post (in bold)

This isn't covered in the FAQ sticky thread:
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/rfd-con ... s-1291530/

If selecting Option 1 note that is not covered/mentioned in the Contest Posting / Title Format sticky thread:
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/contest ... g-1284737/
gbamber wrote: Option 1: Start date at the end of the title

ImagineCH wrote: There’s a remind me button?! On the mobile app too?

I like Option 1 or 2

Edit to add: I immediately went to look, and yep, there it is! Ha, I’m not sure why I never noticed. I guess I’ve gotten used to my own way of organizing and blocked out what I don’t need? Thanks for the tip!
Created a thread in the site discussion and suggestions:

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/contest ... e-2663771/

Please add any additional feedback there.
Penalty Box
Feb 11, 2015
7918 posts
55318 upvotes
Toronto, ON
you know what I was thinking. There's a search maneuver compressed for a thread start date...but no end date search. For all the lazy ppl missing out on contests that they know they don't have it in them to enter, that would be like a weekly thing for us lazies to get to not missing TOO MANY contests lol.

Anyways, would have to have some sort of separate setup for entering end date that you can than browse. I dunno if lazy is ever rewarded. But there's a thought! lol
Jan 29, 2013
536 posts
3724 upvotes
Saskatoon Sk
I am maybe not understanding @stinastr message re contest end date but in case I am, I just hit title in the bar and it lists the contests that are ending today, tomorrow etc.? Not sure that was the issue but just in case... cheers and good luck all!
Penalty Box
Feb 11, 2015
7918 posts
55318 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Hobi1234 wrote: I am maybe not understanding @stinastr message re contest end date but in case I am, I just hit title in the bar and it lists the contests that are ending today, tomorrow etc.? Not sure that was the issue but just in case... cheers and good luck all!
I think you may be right. Maybe it was some inner clockwork of mind, saying entering the one time weekly on 1 or 2 sites, than do another one once a month, or all 3 in a week. And not right any dates down, just do it every Friday or Saturday or something. I gotta get more organized. I slacked off in contests, though I still like googling occasionally lol

But you're not right actually, it's by thread start date and end date, not by actual contest start/end date. I guess they'd have to program it to fit the date in,and check that. I dunno, would be easier. Than I'd even post contests I find elsewhere, for the more casual contestant, as I can always tab by date and this would def be the go to for that
Penalty Box
Feb 11, 2015
7918 posts
55318 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Just entering contests and started around 6 with a break too...and am still on rfd. But I saw that Raptors contest, and thought. I should have a form fill program just for the unlimited entries, and if I really want to win, spend like 5 minutes with that program, otherwise, not worth it prob haha. I dunno, good luck in them contests!
Penalty Box
Feb 11, 2015
7918 posts
55318 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Did my run yesterday, started at 6pm. Finished after 1am. It had breaks that prob take 45 minutes in between a few, lol. Today, just need to find the strength in effort to somehow let be on the holidays. Been a little overclocked on myself these past few, and feeling a lil more chill now. Taking it to the end of the line. Will I be a winner, or will that be the last time I enter daily contests ever. Even Christmas! lol

Gotta walk the dog...gotta smoke...day's weather is fine...It's alright for this apparent Christmas, everybody elving around the old man plan, santa *Clause* (pronounced Klaus like a hitman on life - haha). We celebrate death...and in it rejoice and give gifts. This literature and assembly of life makes little sense. I might be a little atheist, unless we're all gods at some points, but than, what's the point? Happy Holidays! Lol
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
3524 posts
15859 upvotes
Halifax
Update: This has been gifted, Merry Christmas all.

I won a $25 nfl shop gift card code from the mars contest.

It's probably not useful unless you’re an nhl fan and would be buying something anyway, the shipping takes up $12 of it. :)

Would anyone like it? Please pm me if so. If multiple people want it, I’ll just draw a name or give it to someone who posts contests regularly.

Merry Christmas!
Last edited by Tracydeanne on Dec 24th, 2023 7:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mar 31, 2012
49 posts
147 upvotes
VANCOUVER
What am I doing wrong? There is often a 1 or +1 in front of my phone number when I fill forms. I change the saved information but it keeps happening. I also have roboform but usually don't us it for filing forms. How are you filing in forms?
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24232 posts
43261 upvotes
ONTARIO
Grasshopper99 wrote: What am I doing wrong? There is often a 1 or +1 in front of my phone number when I fill forms. I change the saved information but it keeps happening. I also have roboform but usually don't us it for filing forms. How are you filing in forms?
I also use Roboform and I can tell you that you have "phone prefix" enabled. You must disable it if you don't want it to always add the 1 in front of the number.

Right-click on the Roboform icon in your system tray
Hover over Identities
Click on the identity you made for yourself to bring up the editor
Now at the top of the menu is a button called "Phone prefix". Click on this and change it to "NONE".

Problem should be solved.
Images
  • Screenshot 2023-12-24 121225.jpg
Mar 31, 2010
385 posts
794 upvotes
Nova scotia
For those still doing the Reese dynamic duo. Based on the rules there is a different final entry date for receipts and codes from NPE. And the entry page has a different final deadline than the rules. Rules say January 4th and entry page says December 23rd.
Images
  • Screenshot_20231224-170305.png
Penalty Box
Feb 11, 2015
7918 posts
55318 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Sorry not reading this now. The contest I made, I gave it to a buddy, along with shortbread cookies and a chocolate. He gave me a 50% preroll. Than I smoked a shred heavy at 41.7%. So now I don't want to be on the computer.

Sorry for cancelling the contest with no prior warning, but it had no ballots, and if I'm giving it away. I could've offered to mail. But my sharing the contests is sharing. Good luck all. Guess I'm kinda grinchy afterall. And high. Now to spreading cheer and not shaving. I got a little fungus on a pinkie or something, and now I see the cig package with something rotting lol. I was touching my finger throughout, doing selfexamination. I'll get them back for the commercials. Or tick for tack, waste their time. I dunno what I'm saying. To better days! Come on, someone win something huge on the 27th!!!! LOL
Nov 18, 2016
50 posts
122 upvotes
Merry Christmas RFD contesters, thanks for sharing all the tips, strategies, and announcements! Hope contest Santa is good to all of us in 2024 Person With Folded HandsFather ChristmasEvergreen TreeSmiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat
Deal Addict
May 31, 2007
1892 posts
17750 upvotes
Won a $100 NFLshop.ca e-gift card from the Mars contest. I don't need it to be honest so first one to PM me will get the gift card code and pin

Edit: GONE
Penalty Box
Feb 11, 2015
7918 posts
55318 upvotes
Toronto, ON
BD12 wrote: Won a $100 NFLshop.ca e-gift card from the Mars contest. I don't need it to be honest so first one to PM me will get the gift card code and pin

Edit: GONE
Thanks much for offering this up. i won a $100 NFL gift code before, and on a whim, bought a LA Rams sweater, and a Miami Dolphins one with it. The LA Rams ended up winning the superbowl that year, and most recently, I burned a hole in my Dolphins sweater unaware with a cigarette and noticed after. I think I can get that somehow sewed up again, but much appreciate the generosity. I got 2 smoking buddies that proline, but may just toast myself on this one. I don't like random NFL talks, but I don't mind having some NFL gear. Thanks much, not the biggest NFL fan, but I like colorful or cool clothes. They got some. Much appreciated. All the best to you and everyone on the countdown to New Years. Than it's pretty much the same, just prob colder. Get through the rain to better. Thanks again and good luck all in them contests!