• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2024 2:13 pm
Tags:
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24232 posts
43261 upvotes
ONTARIO
Expedia Cruises has a new contest that started yesterday if anyone feels like posting. Open to Canada and the US (so our chances are even worse).

https://www.expediacruises.ca/en-CA/ter ... e/Contest/
https://www.expediacruises.ca/en-CA/ter ... test/Rules

Prize is basically 2 vacations in 1! First you and 3 guests will fly to Disney World Resort in Florida for 3 nights. Then you board the Disney Wish cruise ship for 4 nights! You also get spending money.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24232 posts
43261 upvotes
ONTARIO
Anyone know where the thread for a contest called the NHL Puck Drop might be? Or possibly something with that in the name?

I'm trying to find it, but coming up with nothing. The contest was related to Rogers.
I don't enter contests anywhere else, so it must be here somewhere.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24232 posts
43261 upvotes
ONTARIO
Nope, that doesn't look like it either. Thanks for looking though. Weird that it's so hard to find.

I received a call a couple days ago about a contest win on behalf of Rogers. I won 2 tickets to the Leafs game this upcoming Wednesday. The release form I signed just says the contest name is "2024 NHL Puck Drop". Sponsor shows as Rogers Communications Inc.

Aside from the marketing company running the contest (SDIsports), I can't find any other info. I know it had to have been posted here on RFD though.

Funny enough, I actually turned down the prize while on the phone because it's such short notice, but she basically just said I could accept the prize and just give the tickets away. So that is what I plan to do.

Receiving them tomorrow apparently. Was told they are Gondola seats. So hopefully that means they are good?
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24232 posts
43261 upvotes
ONTARIO
BobSagget wrote: Nope, that doesn't look like it either. Thanks for looking though. Weird that it's so hard to find.

I received a call a couple days ago about a contest win on behalf of Rogers. I won 2 tickets to the Leafs game this upcoming Wednesday. The release form I signed just says the contest name is "2024 NHL Puck Drop". Sponsor shows as Rogers Communications Inc.

Aside from the marketing company running the contest (SDIsports), I can't find any other info. I know it had to have been posted here on RFD though.

Funny enough, I actually turned down the prize while on the phone because it's such short notice, but she basically just said I could accept the prize and just give the tickets away. So that is what I plan to do.

Receiving them tomorrow apparently. Was told they are Gondola seats. So hopefully that means they are good?
So I finally got the tickets emailed to me from Ticketmaster! According to Ticketmaster, they're worth $353 ea! Whoa. Was not expecting that. Apparently includes free food, drink, private bathroom, etc. Pretty nice!

Also found this page where it gives me a 3D view of what the suite looks like.

https://mapleleafs.io-media.com/web/index.html#appid/2 (party suite)

Too bad I won't be making use of them. Maybe I can sell them on the cheap though lol.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2006
2079 posts
15381 upvotes
SE Ontario
BobSagget wrote: So I finally got the tickets emailed to me from Ticketmaster! According to Ticketmaster, they're worth $353 ea! Whoa. Was not expecting that. Apparently includes free food, drink, private bathroom, etc. Pretty nice!

Too bad I won't be making use of them. Maybe I can sell them on the cheap though lol.
Wow! someone's going to have a good night if you find a buyer. Good luck. too bad you can't go!
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24232 posts
43261 upvotes
ONTARIO
Emilyb wrote: Wow! someone's going to have a good night if you find a buyer. Good luck. too bad you can't go!
Ya for sure. They seem like great seats to take a kid due to the unlimited pizza, hotdogs, popcorn and pop!
Nov 24, 2022
419 posts
2160 upvotes
BobSagget wrote: So I finally got the tickets emailed to me from Ticketmaster! According to Ticketmaster, they're worth $353 ea! Whoa. Was not expecting that. Apparently includes free food, drink, private bathroom, etc. Pretty nice!

Is it the party suite? or suite 213?
Penalty Box
Feb 11, 2015
7918 posts
55318 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Well, as I go for my cig and weed breaks, I sometimes comment, mumble or say, or sing. So it was Saturday, Sunday or Monday - I don't remember. But I live 'round some restaurants, and I guess I looked rough and out of touch with doing whatever I was doing than and than. They come up to me with a $100 and a $5 bill. The one with the $5 bill said go, get a hotel, eat a meal. They both said, it's not for drugs. I said, in that case, sorry, I'm prob gonna use it for weed. They're like weed isn't a drug, and I'm like, I agree. One chased the other away and the $5 bill never got offered, but I got a $100 bill. This month, gave most as I owed some, still owe the bank some, so already had to borrow something again. Trying to make some room, and steer and row this life with some money's for my travels, maybe a bit for real travels. I dunno. Lol. I always said, I should take my show to the city sometimes, smile, put a cap upside down in front of people. Meh, if this world was about money, I'm sure there are better ways. Anyways, gotta get to it. I showered after that, I'm like, meh, I really gotta do that more often. Ha ha. Hippie bum getting back into contests, some buying and selling if I see good deals, but the car's broken, so I dunno, maybe I'll take the go than take an uber closer to. We'll see. Onto better days.

I still didn't get my $500 redken gift card in my email. I dunno what happened. I did mention I have some computer problems, but I dunno. Told them, will give it some time, but haven't received still. Still don't know what to buy, I'll try a few shamp's most def, so will my mom, and my sister is supposed to get a birthday gift from it, so I dunno, one card will prob be heftily spent right away.
Sep 12, 2023
3 posts
11 upvotes
I got a call too.

I was skeptical as I just cut all dealings with Rogers (two cell phones internet and TV), and wondered if it was some kinda hardcore ploy to woo back my business.

Went to the game, and asked. Apparently my name was drawn from a contest that ran last fall. We had great seats, the food was excellent quality for an arena, unlimited soft drinks plus two bar tickets each and some takehome swag. Plus the Leafs won.

I'm pretty sure I accessed the link from RFD too, so a huge THANK YOU to whomever posted it.
Penalty Box
Feb 11, 2015
7918 posts
55318 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I mentioned that I did not receive my $500 redken gift card. I did wait a week, and after that, inquired. They said they are working on a resolution.

I'm sure the gift cards took some time to make (and maybe it's not worth it to make for just one - don't know), and it's rather weird how to access and get to it is. But than you make an account, and that's that. To be quite honest, $500 of hair products, including shampoo, is enough. I don't know if it will be a different resolution thus different prize, but looking forward to what they have to say.

Will keep you posted.
Penalty Box
Feb 11, 2015
7918 posts
55318 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Well, today, my mom registered her card. And she did inquire, but it turns out it could be a mastercard that may be used anywhere. I am unsure, but seemed that way.

I'm getting a resolution, to what I thought I was getting. Ok Than, seems sometimes I have a weird mind with how I arrange things into words and what is happening or what the full picture is. All's well's, guess we're all human it seems.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)