Contests

[Other] Contest Discussion(s)

Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
1575 posts
2854 upvotes
I posted a contest earlier today and now it's gone or at least I cannot find it. It's not even listed under my users posts. It was called Global News LET HAWAI’I HAPPEN. Anyone know what could have happened to it?
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2015
2943 posts
25381 upvotes
gofforever wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 7:35 pm
I posted a contest earlier today and now it's gone or at least I cannot find it. It's not even listed under my users posts. It was called Global News LET HAWAI’I HAPPEN. Anyone know what could have happened to it?
It was a repost so it was probably merged with the OP.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
1575 posts
2854 upvotes
BK2006 wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 7:39 pm
It was a repost so it was probably merged with the OP.
Ok, but I can't even find any post at all on it. Do you know If I perhaps hid it from view if it would it come up when I do a search?
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2015
2943 posts
25381 upvotes
gofforever wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 7:42 pm
Ok, but I can't even find any post at all on it. Do you know If I perhaps hid it from view if it would it come up when I do a search?
I think that may happen, but I do not know for sure.

Perhaps a MOD could provide an answer.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
1575 posts
2854 upvotes
BobSagget wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 8:04 pm
It might have been deleted due to being a repost.
However you can view every thread you've ever hidden using https://forums.redflagdeals.com/ucp.php ... hidetopics
Thanks I found it in my hidden posts. So it was a repost.
BK2006 wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 7:45 pm
I think that may happen, but I do not know for sure.

Perhaps a MOD could provide an answer.
Well now I know that if you hide a post it will not show up in your searches. Even if you do an advanced search. So I guess there is a drawback to that feature.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
2027 posts
19781 upvotes
Ottawa
VISION TV - CONTEST BEGINS TUESDAY APRIL 4, 2017 AT 10pm ET/7 PT, RIGHT AFTER THE PREMIERE EPISODE OF VICTORIA.
All you’ll need to do to enter is to watch Victoria each Tuesday at 8pm ET/5 PT from April 4 to May 23 and come back here (http://www.visiontv.ca/2017/03/18/watch ... ur-way-uk/) after the show to answer a Royal Question about each weekly episode.

[ROYAL QUESTION #1 AND ENTRY FORM WILL APPEAR HERE ON TUES., APRIL 4, 2017 AT 10PM ET]
http://www.visiontv.ca/2017/03/18/watch ... ur-way-uk/

Set your PVR - Watch Victoria and win an amazing, 10-day tour of England, Scotland and Wales filled with sights and experiences fit for royalty. Our Grand Prize Winner and a friend will be savouring the scenic wonders of Britain on the British Landscapes Tour traveling from London through York, Edinburgh, the Lake District, Wales, Stratford, the Cotswolds, Stonehenge and back to London. TOUR: http://www.gocollette.com/en-ca/tours/e ... landscapes
Dec 26, 2016
5 posts
6 upvotes
Hey guys,

I had joined this contest after finding it here:
2017-03-01-outpost-magazine-win-trip-do ... #p27045917

So, I received an email from the Outpost Magazine editor congratulating me for winning.
They've sent me a liability waiver form to fill out.
They shouted me out on their twitter handle today :

I've only been entering into contests for a few months, and never won anything. Therefore I am a little suspicious.
How can I confirm the legitimacy of the prize? Additionally, how can I ensure that I do not lose any money.
I will obviously have to pay to travel from vancouver to toronto, as the prize is from toronto to dominica, but i don't want to get scammed.

If past winners of trip prizes could help me out here I'd really appreciate it.

I just can't quite believe it yet.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
3807 posts
15507 upvotes
Halifax
Gonedhillon wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2017 8:20 pm
Hey guys,

I had joined this contest after finding it here:
2017-03-01-outpost-magazine-win-trip-do ... #p27045917

So, I received an email from the Outpost Magazine editor congratulating me for winning.
They've sent me a liability waiver form to fill out.

I've only been entering into contests for a few months, and never won anything. Therefore I am a little suspicious.
How can I confirm the legitimacy of the prize? Additionally, how can I ensure that I do not lose any money.
I will obviously have to pay to travel from vancouver to toronto, as the prize is from toronto to dominica, but i don't want to get scammed.

If past winners of trip prizes could help me out here I'd really appreciate it.

I just can't quite believe it yet.
Is there something about it that makes you suspicious?

But if you're worried, don't book your extra flights until they make the flight booking, and then just check the airline reservation yourself.

And congrats!
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2009
3251 posts
19310 upvotes
North York
Congrats! This is a legit contest!!!!
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
2027 posts
19781 upvotes
Ottawa
I didn't post this as new contest as I can't find rules to follow RFD posting policy. Vilmark did here: http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/air-mil ... -1.4037632

BIG BROTHER CANADA - FLIP THE HOH LOOK! We all know that the Big Brother contestants are rarely shy about speaking their minds, and to celebrate we want you to have your say!
Cast your vote for your favourite showpiece below, and you can enter for a chance to WIN THE BIG BROTHER CANADA ULTIMATE FAN EXPERIENCE contest! Four lucky winners will get to spend a day in the Big Brother Canada House competing in challenges, showering with strangers/new friends, live like an actual houseguest, and of course, speak their minds like any good houseguest should! 8 Weekly Prizes are also available to be won.

FB Post March 21 at 6:00pm · Hey Big Brother Canada fans! You can win your way into the #BBCAN5 Odyssey for 24 hours by playing Flip the HOH Look online.

Go to www.bigbrothercanada.ca/FlipTheHOH to cast your vote and enter to win. Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TheBrick/
Last edited by MommaMac on Mar 23rd, 2017 5:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
3807 posts
15507 upvotes
Halifax
Yeah, that's funny the rules posted are just generic. Last year, it was one vote per new item of furniture.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
3807 posts
15507 upvotes
Halifax
I think we've talked about this before, but for Canadian Tire testers, have you ever filmed your review with Canadian Tire? (It asks if you're willing)
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2006
1714 posts
1106 upvotes
Toronto
Tracydeanne wrote:
Mar 24th, 2017 12:19 pm
I think we've talked about this before, but for Canadian Tire testers, have you ever filmed your review with Canadian Tire? (It asks if you're willing)
No, and maybe that's why we've only been asked to test one product?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)