[Other] Contest Discussion(s)

Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2006
2138 posts
1253 upvotes
Toronto
ImagineCH wrote:
Mar 13th, 2017 8:43 pm
I may have missed the boat, but how do I sign up to do one?
I don't remember how I signed up (too long ago), but when I log in to my account, this email is offered as a contact. Perhaps you can use it to ask? tested.by.canadians@cantire.com
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2009
3187 posts
3974 upvotes
Ontario
Tracydeanne wrote:
Mar 9th, 2017 6:12 pm
I'm sure you did, but did you check the balance?

Also, for many prepaid cards now, if you want to shop online, you first have to go to the card website and enter your postal code to be connected to your card. Extra layer of security I guess.

I hope you can get it working!

Ps...I think I remember doing something online to activate the gap card...but I'm sorry, so long ago, I can't remember what it was....
Good to know if I do ever win a Visa gift card!

Tribute.ca has not posted winners from the Casio G-Shock watches draw (contest ended Feb.6). I've tweeted to them twice a week apart and give up. The winners list has not been updated to reflect the contest nor winners as yet-March 14. Will not enter their contests in the future.
Surfing 2017.😎 Wins: $50 gc, Starbucks coffee & 40 bonus stars
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2016
3637 posts
3720 upvotes
GTA, ON
Ciel wrote:
Mar 14th, 2017 9:02 pm
Good to know if I do ever win a Visa gift card!

Tribute.ca has not posted winners from the Casio G-Shock watches draw (contest ended Feb.6). I've tweeted to them twice a week apart and give up. The winners list has not been updated to reflect the contest nor winners as yet-March 14. Will not enter their contests in the future.
I've also noticed that they haven't posted winners for several contests. Especially for electronics, they were giving away phones around Christmas. My buddy and I have both won movie passes on tribute, I think they are legit.
Wins - 2015 : 5 wins = $5,175/ 2016 : 43 wins = $1,854/ 2017 : 5 win = $321
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
4595 posts
15037 upvotes
Halifax
Big Brother Canada starts tonight, haven't seen any contests yet though.

Update: I queried The Brick on twitter...they said they will have a BB contest soon!
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
1837 posts
2913 upvotes
I posted a contest earlier today and now it's gone or at least I cannot find it. It's not even listed under my users posts. It was called Global News LET HAWAI’I HAPPEN. Anyone know what could have happened to it?
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2015
2822 posts
24811 upvotes
gofforever wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 7:35 pm
I posted a contest earlier today and now it's gone or at least I cannot find it. It's not even listed under my users posts. It was called Global News LET HAWAI’I HAPPEN. Anyone know what could have happened to it?
It was a repost so it was probably merged with the OP.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
1837 posts
2913 upvotes
BK2006 wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 7:39 pm
It was a repost so it was probably merged with the OP.
Ok, but I can't even find any post at all on it. Do you know If I perhaps hid it from view if it would it come up when I do a search?
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2015
2822 posts
24811 upvotes
gofforever wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 7:42 pm
Ok, but I can't even find any post at all on it. Do you know If I perhaps hid it from view if it would it come up when I do a search?
I think that may happen, but I do not know for sure.

Perhaps a MOD could provide an answer.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
1837 posts
2913 upvotes
BobSagget wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 8:04 pm
It might have been deleted due to being a repost.
However you can view every thread you've ever hidden using https://forums.redflagdeals.com/ucp.php ... hidetopics
Thanks I found it in my hidden posts. So it was a repost.
BK2006 wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 7:45 pm
I think that may happen, but I do not know for sure.

Perhaps a MOD could provide an answer.
Well now I know that if you hide a post it will not show up in your searches. Even if you do an advanced search. So I guess there is a drawback to that feature.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
2017 posts
17864 upvotes
VISION TV - CONTEST BEGINS TUESDAY APRIL 4, 2017 AT 10pm ET/7 PT, RIGHT AFTER THE PREMIERE EPISODE OF VICTORIA.
All you’ll need to do to enter is to watch Victoria each Tuesday at 8pm ET/5 PT from April 4 to May 23 and come back here (http://www.visiontv.ca/2017/03/18/watch ... ur-way-uk/) after the show to answer a Royal Question about each weekly episode.

[ROYAL QUESTION #1 AND ENTRY FORM WILL APPEAR HERE ON TUES., APRIL 4, 2017 AT 10PM ET]
http://www.visiontv.ca/2017/03/18/watch ... ur-way-uk/

Set your PVR - Watch Victoria and win an amazing, 10-day tour of England, Scotland and Wales filled with sights and experiences fit for royalty. Our Grand Prize Winner and a friend will be savouring the scenic wonders of Britain on the British Landscapes Tour traveling from London through York, Edinburgh, the Lake District, Wales, Stratford, the Cotswolds, Stonehenge and back to London. TOUR: http://www.gocollette.com/en-ca/tours/e ... landscapes
Dec 26, 2016
3 posts
7 upvotes
Hey guys,

I had joined this contest after finding it here:
2017-03-01-outpost-magazine-win-trip-do ... #p27045917

So, I received an email from the Outpost Magazine editor congratulating me for winning.
They've sent me a liability waiver form to fill out.
They shouted me out on their twitter handle today :

I've only been entering into contests for a few months, and never won anything. Therefore I am a little suspicious.
How can I confirm the legitimacy of the prize? Additionally, how can I ensure that I do not lose any money.
I will obviously have to pay to travel from vancouver to toronto, as the prize is from toronto to dominica, but i don't want to get scammed.

If past winners of trip prizes could help me out here I'd really appreciate it.

I just can't quite believe it yet.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
4595 posts
15037 upvotes
Halifax
Gonedhillon wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2017 8:20 pm
Hey guys,

I had joined this contest after finding it here:
2017-03-01-outpost-magazine-win-trip-do ... #p27045917

So, I received an email from the Outpost Magazine editor congratulating me for winning.
They've sent me a liability waiver form to fill out.

I've only been entering into contests for a few months, and never won anything. Therefore I am a little suspicious.
How can I confirm the legitimacy of the prize? Additionally, how can I ensure that I do not lose any money.
I will obviously have to pay to travel from vancouver to toronto, as the prize is from toronto to dominica, but i don't want to get scammed.

If past winners of trip prizes could help me out here I'd really appreciate it.

I just can't quite believe it yet.
Is there something about it that makes you suspicious?

But if you're worried, don't book your extra flights until they make the flight booking, and then just check the airline reservation yourself.

And congrats!
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2009
2954 posts
16129 upvotes
North York
Congrats! This is a legit contest!!!!
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel