Oct 26, 2012
4641 posts
15137 upvotes
Halifax
toguy wrote:
Mar 26th, 2017 10:33 am
Saw this article this morning regarding mail-in NPEs:

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/nova ... -1.3999965

I never really enter whenever there is a stamp involved, but maybe I should consider it...
I've had pretty good luck on mail in NPE contests, but I only do ones where the prize is worth it to me. I've won 2 iPads, cash, and a few other smaller things on mail ins. I usually figure that contests that require a purchase must have lower entries. Either people don't buy it, or they do and don't bother entering because they're not fanatical contesters. ;)

That being said, I've never won on any NPE PIN requests, I may give up those entirely.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2009
3369 posts
4223 upvotes
Ontario
I've managed to win bonus stars every few days in the Starbucks Road Trip game. If I am able to get 72 more stars by April 5, I'll become a Gold Level member.

Did get 1000 PC Plus points on the Fortinos scratch card today. Want the 20000 pts prize soon if possible!

Simons had drawn 4 possible winners today for the $250 gift cards for their Prom Contest. Hope their social media announces the winners by next week.
I don't see mention of who won the Calgary store opening prize package or the swim prize package.

Shoppers should be contacting after April 11 the winners of the current game-recall seeing posts on their Facebook page (Mar 14 post has March 15 comment with Shoppers replying to winner comment) unless the reference was to the Optimum Millionaire game winners. https://www.facebook.com/shoppersdrugmart
Surfing 2017.😎 Summer contest slump.
Jan 29, 2013
141 posts
844 upvotes
Wow seems like the wins reported list is getting fewer and fewer posts and further in between posts! I've won two Goodreads Books this year which is great but that's been it so far! I like to read the winners posts to keep me motivated!
Jul 9, 2013
914 posts
5849 upvotes
Ontario
Hobi1234 wrote:
Mar 27th, 2017 10:56 pm
Wow seems like the wins reported list is getting fewer and fewer posts and further in between posts! I've won two Goodreads Books this year which is great but that's been it so far! I like to read the winners posts to keep me motivated!
Congrats on the Goodreads wins! I still have never won from them, but I only try periodically. I will post my recent wins in the contest wins forum ok
Jul 27, 2016
133 posts
111 upvotes
I just saw a TV ad for GlobalNews Poker-Lotto contest where they choose one entrant per day to receive $1000 CDN.

Here's the link: https://contests.globalnews.ca/poker-lotto/enter/

But you need to know the "winning hand" which they show to viewers only during the morning news show.
Does anyone who knows today's answer care to share?

I'm going to DVR the morning news show from now til the contest ends Apr 7 and I'll try to post the winning answer here each day.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2009
3063 posts
16781 upvotes
North York
The Global lottery contest is only for AB, SK and MB
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
1871 posts
2970 upvotes
Has anyone been entering the #CityllineReal contest? I have submitted pics everyday adding to my collection of stuff to purge. Some pics are accepted and some are rejected. Seems to be at the whim of whomever is looking at the pics as they are all different pictures. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed that some of their pics have been rejected?
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2015
2887 posts
25079 upvotes
gofforever wrote:
Mar 30th, 2017 8:22 am
Has anyone been entering the #CityllineReal contest? I have submitted pics everyday adding to my collection of stuff to purge. Some pics are accepted and some are rejected. Seems to be at the whim of whomever is looking at the pics as they are all different pictures. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed that some of their pics have been rejected?
I have only entered five times through the website and all have been accepted (and they are not of great quality picture wise)
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
4641 posts
15137 upvotes
Halifax
gofforever wrote:
Mar 30th, 2017 8:22 am
I've been entering everyday and none rejected. Mine aren't anything special, pics of my messy closets basically. Maybe they think you're using the same pile without looking closely?
Jul 27, 2016
133 posts
111 upvotes
PierreS299131 wrote:
Mar 29th, 2017 10:25 pm
I just saw a TV ad for GlobalNews Poker-Lotto contest where they choose one entrant per day to receive $1000 CDN.

Here's the link: https://contests.globalnews.ca/poker-lotto/enter/

But you need to know the "winning hand" which they show to viewers only during the morning news show.
Does anyone who knows today's answer care to share?

I'm going to DVR the morning news show from now til the contest ends Apr 7 and I'll try to post the winning answer here each day.
The winning answer for Mar 30 is: Straight
(this contest is for AB, SK, MB and the Territories)
Mar 30, 2017
8 posts
2 upvotes
Hi Everyone. I'm new to this contest forum. Just a quick question. How do you keep track of all the contest you enter? Daily vs Once.

Wish everyone luck.
Feb 11, 2015
606 posts
8574 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Hi RC, welcome and enjoy. I usually track my one time contests by writing the date and time of the time I finished entering my one time contests, write it on a piece of paper, and than when I come back on to enter more, I press the thread date/time started and realign them and find the date and time I entered last and just go up and back from there. My daily, well, I've been entering them for a while and it seems that when I enter, I know what I entered and just do a run with my bookmarks and rfd.

Tracking one time, I find this works for me. With the dailies, just start entering daily, and I don't mean everyday. Today, I can't find the effort in me to enter past the morning, and in the evening, I do or I don't. Just enter when you can. It's about hitting THE ONE, rather than getting bored after a week and giving up.

you can win with one entry, or you could win with 100 entries but it's still the one that you need. just keep entering and eventually you'd get something you really want.
Last edited by stinastr on Mar 31st, 2017 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
4641 posts
15137 upvotes
Halifax
RCOnline wrote:
Mar 31st, 2017 11:46 am
Hi Everyone. I'm new to this contest forum. Just a quick question. How do you keep track of all the contest you enter? Daily vs Once.

Wish everyone luck.
I organize my dailies, weeklies etc using my browsers favourites/bookmarks. One-time entries I keep in a spreadsheet by date so I don't enter them again.

Some people use programs specifically for tracking and filling in multiple forms.

If you just use RFD, you prob don't need to create a big tracking system, but if you search for contests outside RFD, it's helpful to be organized.
Mar 30, 2017
8 posts
2 upvotes
Thanks stinastr and Tracydeanne for your replies. I do like the browser bookmark idea for dailies.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

dave209april