Contests

[Other] Contest Discussion(s)

Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
1816 posts
2852 upvotes
Has anyone had a FB account disabled and gotten it back? My friend woke up to a disabled account with no notification from FB as to why. They only things he does is a few Fb contests. Yesterday his only posts were to tag his kids and his wife in a contest post. Other than that nothing. He filled out the form and sent in the proper ID. I have never had this happen and was wondering if anyone had any info that I could relay as to how long it takes to get an account reinstated.
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2006
1594 posts
175 upvotes
Markham
Yes, I got hit with a 24 hour suspension due to too much activity (posting) on facebook. I believe it is automated and if you post or tag too much it is believed to be an autobot so it will automatically suspend you.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
1816 posts
2852 upvotes
Chickweet2 wrote:
Apr 4th, 2017 9:21 am
Yes, I got hit with a 24 hour suspension due to too much activity (posting) on facebook. I believe it is automated and if you post or tag too much it is believed to be an autobot so it will automatically suspend you.
If that's the case then FB is dumb. There should be someone there to double check before a persons account is disabled. He tagged according to the contest posts recommendation and it was only the second time he tagged someone that day. Well hopefully his account will be active again soon.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
4532 posts
15000 upvotes
Halifax
gofforever wrote:
Apr 4th, 2017 8:19 am
Has anyone had a FB account disabled and gotten it back? My friend woke up to a disabled account with no notification from FB as to why. They only things he does is a few Fb contests. Yesterday his only posts were to tag his kids and his wife in a contest post. Other than that nothing. He filled out the form and sent in the proper ID. I have never had this happen and was wondering if anyone had any info that I could relay as to how long it takes to get an account reinstated.
The only time I was ever suspended on fb was during that Shoppers contest a few years ago where you had to trade game pieces to get entries.

I didn't have to send ID or anything though, it just stopped me from posting for a period of time.

Perhaps FB thought it was a fake account or he wasn't using his real name? If he sent his ID, I don't see why he wouldn't get the account back.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
1816 posts
2852 upvotes
Tracydeanne wrote:
Apr 4th, 2017 3:32 pm
The only time I was ever suspended on fb was during that Shoppers contest a few years ago where you had to trade game pieces to get entries.

I didn't have to send ID or anything though, it just stopped me from posting for a period of time.

Perhaps FB thought it was a fake account or he wasn't using his real name? If he sent his ID, I don't see why he wouldn't get the account back.
FB sent him back an email that the ID he sent in didn't match his profile. He uses his kids drawing for his FB photo due to privacy so of course it won't match his driver license. He emailed them back so hopefully he can get it all straightened out.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2009
3112 posts
3846 upvotes
Ontario
Ciel wrote:
Mar 14th, 2017 9:02 pm
Good to know if I do ever win a Visa gift card!

Tribute.ca has not posted winners from the Casio G-Shock watches draw (contest ended Feb.6). I've tweeted to them twice a week apart and give up. The winners list has not been updated to reflect the contest nor winners as yet-March 14. Will not enter their contests in the future.
Surprise-Tribute has posted the watch winners. I put the info in Winner notifications.
Surfing 2017.😎 Wins: $50 gc, Starbucks coffee & 40 bonus stars
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
4532 posts
15000 upvotes
Halifax
gofforever wrote:
Apr 4th, 2017 3:46 pm
FB sent him back an email that the ID he sent in didn't match his profile. He uses his kids drawing for his FB photo due to privacy so of course it won't match his driver license. He emailed them back so hopefully he can get it all straightened out.
Ah, that makes sense. It seems like they're really trying to cut down on false identities.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
1816 posts
2852 upvotes
My friend got his FB account restored last night. After he explained about the pic being his kids drawing they unlocked it right away as all his other info matched his ID. Thanks for everyone's help
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
4532 posts
15000 upvotes
Halifax
I just received a Purolator shipping notice from Canadian Tire Tested for Life. So I guess I got selected (woot!), but I was surprised they didn't tell me. Maybe the instructions will be with the package?

The package is 45 pounds, so I'm assuming it was one of the lawn products.
Deal Guru
Dec 17, 2001
10512 posts
3562 upvotes
Brossard, Quebec
Congrats, so far I've only been chosen once for one of those product tests, and that was last year. Nothing since then :(
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
4532 posts
15000 upvotes
Halifax
This is my first time getting selected, I'm kind of excited! I was reading that they have 75,000 testers on the list, so I can see why it takes so long to get picked.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2006
2136 posts
1249 upvotes
Toronto
Tracydeanne wrote:
Apr 6th, 2017 9:38 am
I just received a Purolator shipping notice from Canadian Tire Tested for Life. So I guess I got selected (woot!), but I was surprised they didn't tell me. Maybe the instructions will be with the package?

The package is 45 pounds, so I'm assuming it was one of the lawn products.
How terribly exciting! I can't wait to hear what it is!
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel