Jan 30, 2016
195 posts
288 upvotes
Halifax, NS
dave209april wrote:
Apr 19th, 2017 9:32 am
It's time...........

willowTheMovie.jpg
I was JUST considering this... :) good luck to you!
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
1817 posts
2853 upvotes
Thinking of changing my contest email address that I use. I use yahoo and lately it's been really glitchy and annoying to use. Plus I get a lot and I mean a lot of spam emails.

Question 1: What do you recommend as a good email site to use?

Question 2: How long do you suggest I keep my yahoo mail account around for winning contest emails? (assuming I get any - positive thinking) Some of the car contests posted that I entered end on Dec 31,2017 so would a few months after that be good enough?
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2016
3414 posts
3466 upvotes
GTA, ON
gofforever wrote:
Apr 21st, 2017 8:02 pm
Thinking of changing my contest email address that I use. I use yahoo and lately it's been really glitchy and annoying to use. Plus I get a lot and I mean a lot of spam emails.

Question 1: What do you recommend as a good email site to use?

Question 2: How long do you suggest I keep my yahoo mail account around for winning contest emails? (assuming I get any - positive thinking) Some of the car contests posted that I entered end on Dec 31,2017 so would a few months after that be good enough?
1. I use Gmail. I like them.

2. I'd monitor it until early 2018. Start un-subscribing so that you have less emails to sort out on your old address.
Wins - 2015 : 5 wins = $5,175/ 2016 : 43 wins = $1,854/ 2017 : 5 win = $321
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
1817 posts
2853 upvotes
krag48 wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2017 11:22 pm
1. I use Gmail. I like them.

2. I'd monitor it until early 2018. Start un-subscribing so that you have less emails to sort out on your old address.
thanks
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2016
3414 posts
3466 upvotes
GTA, ON
Slow year for wins so far for me.

Sorry for not posting more contests. I've been working two jobs and don't have much time.

Good Luck everyone.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2009
2901 posts
15754 upvotes
North York
krag48 wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2017 11:26 am
Slow year for wins so far for me.

Sorry for not posting more contests. I've been working two jobs and don't have much time.

Good Luck everyone.
Thank u for posting. There are many people here that NEVER post a contest. Wish there were more.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2001
2585 posts
77 upvotes
Oakville
I'm finding that many sites with daily contests which are using Rafflecopter are "losing" my entries. I use the same browser and when I go to the sites it already recognizes me as being logged in but my entries are now reset to zero. Yet, when I go to sign up for mailing lists, tweets, following on social media, etc. these have already been completed.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to why this keeps happening and if in fact I am losing my entries?
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2016
3414 posts
3466 upvotes
GTA, ON
cannon_fodder wrote:
Apr 24th, 2017 10:06 am
I'm finding that many sites with daily contests which are using Rafflecopter are "losing" my entries. I use the same browser and when I go to the sites it already recognizes me as being logged in but my entries are now reset to zero. Yet, when I go to sign up for mailing lists, tweets, following on social media, etc. these have already been completed.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to why this keeps happening and if in fact I am losing my entries?
I've had the same experience a few times. Not sure what causes it or how to fix it. Perhaps contacting the sponsor? I usually either ignore it or stop doing that contest.
Feb 11, 2015
521 posts
7011 upvotes
Toronto, ON
On that note, my ip has been banned from a contest. Only entered twice myself, and somebody else here entered, and they said too many people/ip been used too many times.

Hate when sponsors of contests are that annoying that they do anything to stop possible contesting for people living under the same roof. Won't do me any good, but if anyone else is interested, hasn't been posted yet:

http://integratire.com/win/

code on Facebook gives extra entry BUT be careful if others in your household enter contests.
Jan 29, 2013
132 posts
795 upvotes
BobSagget wrote:
Mar 7th, 2017 1:38 pm
In case you guys haven't seen it yet, RFD added a built in "hide thread" feature. Now you can hide threads you no longer want/need to see.
So this can be particularly useful in here to hide contests you've already entered and no longer need to see.

Enable it here:
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/ucp.php ... hidetopics

Then go back to the contest page. You will see the icon on the right side of the page to hide threads.
Thanks bob for posting this as I didn't know it existed and find it a great way to delete contests I can't enter due to province restrictions, etc. Or contests where the prizes aren't something I would use. One question though, I now have contests on pages 1 thru 4 then 5 thru 8 are blank and pages 9 thru 12 are duplicates of original pages 1 thru 4. If I delete a contest on one of the pages it deletes it on the other page as well so have ended up with 2 identical sets of contests to enter. Any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong? If anyone has experienced this I'd be glad to hear if you found a way to fix it - again as always THANKS to everyone who contributes in any way to the contest forum!
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
4535 posts
15001 upvotes
Halifax
I've thought about changing my email address too, I've had a number of misdirections of contest communications because they miss that I also use my middle initial in my email address. But it always seemed complicated, especially for dailies, I don't want it to look like I'm trying to enter under multiple emails.
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2016
3414 posts
3466 upvotes
GTA, ON
Tracydeanne wrote:
Apr 25th, 2017 2:04 pm
I've thought about changing my email address too, I've had a number of misdirections of contest communications because they miss that I also use my middle initial in my email address. But it always seemed complicated, especially for dailies, I don't want it to look like I'm trying to enter under multiple emails.
I changed my email address in January of 2016. I simply kept doing my old dailies with my old address and switched to my new address for my new dailies. Most contest end at the end of the month. The beginning of the month is a good time to switch over.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
1817 posts
2853 upvotes
krag48 wrote:
Apr 25th, 2017 9:39 pm
I changed my email address in January of 2016. I simply kept doing my old dailies with my old address and switched to my new address for my new dailies. Most contest end at the end of the month. The beginning of the month is a good time to switch over.
That's exactly what I am planning on doing
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
4535 posts
15001 upvotes
Halifax
Good point, I think I'll give it a go. My weeklies and monthlies will prob take a bit longer to switch, just have to make sure I keep track of old vs new.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel