Contests

[Other] Contest Discussion(s)

Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
1510 posts
2786 upvotes
ImagineCH wrote:
Jun 2nd, 2017 6:10 pm
It's funny.... sometimes I click it and sometimes I don't. No rhyme or reason.
You're a risk taker. Living on the edge. lol
Apr 21, 2009
384 posts
105 upvotes
Tri Cities
So for lawyers in the forum. My co worker just won a $100 ikea gift card and he was showing me the release waiver he has to sign to get the $100 gift card.
why is it so excessively broad or is this normal ?
see below

IN CONSIDERATION of the permission to participate in the IKEA Family contest (the “Contest”) and any other Contest related activities that take place prior to or after the
Contest, I, for myself, my heirs, executors, administrators, successors and assigns HEREBY
RELEASE, WAIVE AND FOREVER DISCHARGE IKEA Canada Limited Partnership “IKEA” and
“89 Degrees Inc.”, and each of its partners and affiliates, and their respective directors,
officers, employees, agents, representatives and all other associations, sanctioning bodies
and sponsoring companies and contributing companies and their respective agents, officials,
servants, contractors, representatives successors and assigns, (hereinafter collectively, the “Releasees”) of and from all claims, damages, costs, expenses, actions and causes of
actions in respect of loss or damage to my property, arising or to arise by reason of my
participation in the Contest, whether as a spectator, participant or otherwise, whether prior
to, during or subsequent to the Contest.
I HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE COMPLIANCE WITH THE CONTEST RULES.
I FURTHER HEREBY UNDERTAKE to hold and save harmless and agree to indemnify all of
the aforesaid Releasees from and against any and all liability incurred by any or all of them
arising as a result of, or in any way connected with my participation in the Contest.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2010
4456 posts
1440 upvotes
moneytech wrote:
Jun 6th, 2017 1:56 pm
So for lawyers in the forum. My co worker just won a $100 ikea gift card and he was showing me the release waiver he has to sign to get the $100 gift card.
see below

IN CONSIDERATION of the permission to participate in the IKEA Family contest (the “Contest”) and any other Contest related activities that take place prior to or after the
Contest, I, for myself, my heirs, executors, administrators, successors and assigns HEREBY
“89 Degrees Inc.”, and each of its partners and affiliates, and their respective directors,
officers, employees, agents, representatives and all other associations, sanctioning bodies
and sponsoring companies and contributing companies and their respective agents, officials,
servants, contractors, representatives successors and assigns, (hereinafter collectively, the “Releasees”) of and from all claims, damages, costs, expenses, actions and causes of
actions in respect of loss or damage to my property, arising or to arise by reason of my
participation in the Contest, whether as a spectator, participant or otherwise, whether prior
I FURTHER HEREBY UNDERTAKE to hold and save harmless and agree to indemnify all of
the aforesaid Releasees from and against any and all liability incurred by any or all of them
arising as a result of, or in any way connected with my participation in the Contest.
They're trying to avoid being sued for whatever stupid reason that a "winner" would think they have cause. And, yes, it's normal.
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2008
4104 posts
1855 upvotes
Edmonton
They probably have a standard disclaimer they use for all prizes and contests, no matter how much (or little) they are. Simpler to do one "all encompassing" waiver.

C
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2016
4337 posts
4495 upvotes
GTA, ON
Has anyone ever won on the mom blogs?
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
3548 posts
14144 upvotes
Halifax
moneytech wrote:
Jun 6th, 2017 1:56 pm
see below

It's a standard contest waiver. I've had to sign these for things with as little value as $10.

Congrats to your friend!
Nov 7, 2005
158 posts
129 upvotes
Mississauga
I was wondering, has anyone ever reached out to a contest to inquire if they were a winner?

I was checking the winners list for this, 2017-05-31-rje-merchandise-1-3-1080p-sp ... s-2101632/ contest. One of the winning entries has a profile picture just like mine along with the same first name and first letter of my last name. It's been a couple of days since this was posted but I've not been contacted so I don't know if it's just a coincidence or if I'm actually the winner and have to get in touch with them. In all the contests I've ever won, I always get an email or call indicating I've won, I've never had to actually reach out to see if I'm the winner listed and it just seems a bit odd.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2009
3044 posts
17823 upvotes
North York
I would call them and ask. Nothing to loose.
Deal Guru
Jan 17, 2009
14439 posts
17929 upvotes
ONTARIO
What the heck is this crap lately when I enter twitter contests?

This is a screenshot from my email inbox. All received within minutes of entering a contest on twitter.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2006
4620 posts
6038 upvotes
Toronto
BobSagget wrote:
Jun 11th, 2017 4:20 am
What the heck is this crap lately when I enter twitter contests?

This is a screenshot from my email inbox. All received within minutes of entering a contest on twitter.
Retweet bots, they're hoping that by retweeting your post they're entering a contest. Quite a lucrative way to win, no effort required.
May 6, 2006
464 posts
4557 upvotes
Toronto
krag48 wrote:
Jun 7th, 2017 9:34 am
Has anyone ever won on the mom blogs?
I don't enter a lot of them; only prizes I really want. I have won from:

Frugal Mom Eh!
Life in Pleasantville
Mayahood blog
Little Miss Kate
Toronto Teacher Mom
4 The Love of Mommy
Home With Aneta

All from their blogs (not twitter parties), and all were super nice.
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2016
4337 posts
4495 upvotes
GTA, ON
valeriey wrote:
Jun 12th, 2017 8:59 am
www.wannawin.ca isn't working for me.
I don't play on this site, but I did click on it to test it and the site loaded. Hope that helps.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2009
3356 posts
4310 upvotes
Ontario
Danone Oikos-that contest that closed in May and had Air Canada gift cards as prizes including one very large value--has anyone seen a winners list?
The contest site just states draw took place on May 25 and the Facebook page makes no mention of the draw/outcome>though other small contests are posted on FB.
https://www.dan-on.com/ca-en/snack-to-w ... est-closed
https://www.facebook.com/OikosCanada/
Surfing 2017.😎 Summer contest slump.
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2016
4337 posts
4495 upvotes
GTA, ON
Ciel wrote:
Jun 12th, 2017 1:57 pm
Danone Oikos-that contest that closed in May and had Air Canada gift cards as prizes including one very large value--has anyone seen a winners list?
The contest site just states draw took place on May 25 and the Facebook page makes no mention of the draw/outcome>though other small contests are posted on FB.
https://www.dan-on.com/ca-en/snack-to-w ... est-closed
https://www.facebook.com/OikosCanada/
I never follow up on contests, if I don't get contacted as a winner I just forget about it to be honest.
I appreciate those of you who do find and post the winners lists.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

laura7x