Contests

[Other] Contest Discussion(s)

Deal Guru
Jan 17, 2009
14633 posts
17708 upvotes
ONTARIO
ImagineCH wrote:
May 16th, 2017 5:58 am
It's been a very slow year so far, but I had a dream last night that I won 3 contests today, so... fingers crossed??
Yeah, it's been the same for me. Very slow year. So far I've won some books. My last big win was last November. Hopefully things pick up for everyone in the same boat!
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2009
3190 posts
3984 upvotes
Ontario
ImagineCH wrote:
May 16th, 2017 5:58 am
It's been a very slow year so far, but I had a dream last night that I won 3 contests today, so... fingers crossed??
That's a good dream to have!
Surfing 2017.😎 Wins: $50 gc, Starbucks coffee & 40 bonus stars
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2009
3190 posts
3984 upvotes
Ontario
I've entered a handful of Hearst Publication contests but aside from the prospect of winning a big prize, the long contest dates are an issue (one rather wants to win sooner over later) beside the possible US prize claim conditions. I noticed that the same contest running in a Dr. Oz The Good Life magazine is also offered on other Hearst magazine sites.
Surfing 2017.😎 Wins: $50 gc, Starbucks coffee & 40 bonus stars
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 7, 2016
3639 posts
3721 upvotes
GTA, ON
I'm also having a slow year. And to top it off, I haven't received one of my wins. The sponsor keeps apologizing. Very frustrating, going on over 2 months since win.
Wins - 2015 : 5 wins = $5,175/ 2016 : 43 wins = $1,854/ 2017 : 5 win = $321
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
1840 posts
2914 upvotes
Asking for help. Got a private message today. Really weird. It said: Hi, You have been choosen to get VIP shopping deals at forums.redflagdeals.com. For get your VIP shopping deals please visit THIS PAGE

Didn't click on the link, but I did click on the person who sent it to me and it says they are banned. How were they able to send me a private message if they are banned and how do I block them from sending me stuff again?
Deal Guru
Jan 17, 2009
14633 posts
17708 upvotes
ONTARIO
gofforever wrote:
May 19th, 2017 9:37 am
Asking for help. Got a private message today. Really weird. It said: Hi, You have been choosen to get VIP shopping deals at forums.redflagdeals.com. For get your VIP shopping deals please visit THIS PAGE

Didn't click on the link, but I did click on the person who sent it to me and it says they are banned. How were they able to send me a private message if they are banned and how do I block them from sending me stuff again?
They sent you the PM before they were banned. I can almost guarantee you that the reason they were banned was due to the PM you received. They likely sent the same message to a number of RFD members, some of which must have reported it to the admins, who took appropriate action.

There's no need to block the account because it's now banned and you'll never receive a PM from that specific account ever again.

If you get messages like this in the future (from other members), just report them and RFD will ban them like this did this person.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
1840 posts
2914 upvotes
BobSagget wrote:
May 19th, 2017 9:42 am
They sent you the PM before they were banned. I can almost guarantee you that the reason they were banned was due to the PM you received. They likely sent the same message to a number of RFD members, some of which must have reported it to the admins, who took appropriate action.

There's no need to block the account because it's now banned and you'll never receive a PM from that specific account ever again.

If you get messages like this in the future (from other members), just report them and RFD will ban them like this did this person.
Thanks!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 1, 2009
2959 posts
16145 upvotes
North York
gofforever wrote:
May 19th, 2017 9:37 am
Asking for help. Got a private message today. Really weird. It said: Hi, You have been choosen to get VIP shopping deals at forums.redflagdeals.com. For get your VIP shopping deals please visit THIS PAGE

Didn't click on the link, but I did click on the person who sent it to me and it says they are banned. How were they able to send me a private message if they are banned and how do I block them from sending me stuff again?

Sent me the same message
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2009
3190 posts
3984 upvotes
Ontario
Did a shop today for beverage specials and a personal care item and subtotal was over $10; I asked for the PIN card for the new Summer On contest. I don't plan on buying more stuff during the rest of the contest period, though if I find a PIN card on the ground, it will be entered.

Have the winners from the past two contests for Optimum points been posted anywhere? The Spring Forward site is no longer active. I've searched Shoppers FB in vain.
Maybe someone has seen winners lists or names somewhere?
Surfing 2017.😎 Wins: $50 gc, Starbucks coffee & 40 bonus stars
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2015
2825 posts
24813 upvotes
thanks so much for poiting that out TD
Sr. Member
May 6, 2006
513 posts
4398 upvotes
Toronto
I'm fairly certain these author newsletters are breaking Canada's anti-spam laws. I'm careful about agreeing to receive these, especially when entering Rafflecopter types. I'm not even sure what I entered that I'm getting them from. One of them stated I agreed to receive them when I entered a contest... Somewhere in the fine print did I agree to 100+ different authors? Been unsubscribing all weekend but new ones keep coming. So annoying!
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
4600 posts
15085 upvotes
Halifax
FYI

‪@GayLeaFoodsCoop ‬ The barn doors open Monday for a new Nordi-cows game. Join us for fun and prizes on FB.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jan 11, 2013
12480 posts
3186 upvotes
Toronto
Many thanks to those who share contests herein!
Wishing everyone a lucky 2017!
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel

Top