Contests

[Other] Contest Discussion(s)

Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2006
2146 posts
1263 upvotes
Toronto
My annoying "fail", is that after I've done one "page" of items and am moved on to the next, I'm now often getting a window that pops up and tells me that, "cannot contact reCapcha. Please check your connection and try again". It's infuriating, because you can then choose "ok" in that box and you start all over again. This sometimes happens three times in a row, so I go through about 6 screenfuls of pictures, before I can submit my entry.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
1870 posts
2970 upvotes
lately I have been asked to click on the car image and all I have are signs. Funny thing is that many of the times I just click on the signs and it goes thru. Would love to know how that messes them up.
Deal Guru
Dec 26, 2010
14037 posts
3158 upvotes
Has anyone won on the Sugar Crisp instant win? I play every day but haven't won so much as a coupon.
Deal Guru
Dec 26, 2010
14037 posts
3158 upvotes
valeriey wrote:
Jun 27th, 2017 8:58 am
Is anyone else suffering from Captcha rage?
Or do I just need a break from contesting?
Several days last week, there was no Captcha on just about every contest I entered, so this could be abused on ones with unlimited entries. The ones that continually replace a picture aren't too bad and the ones that want you to select something that isn't there will say to skip it if it isn't. At that point, they confirm you can enter the contest in my experience...
Dec 19, 2010
624 posts
4834 upvotes
Vancouver
DougO wrote:
Jun 27th, 2017 8:15 pm
Has anyone won on the Sugar Crisp instant win? I play every day but haven't won so much as a coupon.
I gave up on Sugar crisp, way too much time and doesn't feel worth the effort anymore. Played a ton and didn't win anything.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2006
2146 posts
1263 upvotes
Toronto
DougO wrote:
Jun 27th, 2017 8:15 pm
I won the coupon near the beginning of the contest, but nothing since. My son would love to win a gaming system though, so I keep trying.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2006
4656 posts
6075 upvotes
Toronto
johnnyblayze wrote:
Jun 27th, 2017 12:08 pm
I suspect it is for verification - to your point, they must already have the 'answer' and so your input is matching it up to their answer. Where the captcha fails is perhaps where either a) the user is erroneously or purposely putting in the incorrect answer or b) the user is putting in the correct answer but it doesn't match up to what Big Brother has on their end and so they look at those cases closer to make any corrections on their end if necessary.
Some are to match, but only 50%. The other half is new machine learning. Try entering only one correct word on the word ones, if you guess the right one it goes through. I do this on purpose every time, not a fan of Google and their labour practices.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2009
3338 posts
4199 upvotes
Ontario
Captcha is also used on some fora as well to verify user post prior to it being posted. I keep encounter the road/sign ones and even clicking on them just mean more pop up. Please put up a whack-a-mole game instead-that would be more honest.
Surfing 2017.😎 Wins: $50 gc, Starbucks coffee & 40 bonus stars (stars vapourized as I did not hit gold level before my May annual date).
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2011
8938 posts
13524 upvotes
For the past month is seems almost all of my captchas are "CALLE"
Dec 19, 2010
624 posts
4834 upvotes
Vancouver
ishfish wrote:
Jun 29th, 2017 3:38 pm
For the past month is seems almost all of my captchas are "CALLE"
Agreed, definitely the most common captcha word.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2006
2146 posts
1263 upvotes
Toronto
About a week or two ago, I started having something annoying happening on my Facebook account. Some company pages are now opening a dialogue box when I arrive that says, "so and so" is active now. Start a conversation." Is there any way to change my settings so that I don't receive these any more? I don't want to block the dialogue boxes themselves, because I don't want to shoot myself in the foot if that somehow blocks all communications from them (including winner notifications!).

Did anyone else start getting these recently too?
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2015
2885 posts
25074 upvotes
pickmepickme wrote:
Jun 30th, 2017 11:10 am
About a week or two ago, I started having something annoying happening on my Facebook account. Some company pages are now opening a dialogue box when I arrive that says, "so and so" is active now. Start a conversation." Is there any way to change my settings so that I don't receive these any more? I don't want to block the dialogue boxes themselves, because I don't want to shoot myself in the foot if that somehow blocks all communications from them (including winner notifications!).

Did anyone else start getting these recently too?
Yes I have been getting these annoying boxes too. I just haven't had any time to check into how to stop it.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2009
3057 posts
16763 upvotes
North York
BK2006 wrote:
Jun 30th, 2017 12:00 pm
Yes I have been getting these annoying boxes too. I just haven't had any time to check into how to stop it.
Me too
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
1085 posts
2457 upvotes
Ontario
BK2006 wrote:
Jun 30th, 2017 12:00 pm
yes and I don't have chat turned on but I still see it
Deal Guru
Dec 17, 2001
10619 posts
3786 upvotes
Brossard, Quebec
Facebook messing with us again I guess.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

Catspaw33