Contests

[Other] Contest Discussion(s)

Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
1507 posts
2774 upvotes
pickmepickme wrote:
Jul 29th, 2017 3:32 pm
I've sent an email request every day since the contest was posted, but haven't received a PIN back yet. I don't have a junk file with my email (Sympatico), so I'll have to think of another way to try to get them. Hmmmmm.

Thanks for the responses.
Sympatico does have a junk email. I had a sympatico account quite a few years back and was missing emails from people. My husband showed me a different way to log into my mail and see if I had any missing emails. I did. Not sure why the emails went there and didn't show up in my regular check. Found out I am having a similar issue with my outlook mail and I will regularly check through the web site for missing emails. I'm not sure what the web page is that you go to to check as it's been quite a few years since I had a sympatico account but it might be this: https://webmail.bell.net/loginr/wmwrap.jsp

Hope it helps.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2006
1700 posts
1091 upvotes
Toronto
gofforever wrote:
Jul 31st, 2017 1:53 pm
Sympatico does have a junk email. I had a sympatico account quite a few years back and was missing emails from people. My husband showed me a different way to log into my mail and see if I had any missing emails. I did. Not sure why the emails went there and didn't show up in my regular check. Found out I am having a similar issue with my outlook mail and I will regularly check through the web site for missing emails. I'm not sure what the web page is that you go to to check as it's been quite a few years since I had a sympatico account but it might be this: https://webmail.bell.net/loginr/wmwrap.jsp

Hope it helps.
Sympatico did have a junk mail file, that I wasn't aware of until someone on this board pointed it out a few years ago (maybe you?), but they dropped it when they moved from the hotmail portal last year. I was so grateful to have learned about the junk file, because I did find several wins there, but now there is no option to monitor your own junk at all. I even called them up about this last year when we were forced to move to their new and improved (as if!) portal. Thanks for the suggestion though!
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
1507 posts
2774 upvotes
pickmepickme wrote:
Jul 31st, 2017 2:26 pm
Sympatico did have a junk mail file, that I wasn't aware of until someone on this board pointed it out a few years ago (maybe you?), but they dropped it when they moved from the hotmail portal last year. I was so grateful to have learned about the junk file, because I did find several wins there, but now there is no option to monitor your own junk at all. I even called them up about this last year when we were forced to move to their new and improved (as if!) portal. Thanks for the suggestion though!
That's too bad. I know with outlook you have to pay for the full version to get all the features and that still doesn't guarantee that I won't miss any emails and I am too cheap to pay for it. Luckily I don't use it for contests. I am in the midst of changing my contest email from yahoo to a gmail account. Perhaps you should think about getting a new account for contests.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2006
1700 posts
1091 upvotes
Toronto
gofforever wrote:
Jul 31st, 2017 2:42 pm
That's too bad. I know with outlook you have to pay for the full version to get all the features and that still doesn't guarantee that I won't miss any emails and I am too cheap to pay for it. Luckily I don't use it for contests. I am in the midst of changing my contest email from yahoo to a gmail account. Perhaps you should think about getting a new account for contests.
Funnily enough, I have that on my to-do list. I have been hating all of the spam I get on my personal account, so will be getting a hotmail account soon.
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2016
4333 posts
4494 upvotes
GTA, ON
Anybody receive their Valvoline prize yet?
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
3775 posts
730 upvotes
Sask.
krag48 wrote:
Aug 1st, 2017 10:19 pm
Anybody receive their Valvoline prize yet?
Rules say 8-10 weeks after end of contest.
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2016
4333 posts
4494 upvotes
GTA, ON
natalka wrote:
Aug 1st, 2017 10:33 pm
Rules say 8-10 weeks after end of contest.
Yeah, they said that last year too but I got my prize quickly then. I was wondering if they had started shipping.
Feb 11, 2015
642 posts
9286 upvotes
Toronto, ON
was just going to ask this. only outstanding prizes I'm waiting for. Hope we get our valvoline swag and cards soon.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
3544 posts
14100 upvotes
Halifax
pickmepickme wrote:
Jul 31st, 2017 1:34 pm
Yes, but they don't seem to like me, lol!
So weird. Maybe send them a message via social media asking for help? I don't understand why it's not getting through.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2006
1700 posts
1091 upvotes
Toronto
Tracydeanne wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2017 8:33 am
So weird. Maybe send them a message via social media asking for help? I don't understand why it's not getting through.
For some strange reason, my new hotmail account did the trick! Thanks for following up with another suggestion though.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2010
21298 posts
2225 upvotes
North Vancouver
Yes, PageHabit... I replied Yes out of curiosity.

Here's the reply email for anyone interested in saying Yes:

Thanks for your quick response! We're so sorry for this and are happy to make up it up to you!

Use the code below to receive our largest discount ever -- 20% OFF your first box! AND you will also receive a BONUS BOOK and an EXTRA BOOKISH GOOD in your first box.

So sign up now to receive an annotated new release, a bonus book, a short story, AND extra bookish goods. That's a value of over $50! :)
Aug 24, 2011
6 posts
4 upvotes
Surrey
Question about Priceline Free Your Friday contest the rules say The Photo cannot have any person other than the entrant in it; however, it does not have to contain the entrant (i.e. it can just depict scenery). ? but the pictures they are picking for winning have other people in them?
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2010
21298 posts
2225 upvotes
North Vancouver
HGTV 150 doors contest.... contest closes today at 5pm pt... if you haven't played it yet today, it looks like the only instant prizes left are the $20 Indigo and the $25 Drake.