Contests

[Other] Contest Discussion(s)

Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
3757 posts
726 upvotes
Sask.
erika, I thought the same as you - but there was a big contest for it that ended in April, a Campbell's soup one - there were tons of cash prizes, gift packs, and a guest appearance on the show.
Deal Guru
Dec 26, 2010
14051 posts
3165 upvotes
natalka wrote:
Jul 12th, 2017 9:36 pm
erika, I thought the same as you - but there was a big contest for it that ended in April, a Campbell's soup one - there were tons of cash prizes, gift packs, and a guest appearance on the show.
Went looking for a winners list on the Campbell's Twitter page but could not find one. Lots about tooting their own horn and their upper echelon management though, with the odd human interest story...
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
3757 posts
726 upvotes
Sask.
List may already have been removed -

Posting of winners' name. Within thirty (30) days of the Draw Date, the Sponsor shall post on the website at https://chunkyamazingcontest.com/winners. The Winners' names (first name and first initial of surname). This information shall stay on this website for a period of at least thirty (30) days.
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
18720 posts
114144 upvotes
GTA
Crazy story with that CFL penalty call that cost this woman the $1,000,000 prize in the Safeway/Sobeys "Touchdown to Win":

At least she didn't leave empty-handed (home theatre package, 500,000 Air Miles, groceries for a year, Grey Cup trip, season's tickets) but still...
Deal Guru
Dec 26, 2010
14051 posts
3165 upvotes
Just found out Shoppers has the Grammy Awards contest on again. Time to use your Mastercard for purchases. If it's like last year, you will be able to win more than once for the $100 pre-loaded Mastercards. Good luck all...

NPN PIN code aquisition:

"2. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY METHOD OF RECEIVING A PIN CODE: To obtain a PIN Code without making an Eligible Transaction, while supplies last, visit redcarpetcontest.shoppersdrugmart.ca/npn between July 15, 2017 09:00:00 ET and August 4, 2017 23:59:59 ET (the “NPN PIN Request Period”) to complete an online No Purchase Necessary PIN Code request (each a “NPN PIN Request”) which will require you to: (i) provide your first name, last name, email address, telephone number, complete mailing address (including postal code), and age; and (ii) submit a 50 word or more unique and original essay in English or French stating “Why you would love to go to the GRAMMYs®” (the “Topic”). Once your NPN PIN Request is submitted, you will receive an email notification (“Email Notification”) that includes one (1) PIN Code, subject to your compliance with these Rules (as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion). To be eligible, your NPN PIN Request must be submitted and received during the NPN PIN Request Period. The Releasees (defined below) take no responsibility for any technical issues with NPN PIN Requests. Please note that each NPN PIN Request must have a different 50 word essay on the Topic. Limit of one (1) PIN Code per NPN PIN Request. Because there is a limit of twenty one (21) PIN Codes that can be entered per person during the Contest Period, there is a total limit of twenty one (21) NPN PIN Requests per person during the NPN PIN Request Period. The Releasees take no responsibility for any lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, misdirected, late or destroyed NPN PIN Requests. PIN Codes must be used in accordance with these Rules prior to the end of the Contest Period."

Not making it easy are they?
Sep 28, 2013
339 posts
268 upvotes
DougO wrote:
Jul 15th, 2017 10:13 pm
Just found out Shoppers has the Grammy Awards contest on again. Time to use your Mastercard for purchases. If it's like last year, you will be able to win more than once for the $100 pre-loaded Mastercards. Good luck all...

NPN PIN code aquisition:

"2. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY METHOD OF RECEIVING A PIN CODE: To obtain a PIN Code without making an Eligible Transaction, while supplies last, visit redcarpetcontest.shoppersdrugmart.ca/npn between July 15, 2017 09:00:00 ET and August 4, 2017 23:59:59 ET (the “NPN PIN Request Period”) to complete an online No Purchase Necessary PIN Code request (each a “NPN PIN Request”) which will require you to: (i) provide your first name, last name, email address, telephone number, complete mailing address (including postal code), and age; and (ii) submit a 50 word or more unique and original essay in English or French stating “Why you would love to go to the GRAMMYs®” (the “Topic”). Once your NPN PIN Request is submitted, you will receive an email notification (“Email Notification”) that includes one (1) PIN Code, subject to your compliance with these Rules (as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion). To be eligible, your NPN PIN Request must be submitted and received during the NPN PIN Request Period. The Releasees (defined below) take no responsibility for any technical issues with NPN PIN Requests. Please note that each NPN PIN Request must have a different 50 word essay on the Topic. Limit of one (1) PIN Code per NPN PIN Request. Because there is a limit of twenty one (21) PIN Codes that can be entered per person during the Contest Period, there is a total limit of twenty one (21) NPN PIN Requests per person during the NPN PIN Request Period. The Releasees take no responsibility for any lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, misdirected, late or destroyed NPN PIN Requests. PIN Codes must be used in accordance with these Rules prior to the end of the Contest Period."

Not making it easy are they?
Just write a 50 word essay once. I've been using the same one for 3 years now and have never been rejected :)
Deal Guru
Dec 26, 2010
14051 posts
3165 upvotes
lemmiwinks123 wrote:
Jul 16th, 2017 9:52 am
Just write a 50 word essay once. I've been using the same one for 3 years now and have never been rejected :)
Hope no one from the contest agency is reading these forums...
Deal Guru
Jan 11, 2013
12761 posts
3364 upvotes
Toronto
50-word essays usually stipulate that they have to be unique. Wouldn't recommend intentionally subverting contest rules, both because of the risk of disqualification and 'cause it's wrong.
Wishing everyone a lucky 2017!
Feb 3, 2015
385 posts
4056 upvotes
Ontario
I usually just change one or two words when it's an online NPE. It takes five seconds and then the essay is technically unique.
Deal Guru
Jan 11, 2013
12761 posts
3364 upvotes
Toronto
Many thanks to those who take the time to share contests on these forums.

If you're lucky enough to win a cool prize because one of these folks shared a contest, be sure to tell them you appreciate it!
Dec 26, 2010
169 posts
2061 upvotes
sherlockmandango wrote:
Jul 18th, 2017 11:07 am
If you're lucky enough to win a cool prize because one of these folks shared a contest, be sure to tell them you appreciate it!
I'd love to do that!...............if only I could win something. LOL
Deal Guru
Jan 11, 2013
12761 posts
3364 upvotes
Toronto
Wenda1 wrote:
Jul 20th, 2017 10:35 am
I'd love to do that!...............if only I could win something. LOL
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Having a women's "W"-name is good mojo around here!
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2009
3063 posts
16781 upvotes
North York
Capchas are running crazy today -none of them work (you answer one and then you get a slew of more capchas to complete) and heard already from several people that are entering contests...what's going on?

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)