[Other] Contest Discussion(s)

Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2006
1707 posts
1100 upvotes
Toronto
DougO wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2017 1:43 pm
Haven't been doing contests for a bit. Was sick for 10 days but getting along better now. 10 days in hospital wasn't fun but just trying to take it easy for a bit. Will probably start entering again soon but to now, no wins to report. Hope we see more winners from here in the Mac's contest. Isn't Tuesday draw day?
I'm sure that it's really great to be back home again, and I hope that you're fully back up to snuff soon.
Jan 30, 2016
205 posts
329 upvotes
Halifax, NS
DougO wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2017 1:43 pm
Haven't been doing contests for a bit. Was sick for 10 days but getting along better now. 10 days in hospital wasn't fun but just trying to take it easy for a bit. Will probably start entering again soon but to now, no wins to report. Hope we see more winners from here in the Mac's contest. Isn't Tuesday draw day?
Hope you're feeling better soon! And that you see some wins :)
Deal Guru
Dec 17, 2001
10677 posts
3879 upvotes
Brossard, Quebec
Was chosen by Canadian Tire Tested by Canadians panel to test a set of wrenches and a shop heater. This is my second time being chosen.
Feb 11, 2015
653 posts
9576 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I was chosen from the panel, and got a small item the first time around. Got a hammock the 2nd time around, and there were no review/reminder to fill anything out. Now I got chosen, and received 3 emails from them. A lot more info about a video, but in case it's not optional, have my iPhone.

Will try to search and post more contests, but been flooded with entering contests the past week and also doing something else. Getting busier. Hoping everyone had a great summer. Here's to more contesting!
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
1534 posts
2831 upvotes
Just wondering about the Readers Digest Monthly Payout contest. Been debating about not bothering with this one any more. Seems to be a waste of time. Is anyone here still entering it?
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2009
3134 posts
18528 upvotes
North York
gofforever wrote:
Aug 24th, 2017 9:21 am
Just wondering about the Readers Digest Monthly Payout contest. Been debating about not bothering with this one any more. Seems to be a waste of time. Is anyone here still entering it?
I register a whole ago but I am not getting the daily emails for some reason, I do think it is a waste of time.
Dec 26, 2010
208 posts
2461 upvotes
Burnaby
gofforever wrote:
Aug 24th, 2017 9:21 am
I've been entering for what seems like forever. It's probably a waste of time but here I am still doing it. LOL At least it doesn't take a lot of my time.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
1534 posts
2831 upvotes
Wenda1 wrote:
Aug 24th, 2017 11:14 am
I've been entering for what seems like forever. It's probably a waste of time but here I am still doing it. LOL At least it doesn't take a lot of my time.
I know what you mean. I have been entering for years. Now they have added an extra click to the procedure (advertising of course) that annoys me. Don't think I will last much longer.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2009
3134 posts
18528 upvotes
North York
Question regarding entries done by autocomplete or maybe even Dashlane (I use it) and Roboform (never used it): I noticed that when I use my Dashlane, the fields become yellow in the background but when I enter totally manually they are just plain white. Does anyone else show the same? I am worried that the managers of the contests are seeing what we see and therefore disqualify us for those entries (yellow is easy to spot as a "mechanical" entry.
Feb 3, 2015
331 posts
4170 upvotes
Ontario
Rosibal wrote:
Aug 24th, 2017 2:35 pm
Question regarding entries done by autocomplete or maybe even Dashlane (I use it) and Roboform (never used it): I noticed that when I use my Dashlane, the fields become yellow in the background but when I enter totally manually they are just plain white. Does anyone else show the same? I am worried that the managers of the contests are seeing what we see and therefore disqualify us for those entries (yellow is easy to spot as a "mechanical" entry.
Your entry is placed into a database. The only person who can see that yellow is you, and even if they could tell, I can't imagine any contest wanting to DQ someone for using autocomplete. If they didn't want you using autocomplete, they could easily make the form not allow it. :)
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2009
3134 posts
18528 upvotes
North York
777Kevin wrote:
Aug 24th, 2017 2:41 pm
Your entry is placed into a database. The only person who can see that yellow is you, and even if they could tell, I can't imagine any contest wanting to DQ someone for using autocomplete. If they didn't want you using autocomplete, they could easily make the form not allow it. :)
I don't know if they consider autocomplete to be a robotic or automatic entry or non human...they often show this clause in their rules
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2010
21336 posts
2274 upvotes
North Vancouver
dielan wrote:
Aug 25th, 2017 1:22 pm
Has anyone on the forum won any from this one yet?

2017-09-21-worldtempus-big-summer-compe ... t-2107287/

Its a daily draw, so I assume thered be a good chance someone here would win something. I really want one of the polos.
They draw everything after the contest ends on Sept. 21
Up to then people can still enter for all of the daily prizes.
Aug 29, 2016
125 posts
60 upvotes
Toronto
gbamber wrote:
Aug 25th, 2017 3:34 pm
They draw everything after the contest ends on Sept. 21
Up to then people can still enter for all of the daily prizes.
Ohh ok, I guess I should have read the rules better lol thanks