Contests

[Other] Contest Discussion(s)

Feb 11, 2015
682 posts
10072 upvotes
Toronto, ON
We got 2 parcels in the mail yesterday from Valvoline. A T-shirt and a $15 Subway gift card.

We're still waiting on lunch box x2 and a bobblehead. Should start coming in soon if you haven't received yours already.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2009
3258 posts
19338 upvotes
North York
stinastr wrote:
Aug 26th, 2017 3:48 pm
We got 2 parcels in the mail yesterday from Valvoline. A T-shirt and a $15 Subway gift card.

We're still waiting on lunch box x2 and a bobblehead. Should start coming in soon if you haven't received yours already.
We got our subway $15 GC x 2-waiting for the lunch box
Jan 30, 2016
236 posts
429 upvotes
Halifax, NS
I have a few pins for the dempsterquiz.ca contest. I don't think it's been posted, unless I've hidden it because I'm not qualified to enter. Because I'm not qualified, I'd like to give these pins to one of you. The contest appears to be open in BC, AB, SK, MB, ON. Send me a PM with your very best corny joke and they're yours ;)

EDIT: you guys did not disappoint! Loved the jokes. Pins are now spoken for.

@BK2006 - it won't let me send you a PM - says you've disabled it.
Mar 7, 2009
187 posts
938 upvotes
Bowmanville
This morning as I was going through my daily contest entries, I got fed up with all the contests whose rules said "once per day" but their entry forms refused to accept my entry. I normally do my contests entries in the morning, but yesterday was not able to do them until evening. So once again, this morning, a bunch of contests kept telling me I entered already and to come back tomorrow. Even the Babybel contest whose rules specifically state a day is 12:00 am to 11:59 pm EST!

That really irks me. I decided to e-mail each contest sponsor this morning as I came across them. I nicely pointed out their rules say once per day and that their contest form must not be working correctly as even though I entered last night, today is a brand new day. Would they please fix their form. I ended up e-mailing almost a dozen sponsors!

We shall see what happens!

(Win a trip to Italy - Filippo Berio Olive Oil - wrote back that it's once per 24 hours, regardless that their own rules say once per day)
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
1576 posts
2854 upvotes
Kesali wrote:
Aug 28th, 2017 8:20 am
This morning as I was going through my daily contest entries, I got fed up with all the contests whose rules said "once per day" but their entry forms refused to accept my entry. I normally do my contests entries in the morning, but yesterday was not able to do them until evening. So once again, this morning, a bunch of contests kept telling me I entered already and to come back tomorrow. Even the Babybel contest whose rules specifically state a day is 12:00 am to 11:59 pm EST!

That really irks me. I decided to e-mail each contest sponsor this morning as I came across them. I nicely pointed out their rules say once per day and that their contest form must not be working correctly as even though I entered last night, today is a brand new day. Would they please fix their form. I ended up e-mailing almost a dozen sponsors!

I hope they respond. I totally agree with you. There are so many like that. Really frustrates me when the contest is an instant win one and they make you wait an exact 24 hours before you can enter again. The point of an instant win to try and guess when the winning time is but if they limit when you can enter then it's totally pointless. Please post the responses you get and who the contest sponsor is or what contest it is.
Oct 20, 2016
57 posts
21 upvotes
pickmepickme wrote:
Aug 18th, 2017 12:11 pm
My Echo Dot just arrived (by Canada Post) and it is much smaller than I had imagined (only the size of a hockey puck!). I hope that others receive their prizes soon too.
Was away for a while so didn't post, but everyone I know got there Eh or Nay prizes via mail or Amazon GC's via email.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2009
3258 posts
19338 upvotes
North York
Kesali wrote:
Aug 28th, 2017 8:20 am

(Win a trip to Italy - Filippo Berio Olive Oil - wrote back that it's once per 24 hours, regardless that their own rules say once per day)
Have you contacted Mondelez on their contest? : http://www.catchsomejoy.ca/ same thing!
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2006
1715 posts
1106 upvotes
Toronto
Has anyone else been shortchanged on their Western Union PIN codes? For two Mondays in a row, I've only received one PIN for my Saturday and Sunday requests, even though I sent a separate request on each day.
Dec 6, 2012
426 posts
219 upvotes
North
Anything ever come of that family that was mass entering contests out of Quebec? That's pretty much what stopped me from continuing to enter them :-/
2013 - 7 Wins - $6850 - Trip to NC/Drove NASCAR
2014 - 4 Wins - $525
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2015
2949 posts
25412 upvotes
pickmepickme wrote:
Aug 28th, 2017 12:46 pm
Has anyone else been shortchanged on their Western Union PIN codes? For two Mondays in a row, I've only received one PIN for my Saturday and Sunday requests, even though I sent a separate request on each day.
I have received all requested codes.

I have found sometimes weekend codes are bunched together in the same email, although I think that is mostly a gmail function.
Deal Guru
Jan 17, 2009
14801 posts
18655 upvotes
ONTARIO
pickmepickme wrote:
Aug 28th, 2017 12:46 pm
The PIN codes are not as unique as you'd think. Basically any 5 character code is a potential PIN.
I was requesting PIN codes for the longest time, but then realized I could just generate a new PIN by slightly adjusting one that I already received.

Take a PIN that you already received and change the last letter/number to any other letter/number and it will also be a legitimate PIN and be accepted.
Aug 29, 2016
132 posts
62 upvotes
Toronto
Compgod wrote:
Aug 28th, 2017 2:09 pm
Anything ever come of that family that was mass entering contests out of Quebec? That's pretty much what stopped me from continuing to enter them :-/
What was this about? More details?