Contests

[Other] Contest Discussion(s)

Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2010
21617 posts
2401 upvotes
North Vancouver
Yes, PageHabit... I replied Yes out of curiosity.

Here's the reply email for anyone interested in saying Yes:

Thanks for your quick response! We're so sorry for this and are happy to make up it up to you!

Use the code below to receive our largest discount ever -- 20% OFF your first box! AND you will also receive a BONUS BOOK and an EXTRA BOOKISH GOOD in your first box.

So sign up now to receive an annotated new release, a bonus book, a short story, AND extra bookish goods. That's a value of over $50! :)
Aug 24, 2011
7 posts
5 upvotes
Surrey
Question about Priceline Free Your Friday contest the rules say The Photo cannot have any person other than the entrant in it; however, it does not have to contain the entrant (i.e. it can just depict scenery). ? but the pictures they are picking for winning have other people in them?
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2010
21617 posts
2401 upvotes
North Vancouver
HGTV 150 doors contest.... contest closes today at 5pm pt... if you haven't played it yet today, it looks like the only instant prizes left are the $20 Indigo and the $25 Drake.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2009
3144 posts
17259 upvotes
North York
Request regarding The Taste of the Danforth contest thru CP24 channel: You must claim your prize three weeks prior to booking. go to: http://tasteofthedanforth.com/ and click on the Trip to Mexico .

WIN A TRIP TO MEXICO!

Win a trip to Mexico(Cancun Or Puerto Vallarta), courtesy of Martour International and Aeromexico enjoy a 4-night complimentary stay at a 4 Star Resort valued at approximately $3,000+!

Included in the trip

2 Return Tickets from Toronto to Cancun or Puerto Vallarta.
Blackout restrictions apply as follows JUL 01 to SEP 15 2017/DEC 01 to JAN 15 2018/MARCH BREAK 2018 HOLLY WEEK 2018. JUL 01 to SEP 15 2018.
3 Nights Hotel accommodation with Transfers.

Not Included in the trip

Airport fees and Taxes
Airport fees and Taxes in the case of Mexico are approx 175CAD – to be paid the passenger

"Please see CP24 for a full set of contest rules and regulations" - I could not find anything on their broadcast on TV and I kept asking the Danforth festival organizers as of where can we find the details - they said that we should watch the channel so we can get instructions-well, I cannot find anything on it! anyone knows what is required to enter? thank you
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2009
3144 posts
17259 upvotes
North York
BK2006 wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 5:46 pm
CP24 is part of Bell Media and so is NewsTalk 1010, so maybe this contest

http://www.iheartradio.ca/newstalk-1010 ... -1.2876874
Thank you BK2006 -but not same contest - the one I am talking about is to Mexico (when you click on the link, go to contests and then you will see it -first on the right side). I hate when they just throw it there without any written details and when you ask them they give you a vague answer! :(
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2009
3144 posts
17259 upvotes
North York
I know I saw this posted before but I cannot find it: if a US contest requires you to notarize the release and waiver form - is there another way of doing this without paying for this? in other words, other than notarization, is there any other way? thank you!
Feb 11, 2015
637 posts
8742 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Rosibal wrote:
Aug 13th, 2017 11:11 am
I know I saw this posted before but I cannot find it: if a US contest requires you to notarize the release and waiver form - is there another way of doing this without paying for this? in other words, other than notarization, is there any other way? thank you!
Notarization requires money. But I remember reading this, and what did stick out, is that if you mention it's a costly procedure in Canada, and you have to go see a lawyer. Rather than do it in a bank, almost anywhere, like they do in the states, they may waive it. However, you have to mention this via email to them and see if they will change it, since you're in Canada. Unsure if there is another way.

Good luck and congratulations.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
1893 posts
3018 upvotes
Rosibal wrote:
This happened to me once. The company wouldn't waive it. But I did find a notary who only charged me $25. Some were a lot more.
Nov 9, 2013
253 posts
1271 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Rosibal wrote:
There is a way. Your MLA should be able to notarize your documents for you for free. Service Alberta messed up on my son's birth certificate and I had to have an affidavit notarized and went to my MLA's office and he signed off on it. I would call ahead just in case your MLA has not completed the training/exam.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2006
4659 posts
6080 upvotes
Toronto
prettyblissful wrote:
Aug 14th, 2017 3:18 am
There is a way. Your MLA should be able to notarize your documents for you for free. Service Alberta messed up on my son's birth certificate and I had to have an affidavit notarized and went to my MLA's office and he signed off on it. I would call ahead just in case your MLA has not completed the training/exam.
What is an MLA?
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2006
2165 posts
1302 upvotes
Toronto
spamgirl wrote:
Aug 14th, 2017 8:14 am
What is an MLA?
Some provinces have MLA's (member of the legislative assembly) and some have MPP's. In Ontario, think of your local provincial rep (since you're in Toronto, it will probably be one of Kathleen Wynne's Liberals).
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2009
3144 posts
17259 upvotes
North York
Thank you for all your suggestions! Will let you know once they get back to my son...it is for my son-he won a trip and he is in cloud 9 and me to for him but also because he is taking me along! yey! will post later what contest it was from!
Mar 7, 2009
180 posts
804 upvotes
Bowmanville
What about going to your local town hall? I've used the Commissioner of Oaths at mine. They might offer a Notary Public service as well.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2009
3144 posts
17259 upvotes
North York
I called my area's MPP and he does not charge anything - will call me back to set a time

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)