[Other] Contest Discussion(s)

Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2016
4740 posts
4718 upvotes
GTA, ON
Tracydeanne wrote:
Sep 11th, 2017 4:26 pm
So I've been so lazy on contesting this summer...trying hard to get back into it full time this fall. I think it's the least I've contested in about 5 years!
It's good to take a break sometimes. Contesting can take up time and be frustrating too. A breather is good.
Feb 14, 2012
191 posts
362 upvotes
i just posted another last minute twitter party today at 8pm EST, check it out under Twitter Parties! @aeroplan
Sep 11, 2017
28 posts
127 upvotes
Sorry guys, I'm new here and I tried posting a general comment after someone's contest post, something like "newest of the newbie here, thanks" or something like that and my comment was disapproved? I'm wondering why this was.
I tried searching "comment disapproved" in the forum but nothing came up. I thought I was following the rules by starting a RFD account and commenting under contest posts...

If anyone can give guidance it would be appreciated.
Deal Guru
Dec 17, 2001
10712 posts
3904 upvotes
Brossard, Quebec
katrinabadina wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 7:15 pm
Sorry guys, I'm new here and I tried posting a general comment after someone's contest post, something like "newest of the newbie here, thanks" or something like that and my comment was disapproved? I'm wondering why this was.
I tried searching "comment disapproved" in the forum but nothing came up. I thought I was following the rules by starting a RFD account and commenting under contest posts...

If anyone can give guidance it would be appreciated.
This info may help:
Useful Info Before You Begin Posting:
If you have recently created an account, but cannot post, it is likely because you did not activate your account. An email was sent to the email account you registered with that contained a confirmation link. If you have lost this email, please send an email to support@redflagdeals.com explaining your problem. The email must come from the email account you registered with.
Your first post must be approved by a moderator before appearing on the site. This is done to ensure the legitimacy of the account (for example, that it is not a spam robot). Posts are usually approved within 24 hours. If your post is not approved, it is most likely because it either broke one of the rules below or was deemed to be suspicious in which case please Contact Us.
If you have a question, please try using our Search feature to see if it's already been asked and possibly answered before.
Sep 11, 2017
28 posts
127 upvotes
thanks for replying. That *might* have been it. I had activated my account but maybe I posted too soon. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Sep 13, 2017
1 posts
3 upvotes
Hello to all ... I am new to this. am a senior and would like to make some money or lottery wins to make my life a little easier.. I woke up this morning wondering how to do this and thought about entering contests..hmmm is that even a thing I thought? Well I remember a coworker who won trips all the time and other things and he just entered contests.. Duh... what a novel idea.. So I am really interested in getting started.. Wondered if anyone would give me some hints.. I have gmail and facebook accounts. and youtube but not twitter.. For some reason that scares me to possible computer hacks etc.. So I am asking those of you in the know.. young or old to please let me know what I should do and how I can get started etc.. I read an article that mentioned this site.. Think I may have unsubscribed before or maybe not.. I did have trouble getting in here but I really found I was getting too many email so tried to cut down..not I am back on here at least.. so again.. HELP...
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2015
2897 posts
25263 upvotes
aled60 wrote:
Sep 14th, 2017 4:46 pm
Hello to all ... I am new to this. am a senior and would like to make some money or lottery wins to make my life a little easier.. I woke up this morning wondering how to do this and thought about entering contests..hmmm is that even a thing I thought? Well I remember a coworker who won trips all the time and other things and he just entered contests.. Duh... what a novel idea.. So I am really interested in getting started.. Wondered if anyone would give me some hints.. I have gmail and facebook accounts. and youtube but not twitter.. For some reason that scares me to possible computer hacks etc.. So I am asking those of you in the know.. young or old to please let me know what I should do and how I can get started etc.. I read an article that mentioned this site.. Think I may have unsubscribed before or maybe not.. I did have trouble getting in here but I really found I was getting too many email so tried to cut down..not I am back on here at least.. so again.. HELP...
Welcome to RFD and contesting, Aled60.

I recommend reading this thread as it has great info on contesting
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/rfd-con ... s-1291530/

Enjoy and best of luck!
Sep 28, 2013
331 posts
268 upvotes
BRANTFORD
Anyone else having problems with tagging someone on Facebook for contests lately? When I tag the person it now directly messages them the comment instead of just tagging the comment on the post. This is hell for contests asking to tag someone in the post as it doesn't even leave the comment it just messages the person. Any idea how to fix this?
Deal Expert
Dec 22, 2006
38251 posts
25998 upvotes
Economy
TomRFD wrote:
Sep 15th, 2017 12:35 pm
And this thread is now back in business thanks to the efforts of @MarkRFD.

Sorry for the inconvenience!
Why is it mixed in with the contests?
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
8480 posts
12855 upvotes
Scarborough
valeriey wrote:
Sep 15th, 2017 4:38 pm
Why is it mixed in with the contests?
My post? This entire thread was accidentally permanently deleted last night. I was just posting an update that it has been restored.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2009
3404 posts
4407 upvotes
Ontario
TomRFD wrote:
Sep 15th, 2017 5:07 pm
My post? This entire thread was accidentally permanently deleted last night. I was just posting an update that it has been restored.
Thanks for saving the social corner on contesting! Huge thread of tips and such!
Surfing 2017. Fall, show me the roll-out of prizes!
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2009
3404 posts
4407 upvotes
Ontario
aled60 wrote:
Sep 14th, 2017 4:46 pm
If your Facebook account is on the public setting, you often can find many Facebook contests. Some sponsors want you to tag other Facebook people you know in order to enter contests. Now you indicated you want to win money or lottery--you may wish to follow radio or tv station Facebook pages to see if any contests come up with prizes you want. Home Outfitters and HBC Facebook pages often do a small or home appliance prize draw and sometimes larger furniture draws.

I don't have Facebook for my own use. I do enter the occasional Twitter contest but this year I have not been on at the right times (like during Twitter parties) to be a participant and possibly win.

Since you mention you have a Gmail account-are you using Google Drive to save any files? Just thought to mention that Google will stop supporting Google Drive in early December 2017 (for PCs/Macs) and totally drop the service in March 2018.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2009
3404 posts
4407 upvotes
Ontario
Mall Facebook pages are good for checking for gift card draws, though sometimes sponsors may use Instagram instead of Facebook. Indigo Chapters runs contests on Facebook too.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

Hope4awin