Contests

[Other] Contest Discussion(s)

Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2009
3404 posts
4407 upvotes
Ontario
I was checking the Publisac contest link-three closed contests and all state winners will be posted soon. The MM Food Market one ended some time ago and there's no name posted.
Surfing 2017. Fall, show me the roll-out of prizes!
Sep 13, 2017
1 posts
3 upvotes
I would like to thank you and all others who have been so supportive in my new endeavour and all the helpful hints.. I am still interested but I went to a senior's workshop on fraud and scams put on by the local RCMP. I have to say there were a lot of points brought up that suggested to tighten up security on Facebook etc. I know there are links on Facebook that if you go on it you can be a victim of computer hacks etc. So I am proceeding cautiously so that I don't get so gung ho that I end up losing money rather than winning.. I think that Home outfitters and HBC Facebook pages and other suggestions that lead you directly to a website by typing in the actual website into your browser may be a safer way to go for me.
Oct 20, 2016
51 posts
20 upvotes
Ciel wrote:
Sep 15th, 2017 8:08 pm
Since you mention you have a Gmail account-are you using Google Drive to save any files? Just thought to mention that Google will stop supporting Google Drive in early December 2017 (for PCs/Macs) and totally drop the service in March 2018.
This is not true, desktop apps are changing but the service isn't going anywhere and your files are safe.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2006
4640 posts
6056 upvotes
Toronto
pentagonjr wrote:
Sep 15th, 2017 10:50 pm
This is not true, desktop apps are changing but the service isn't going anywhere and your files are safe.
Here's a little more insight:

"The Google Drive apps for Mac and Windows are coming to an end next year. Basically, that’s not a very major issue to worry about as in July, Google released Backup and Sync. To be honest, most of the users are not even bothered because they really don’t rely on the desktop apps of Google. They mainly use Drive in a browser or phones/tablets. So, if you are one of them, there’s no additional requirement of sync software. If you anyhow belong to this mass, just ignore the news, you have nothing to worry about.

The Drive and Photos desktop apps for Windows PCs and Macs are getting replaced by the Google free utility. You can still use Backup and Sync for backing up the contents of the whole thing on the PC or the selected folders. It is quite an easy tool to use if you were any which ways syncing with its Drive app predecessor. If it’s new to you, you should figure out “Get started with Google’s Backup and Sync app.”"
Sep 28, 2011
120 posts
537 upvotes
Saskatchewan
I am moving to a small town and they only have PO boxes. I know a lot of contests don't want to ship to those. I have looked at flex delivery but they say to also make sure the shipper ships to PO boxes. Is there a way around this or am I hooped??
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2005
2018 posts
708 upvotes
SW Ontario
you should have a street address for 911 purposes - I used to live in a village with only PO boxes for a mailing address, so for contests I would put the 911 Street Address, and then #xx for the box number, without mentioning that it was actually a box number

123 Main St. #12
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2010
21367 posts
2313 upvotes
North Vancouver
You can use my address! :-)
Deal Fanatic
Mar 2, 2011
9604 posts
18720 upvotes
Maple Ridge
shannoncont wrote:
Sep 20th, 2017 1:01 pm
I am moving to a small town and they only have PO boxes. I know a lot of contests don't want to ship to those. I have looked at flex delivery but they say to also make sure the shipper ships to PO boxes. Is there a way around this or am I hooped??
I moved to a small town last year from Vancouver. Contest shock!!I I miss all the local and radio contests. The town is small (4000) and I haven't seen any local contests around here. My mailing address is a PO box so I know what you mean. I use my physical address for the main address when filling out forms and when I do use the box # I put it in the other address box. I figure that if they don't want a box # it is because they may use couriers so I don't worry about putting in the box #.
Sep 28, 2011
120 posts
537 upvotes
Saskatchewan
Missycat wrote:
Sep 21st, 2017 1:49 am
I moved to a small town last year from Vancouver. Contest shock!!I I miss all the local and radio contests. The town is small (4000) and I haven't seen any local contests around here. My mailing address is a PO box so I know what you mean. I use my physical address for the main address when filling out forms and when I do use the box # I put it in the other address box. I figure that if they don't want a box # it is because they may use couriers so I don't worry about putting in the box #.
is maple ridge the small town?? Or is that where you moved from?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 2, 2011
9604 posts
18720 upvotes
Maple Ridge
shannoncont wrote:
Sep 21st, 2017 10:41 pm
is maple ridge the small town?? Or is that where you moved from?
We did live in Maple Ridge for a while but we moved much further away to Grand Forks BC from the Vancouver area. Population 4000. It is about 6 hours from Vancouver. I guess I had better update my profile. lol
Sep 28, 2011
120 posts
537 upvotes
Saskatchewan
Missycat wrote:
Sep 21st, 2017 11:11 pm
We did live in Maple Ridge for a while but we moved much further away to Grand Forks BC from the Vancouver area. Population 4000. It is about 6 hours from Vancouver. I guess I had better update my profile. lol
Lol. It's quite the change. I'm still trying to slow down to the pace of this town.
Aug 18, 2006
158 posts
1463 upvotes
Waterloo
Has anyone else mailed in an NPE entry into this Country Style contest? 2017-10-22-country-style-good-things-co ... pe-2126109

If so, I'm curious to find out which part of the cup you received and whether it was already unrolled or not. The piece I received was unrolled and did not include a PIN or any message about winning or losing. In fact, all my piece says is "Go To www.winwithcs.com for an Extra C".
Image1071857046.jpg

When I initially received it, I laughed and thought the person sending it out must have not been wearing their glasses or was just plain careless. I felt a little annoyed that I wasted two stamps for a useless piece of cardboard. However, the more I think about it, the more I suspect it might be something worse than that. What if my cup was a winner but the person who was supposed to mail it to me just kept it? I hope they will send me a new piece for free, but I will probably never know if this piece was from a winning cup or not. :(

If other people are receiving unrolled pieces, I'd like to ask Country Style to improve the integrity of this NPE process. I understand it might be difficult to know which part of the cup to cut off and mail out without unrolling it, but if someone else is going to unroll it for me, I don't trust them to send me any winning pieces.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2009
3204 posts
18992 upvotes
North York
I would send them a message asap! that is not right

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

Hope4awin