[Other] Contest Discussion(s)

Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
3744 posts
15029 upvotes
Halifax
laura7x wrote:
Sep 23rd, 2017 5:58 pm
Has anyone else mailed in an NPE entry into this Country Style contest? http://forums.redflagdeals.com/2017-10- ... pe-2126109

If so, I'm curious to find out which part of the cup you received and whether it was already unrolled or not. The piece I received was unrolled and did not include a PIN or any message about winning or losing. In fact, all my piece says is "Go To www.winwithcs.com for an Extra C".

When I initially received it, I laughed and thought the person sending it out must have not been wearing their glasses or was just plain careless. I felt a little annoyed that I wasted two stamps for a useless piece of cardboard. However, the more I think about it, the more I suspect it might be something worse than that. What if my cup was a winner but the person who was supposed to mail it to me just kept it? I hope they will send me a new piece for free, but I will probably never know if this piece was from a winning cup or not. :(

If other people are receiving unrolled pieces, I'd like to ask Country Style to improve the integrity of this NPE process. I understand it might be difficult to know which part of the cup to cut off and mail out without unrolling it, but if someone else is going to unroll it for me, I don't trust them to send me any winning pieces.
There was no PIN on what you received? I haven't bought any, but it seems like the PIN is what is needed? If so, they definitely sent you the wrong piece.

1. Buy any hot drink from Country Style
2. Roll the Rim
3. Go to http://winwithcs.com/ to enter your pin number and check if you’re a winner!
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2007
2735 posts
241 upvotes
I won a $50 macs card.

I have been MIA taking care of my mother who had pancreatic cancer, she unexpectedly got sick and suddenly passed away from the chemo attacking her lungs while beating the cancer. To those who donated to me, thank you
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
3744 posts
15029 upvotes
Halifax
Interesting story, but the PR company seems to suggest she didn't even have the winning ticket?

I have a box where I throw everything that has a PIN, and I clear it out once a year or so. I try not to think about the money spent when I clear out the box. ;)
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
1563 posts
2852 upvotes
Tracydeanne wrote:
Sep 25th, 2017 8:13 am
Interesting story, but the PR company seems to suggest she didn't even have the winning ticket?

I have a box where I throw everything that has a PIN, and I clear it out once a year or so. I try not to think about the money spent when I clear out the box. ;)
I do the same. Much easier when companies post winners names so you know when to toss out your codes. For instance I never see the Shoppers Drug Mart winners posted. So when do you toss out the pins? Do you keep them for months later in case they are late with the draw and contacting the winner, or do you keep them only until they post their next contest? Frustrating! Sometimes the amount of codes I have is ridiculous and I only enter the ones where I actually buy the product or shop at the store. Can't imagine what people who enter them all must have.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2010
21371 posts
2314 upvotes
North Vancouver
vorthex wrote:
Sep 25th, 2017 3:03 am
I won a $50 macs card.

I have been MIA taking care of my mother who had pancreatic cancer, she unexpectedly got sick and suddenly passed away from the chemo attacking her lungs while beating the cancer. To those who donated to me, thank you
Very sorry for your loss.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2011
8745 posts
13639 upvotes
@vorthex I am sorry to hear that your mother passed away. It does not matter how old we are, loosing a parent is always difficult.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
3744 posts
15029 upvotes
Halifax
gofforever wrote:
Sep 25th, 2017 9:35 am
I do the same. Much easier when companies post winners names so you know when to toss out your codes. For instance I never see the Shoppers Drug Mart winners posted. So when do you toss out the pins? Do you keep them for months later in case they are late with the draw and contacting the winner, or do you keep them only until they post their next contest? Frustrating! Sometimes the amount of codes I have is ridiculous and I only enter the ones where I actually buy the product or shop at the store. Can't imagine what people who enter them all must have.
I usually check when the draw was, and if it was months ago, I toss them. For Shoppers or other contests where you can receive the PIN online, I usually just leave them in my email, I don't bother going back.

Honestly, since I only go through my PIN box once a year or so, it's usually pretty easy to toss things, so old!
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2006
1712 posts
1104 upvotes
Toronto
vorthex wrote:
I won a $50 macs card.

Very sorry to hear that, Vorthex.
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
19196 posts
121817 upvotes
GTA
@vorthex, sorry to hear about your mother, my condolences. That is difficult to deal with under any circumstances.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
1563 posts
2852 upvotes
vorthex wrote:
I won a $50 macs card.

So sorry to hear about your loss. I lost my mom this past March for Alzheimer's and I still think about her everyday. Take comfort in the memories knowing you took care of her when she needed you the most.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2009
3209 posts
18996 upvotes
North York
I came across this QC contest on FB: https://www.facebook.com/voyagevascotou ... 37/?type=3

I am quite annoyed, not because I do not live in QC and I don't qualify but because they make a point that you can only enter with purchase and that there is no free method of entry- I already wrote to them and to the Regis - they don't seem to care. It appears that the Regis does not have a clause in their rules that you need to have a no-purchase method of entry...%^$%#%&!!!

This is the Regis reply: Après vérification, le concours publicitaire auquel vous faites référence a été déclaré à la Régie et les règlements sont les mêmes que ceux que vous avez joints au courriel. Dans un premier temps, les règlements indiquent que vous devez être résident du Québec pour participer au concours. Ne l'étant pas, vous ne pouvez participer. Dans un deuxième temps, l'entreprise n'est pas dans l'obligation de donner un mode alternatif sans achat en mettant une question d'habileté dans les règlements et la réclame.

La Régie en a fait part à l'organisateur du concours en lui demandant d'en faire mention dans les règlements lors d'un prochain concours

Then they sent me the Regis rules: www.racj.gouv.qc.ca

I can't stand QC!!! they don't think they should abide by Competition Bureau rules or Criminal code rules
Feb 22, 2012
523 posts
7302 upvotes
Quebec
Each province makes up its own damn rules. Get over it. I'm from Quebec and I'm not bothered by the "with purchase only" clause. Why do you care ? It doesn't concern you, because you don't live here. I think you got deeper issues with QC than our contest rules...