Contests

[Other] Contest Discussion(s)

Deal Guru
Jan 11, 2013
13061 posts
3297 upvotes
Toronto
Did anyone happen to catch the codeword today?
Wishing everyone a lucky 2017!
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
1561 posts
2852 upvotes
sherlockmandango wrote:
Oct 31st, 2017 8:33 pm
Did anyone happen to catch the codeword today?
Still can't believe there is no specific contest page or rules for this on their site. Today's word was a bit confusing. Screen showed the word: BATR-BOAT but then the hosts went on to say the word is BATR and that it meant Boat. So up to you how you want to enter the word.
Jul 29, 2007
871 posts
9 upvotes
Earth
On Oct 4 I won a Dinner gc from a radio contest where you can only win from the radio station every 30 days
Well on Tuesday Oct 31 I won again from the same station $ 813 dollars
Only to be told after I won it when I gave my info that I won Oct 4 and it has not been 30 days yet to win. It was only 27 days that I won again
I thought it was longer then 30 days when I did win last but it was not
So the radio host told me somebody from the station will contact me to figure it out. I'm really hoping they will give me a break this time since it was $ 813 dollars I won but I won't count on it because rules are rules. But on the other hand they did let me play the contest and should of asked me for my info before I played the game. So when I did play I thought It has been over 30 days since I won the dinner gc I just hope since its only 4 days away when it will be over 30 days when I won the gc they will give me a pass this time and let me keep the $ 813. What do you guys think they will do? Give me a break this time or tell me I can't win untill 4 more days when I'm ok to win again? I really need the money so i hope when they call and let me know that they will let me keep it.
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
1898 posts
952 upvotes
St. Catharines
I have a notepad to keep track of my recent wins on each radio station to avoid the 30 day rule. The radio stations I frequent don't seem to like me constantly winning. Some have even blocked me on Twitter. Don't know what that's about. I wouldn't expect them to cut me any slack on the rules.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
3738 posts
14988 upvotes
Halifax
If you look up in the pinned threads, you’ll see a Discussion thread. This post will end up getting deleted, so I’d start the convo there if you want to chat.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 9, 2007
7968 posts
2812 upvotes
Toronto
Should go buy a lottery ticket, you on fire!

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Mar 7, 2009
182 posts
938 upvotes
Bowmanville
PEPSICOLA1 wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 12:50 am
On Oct 4 I won a Dinner gc from a radio contest where you can only win from the radio station every 30 days
Well on Tuesday Oct 31 I won again from the same station $ 813 dollars
Only to be told after I won it when I gave my info that I won Oct 4 and it has not been 30 days yet to win. It was only 27 days that I won again
I thought it was longer then 30 days when I did win last but it was not
So the radio host told me somebody from the station will contact me to figure it out. I'm really hoping they will give me a break this time since it was $ 813 dollars I won but I won't count on it because rules are rules. But on the other hand they did let me play the contest and should of asked me for my info before I played the game. So when I did play I thought It has been over 30 days since I won the dinner gc I just hope since its only 4 days away when it will be over 30 days when I won the gc they will give me a pass this time and let me keep the $ 813. What do you guys think they will do? Give me a break this time or tell me I can't win untill 4 more days when I'm ok to win again? I really need the money so i hope when they call and let me know that they will let me keep it.
I don't know if they will but good luck! I hope you get the money.
Nov 4, 2010
101 posts
41 upvotes
Vancouver
Question regarding entering contests. Many contests say that if they discover you have multiple entries into the contest, you could/would be disqualified if they find out (example: maybe using a separate email address for additional entries).

My question is, if I enter the contest, AND my spouse enters the contest, we would have different email addresses but the same physical addresses...could we be disqualified and should there only be one entry per household? Or is it ok that we both enter...

Thanks!
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
3738 posts
14988 upvotes
Halifax
malarkey01 wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 6:05 pm
Question regarding entering contests. Many contests say that if they discover you have multiple entries into the contest, you could/would be disqualified if they find out (example: maybe using a separate email address for additional entries).

My question is, if I enter the contest, AND my spouse enters the contest, we would have different email addresses but the same physical addresses...could we be disqualified and should there only be one entry per household? Or is it ok that we both enter...

Thanks!
Some contests allow more than one per household, some don’t. It’s usually specified in the rules.
Jul 29, 2007
871 posts
9 upvotes
Earth
Well good news, they will let me have the money. Now I have to wait 4 to 6 weeks to get it but they are letting me have it.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
3738 posts
14988 upvotes
Halifax
Has anyone won anything in the Olivieri Daily giveaway? I didn’t see any winners tagged (granted I didn’t scour each thread).

Also, any Participaction winners here? There are Weekly and monthly prizes, should be some RFD’ers.

I’ll be glad when both of these are over.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2006
1712 posts
1104 upvotes
Toronto
Tracydeanne wrote:
Nov 5th, 2017 10:13 am
Has anyone won anything in the Olivieri Daily giveaway? I didn’t see any winners tagged (granted I didn’t scour each thread).

Also, any Participaction winners here? There are Weekly and monthly prizes, should be some RFD’ers.

I’ll be glad when both of these are over.
I was going to ask about Particpaction winners today too. So odd that we haven't been seeing any reported here yet.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
3738 posts
14988 upvotes
Halifax
I’m assuming Canadian Living isn’t doing their 60 day holiday giveaway this year. Or they’re behind. ;)

Also assuming ToysRUs Wish List will not be happening this year.