Contests

[Other] Contest Discussion(s)

Jun 16, 2012
74 posts
33 upvotes
CALGARY
pickmepickme wrote:
Nov 5th, 2017 10:43 am
I was going to ask about Particpaction winners today too. So odd that we haven't been seeing any reported here yet.
I recall seeing a couple of weekly winners reported in the winners thread, but it was a little while back in the early days of the contest. They post winner names on the contest website too.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
3741 posts
15014 upvotes
Halifax
I did see where they list some winners on their site, but since they don’t put last names, it doesn’t mean much to me, to be honest.

I’ll have to look back at the winners thread, thx!
Jun 16, 2012
74 posts
33 upvotes
CALGARY
Tracydeanne wrote:
Nov 5th, 2017 12:12 pm
I did see where they list some winners on their site, but since they don’t put last names, it doesn’t mean much to me, to be honest.

I’ll have to look back at the winners thread, thx!
Look at entries #34126 and #33789 in the winners thread :D
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
3741 posts
15014 upvotes
Halifax
So I posted some contests yesterday for the first time in a while, life’s just been busy. I had forgotten how quickly contests I post here go up on other contest sites.
Jan 29, 2013
142 posts
856 upvotes
Appreciate everyone who posts for sure and when I am lucky enough to find a contest that hasn’t been posted I’m anxious to share it. To your comment though isn’t it possible that another contester also found the same contest and first posted on another site. I’m not sure if you meant that someone copied your post? I didn’t check to see which contests you are referring to but it’s not like any of us have specific rights to contests or how they are posted. Always appreciate all RFDers comments and posts and generosity in sharing thanks to all!
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
3741 posts
15014 upvotes
Halifax
It’s possible, but in the group I posted yesterday was one that started in June. Pretty unlikely someone found that at the exact same time I posted. Suddenly it appears on other sites as soon as I post.

My peeve with other sites is not about sharing, obviously I’m ok with that since I post here.

My peeve is they’re out there pretending to be a source of great contests, and making ad revenue from that premise, when in fact all they do is copy contests posted on RFD. Perhaps if they referenced where they found it, it would seem less sketchy. But then, I guess people would realize they’re not really a source to find contests, and stop visiting.

Or maybe I’m just mad that I’m not making money off creating my own contest site. ;)

And it’s obviously not every other contest site, just that yesterday was so obvious. I can think of one other site that clearly is finding and posting contests, because they are ones I don’t see elsewhere. I appreciate those who find and post Contests, so thanks to everyone here that does it too!
Deal Expert
Jun 27, 2008
20128 posts
374433 upvotes
Ottawa
I almost drove myself crazy with that a few years ago. I would post and then see it pop up on every other site minutes later many times copy and pasted direct from my post here. and then to top it all off I was accused of joining some psychos private yahoo contest group and stealing those contests and posting them here. Of course I had never even heard of this yahoo or her yahoo group. I eventually just decided to ignore all the crap and just continue to post in my favorite forum (rfd) sharing with the people I enjoyed interacting with and stopped letting the drama drive me nuts.
bring back colour
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
3741 posts
15014 upvotes
Halifax
That's prob for the best! I think it just stood out to me yesterday b/c I hadn’t posted a group of contests in a while, and was like wtf? It was a reminder to me on the games other people play. I’ll put it on “ignore” too. ;)
Jan 18, 2017
6 posts
2 upvotes
A Wee Village, BC
Yup, it tells me I can enter again in 00.00.00, but no entry form is there.
Luck is on your side, if you have patience. ~ Fortune Cookie

2012: $6,544 2013: $20,312 2014: $13,023 2015: $8,429 2016: $5,710 2017: $8,016
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
3741 posts
15014 upvotes
Halifax
I just tried a few things, was able to enter after clearing my cookies and logging out and back in. And my countdown clock started back up again at 7 days.