[Other] Contest Discussion(s)

Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
3734 posts
14932 upvotes
Halifax
grace1972 wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 12:58 pm
Let this be a cautionary tale....I won something, but I won't be receiving it! My facebook account is under my maiden name, and all of my i.d.'s are under my married name. I've long discarded of my old i.d.'s. Oh well...my fault...

What I won was the grand prize in the Cashmere Vote to Win contest. Thank you to the OP vilmark!

2017-10-26-cashmere-bathroom-tissue-vot ... k-2131270/

I hope someone else on rfd is selected! Good luck to you all...you still have a chance :)
That’s too bad Grace, I feel your pain. :(

What about a marriage license? Would that have your maiden?
Deal Expert
Dec 22, 2006
38244 posts
25974 upvotes
Economy
Tracydeanne wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 3:36 pm
That’s too bad Grace, I feel your pain. :(

What about a marriage license? Would that have your maiden?
Birth certificate?
Deal Guru
Jan 17, 2009
14685 posts
18291 upvotes
ONTARIO
ishfish wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 1:43 pm
That is a sizable difference!
Definitely!
It's not a bad looking toaster, but definitely not as nice as the more expensive one. Less features too.
Oh well though. I am still happy. The electric kettle and actifry is really cool.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
1560 posts
2852 upvotes
BobSagget wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 1:29 pm
So it was my prize pack.

Very happy to get it. Although a little letdown with a couple items. 2 of the items I won they seemed to have swapped out with other models (less expensive models). I mean the rules no doubt say they can do this, but still.
One item was like a $250 toaster and was replaced with an $80 one.
Was this the contest you won: http://contest.burnbraefarms.com/eggsforeveryone/rules

If so it doesn't state the value of the toaster. If not find the rules of the contest you won as most state: substitute the Grand Prize or a component thereof for any reason with a prize or a prize component of equal or greater value, including, without limitation, but solely at the Contest Sponsor's sole discretion, a cash award.
Deal Guru
Jan 17, 2009
14685 posts
18291 upvotes
ONTARIO
gofforever wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 4:23 pm
Was this the contest you won: http://contest.burnbraefarms.com/eggsforeveryone/rules

If so it doesn't state the value of the toaster. If not find the rules of the contest you won as most state: substitute the Grand Prize or a component thereof for any reason with a prize or a prize component of equal or greater value, including, without limitation, but solely at the Contest Sponsor's sole discretion, a cash award.
Thanks.

Yeah that is the contest.

I can't find a site that actually sells that toaster now. But I swear I remember seeing $250 or so for it on Amazon or something.
I do see Canadian Tire used to sell it for $180, but it now says discontinued.

The model I got is $80 on Costco.ca right now. Maybe the MSRP between the two are the same, so they just had to swap it out since the original one is no longer sold?

Anyway, it's still a nice toaster. Although it's really big.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
3734 posts
14932 upvotes
Halifax
I’m looking forward to the holiday contest period, my contest winnings this year have been pretty dry. I skipped really pushing on the blog contests this year due to time factors (ie me not having any), and those little wins can be a good motivator and add up. Hopefully the next few months turn up something good!
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
3734 posts
14932 upvotes
Halifax
I’ve received 4 pins so far today for the Loblaws Maui contest. Maybe they’re clearing them all out now that the PIN request period is over.