[Other] Contest Discussion(s)

Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2009
3258 posts
19333 upvotes
North York
phantomfj wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2017 12:03 pm
Anyone else having issues with firefox and contest sites? Some sites won't load , others may have some garbled text, and others will let me fill in the info, but when I hit submit it just clears the form. I can copy the link to chrome and everything works properly. The captchas probably have something to do with it, it seems like if I have to complete a captcha it won't work, but some of the the pages where I don't have to fill out the captcha it goes thru. I do use adblocker and noscript, and firefox just did a big upgrade as well. This seems to affect about 1/3 of my daily entries..............
I use FF and have no such problems even with the new upgrade
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2006
1714 posts
1106 upvotes
Toronto
phantomfj wrote:
Anyone else having issues with firefox and contest sites? Some sites won't load , others may have some garbled text, and others will let me fill in the info, but when I hit submit it just clears the form. I can copy the link to chrome and everything works properly. The captchas probably have something to do with it, it seems like if I have to complete a captcha it won't work, but some of the the pages where I don't have to fill out the captcha it goes thru. I do use adblocker and noscript, and firefox just did a big upgrade as well. This seems to affect about 1/3 of my daily entries..............
I've been upgraded too, and have no issues.
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2016
4924 posts
4919 upvotes
GTA, ON
Black Friday is the day of too many emails.
Deal Expert
Dec 22, 2006
38285 posts
26392 upvotes
Economy
krag48 wrote:
Nov 24th, 2017 7:59 am
Hahaha true!
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2006
1714 posts
1106 upvotes
Toronto
krag48 wrote:
Nov 24th, 2017 7:59 am
I woke up to 145 of them. Surely others got more?
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2016
4924 posts
4919 upvotes
GTA, ON
I wouldn't mind all the emails if some of them, or at least one of them was a win.
Slow 2017 continues.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
1576 posts
2854 upvotes
Tracydeanne wrote:
Nov 24th, 2017 3:43 pm
Good opportunity to get off some lists.
If the unsubscribe button actually works Disappointed Face
Mar 31, 2013
147 posts
820 upvotes
Courtenay, BC
phantomfj wrote:
found the issue, I use a plug in called NoScript, it must have become more sensitive, I now have to temporarily allow it on those sites now
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
3816 posts
15531 upvotes
Halifax
With the Christmas season coming up, we’re starting to see a ramp up of contests on social media, small and large.

Just a friendly reminder that if you don’t know the company, can’t find any info on them, or have a weird feeling about it, don’t enter and give them your personal information. Also...real wins don’t require you to pay anything, so if they’re asking, do some research on the organization first before paying or giving your credit card.

The scammers will be out in full force over the next few months.
Jan 11, 2017
60 posts
43 upvotes
and the first twitter block of the day has started.... (15 min)
also had reached my 5001 so had to delete a bunch (over 600)
le sigh
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2015
2946 posts
25394 upvotes
Tracydeanne wrote:
Nov 24th, 2017 3:43 pm
Good opportunity to get off some lists.
Going to wait till January to unsubscribe as several companies will be advertising Christmas contests.
Deal Guru
Dec 26, 2010
14355 posts
3169 upvotes
Anyone seen a list of winners from the Rockstar drinks PS4 contests? Some are still running but all the ones people in Ontario could enter have ended and (I assume) been drawn...
Sep 6, 2011
68 posts
91 upvotes
Ontario
duno if most ppl already use tools like this but if u have either chrome or firefox u can install an extension called InFormEnter+ is an advanced form filler.
Download it from your browser addon site. u pretty much make a profile, then enter ur info that u have to enter in most in forms
ex:
first name
last name
address
email
postal code
phone
etc

and when u come to a page that has spots u ushally would type this info into u can use the app, it will show like a lil arrow inside the form u click it and all the info u typed out is listed making it easier n faster to fill out forms
Wins So Far From UrBeats By Dre Ear Buds, GoPro Hero 4 Session, Nexus 6P Cell Phone, Reeses Prize Pack With a Bunch Of Items & $150 Gift Card,, Sony Wireless Headphones, Sony Xperia Cell Phone, IPad Mini 3, Xbox one, Molson Canadian Beer Fridge (value $3000) & More
Jan 30, 2016
236 posts
429 upvotes
Halifax, NS
kamoklick wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 12:36 pm
duno if most ppl already use tools like this but if u have either chrome or firefox u can install an extension called InFormEnter+ is an advanced form filler.
Download it from your browser addon site. u pretty much make a profile, then enter ur info that u have to enter in most in forms
ex:
first name
last name
address
email
postal code
phone
etc

and when u come to a page that has spots u ushally would type this info into u can use the app, it will show like a lil arrow inside the form u click it and all the info u typed out is listed making it easier n faster to fill out forms
Make sure you read the rules, though. Some contests require manual entry.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

Tracydeanne