Contests

[Other] Contest Discussion(s)

Jan 30, 2016
236 posts
429 upvotes
Halifax, NS
Just started getting a lot of mail from FairStone... did they get my mailing address from a contest? Anybody else getting anything?
Deal Guru
Jan 11, 2013
13179 posts
3361 upvotes
Toronto
Where the heck are all the "Last Jedi" contests?
Wishing everyone a lucky 2017!
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2006
4651 posts
6084 upvotes
Toronto
sas29 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 10:19 pm
Phew, I don't know what I would have thought if your message just said thanks for entering.
LOL! If I was mean, I would think I should have photoshopped it to mess with you ;) but I'm not, so I was glad I could help assuage your fears
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2016
4934 posts
4922 upvotes
GTA, ON
sherlockmandango wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 8:16 pm
Where the heck are all the "Last Jedi" contests?
In a galaxy far, far away....Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Apr 3, 2010
282 posts
171 upvotes
Just read today that NCIX has declared bankruptcy, so no more contests from them. Probably means less competition for computer parts in Canada as well.
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2016
4934 posts
4922 upvotes
GTA, ON
Hotdiggety wrote:
Dec 9th, 2017 8:19 am
Just read today that NCIX has declared bankruptcy, so no more contests from them. Probably means less competition for computer parts in Canada as well.
I was following that story on RedFlagDeals.com in the forums. I've stopped receiving emails from them. I had a bunch of "points" that I never used.
Sep 11, 2017
37 posts
131 upvotes
I know! I'm desperately waiting to hear from them Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes

*edited to add - re: the kitchenaid giveaway*
Dec 19, 2010
613 posts
4902 upvotes
Vancouver
I have to fill in the captcha every single time lately. Don't get away with any the last few weeks. Everything takes so much more time. Any idea why or how to get around it or reduce the amount i have to fill out? Already cleared my history and cache and it didn't change anything.
Aug 4, 2008
942 posts
2663 upvotes
Ontario
wsiemens wrote:
Dec 10th, 2017 1:14 pm
I have to fill in the captcha every single time lately. Don't get away with any the last few weeks. Everything takes so much more time. Any idea why or how to get around it or reduce the amount i have to fill out? Already cleared my history and cache and it didn't change anything.
same and most times page after page for one contest it's ridiculous!
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2016
4934 posts
4922 upvotes
GTA, ON
Regarding captchas, they are owned by Google. I find that if I log into my gmail account in one tab and contest in another tab the captchas get approved without a test. Just stay logged into Google.
Hope that helps

May the Force be with you
Apr 3, 2010
282 posts
171 upvotes
krag48 wrote:
Dec 10th, 2017 8:05 pm
Regarding captchas, they are owned by Google. I find that if I log into my gmail account in one tab and contest in another tab the captchas get approved without a test. Just stay logged into Google.
Hope that helps

May the Force be with you
That's amazing. It works for me too. That will save a lot of time and trouble from now on. Thanks heaps.