Contests

[Other] Contest Discussion(s)

Deal Addict
May 31, 2007
1581 posts
14318 upvotes
Tracydeanne wrote:
Dec 20th, 2017 5:42 pm
Thank you to our wonderful group of instagrammers, you know who you are. I was traveling today for work, got home, and had so many tags, so many contests. Makes it easy to catch up. Thank you!! Good luck all!
Ditto. Thanks for all the tags. Won a few small giveaways so far off IG.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
4070 posts
15954 upvotes
Halifax
BD12 wrote:
Dec 21st, 2017 1:13 pm
Ditto. Thanks for all the tags. Won a few small giveaways so far off IG.
Sweet!!
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
4070 posts
15954 upvotes
Halifax
Sponsors on IG really make a point of saying they don’t like “giveaway only accounts”, so I try to include some personal things in my account. But I prob wouldn’t be using IG if I didn’t contest.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
1728 posts
2946 upvotes
Tracydeanne wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2017 12:53 pm
Sponsors on IG really make a point of saying they don’t like “giveaway only accounts”, so I try to include some personal things in my account. But I prob wouldn’t be using IG if I didn’t contest.
that frustrates me when they say that as you follow them on FB and they tell you go follow us on IG and enter our contest. They can't have it both ways.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
4070 posts
15954 upvotes
Halifax
I’m just going through some blog contests, I haven’t entered any in a while.

One of the bloggers who used to say contest-only accounts excluded, has updated his rules. Is this any better? Not sure. He used to post his contests here, not sure if he does anymore.

Terms and Conditions:
The contest is open to Canadian residents with a Canadian mailing address only. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. No cash substitute. Do not to use generic, contest bot Twitter accounts, please. This is a great prize, please share it genuinely with your followers instead of using anonymous contest-only accounts.
Aug 4, 2008
978 posts
2798 upvotes
Ontario
Tracydeanne wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2017 10:45 am
I’m just going through some blog contests, I haven’t entered any in a while.

One of the bloggers who used to say contest-only accounts excluded, has updated his rules. Is this any better? Not sure. He used to post his contests here, not sure if he does anymore.

Terms and Conditions:
The contest is open to Canadian residents with a Canadian mailing address only. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. No cash substitute. Do not to use generic, contest bot Twitter accounts, please. This is a great prize, please share it genuinely with your followers instead of using anonymous contest-only accounts.
He used to post here all the time, I think he still does, I actually reported him to a few of his sponsors because of it.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
15074 posts
3564 upvotes
Almost done for another year, so anyone have running totals for your wins through 2017? I'm way down. I normally do about $2,000 in any given year. I'm at well under $1,500 for the year with this outing. Still a week to go but barring something miraculous happening, it looks like I'll close out on that number...
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
1728 posts
2946 upvotes
How legit are blog contests? I entered my first one a few weeks ago and the site says winner posted soon but has yet to announce anything. I get their email and have looked through them but no winner mentioned in them also.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
4070 posts
15954 upvotes
Halifax
gofforever wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2017 3:57 pm
How legit are blog contests? I entered my first one a few weeks ago and the site says winner posted soon but has yet to announce anything. I get their email and have looked through them but no winner mentioned in them also.
I’ve won tons from blog contests, but I can’t really attest to every one, unless I’ve dealt with them. Who is it? Most of them list the winner in the rafflecopter form.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
4070 posts
15954 upvotes
Halifax
skeetersden wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2017 12:55 pm
He used to post here all the time, I think he still does, I actually reported him to a few of his sponsors because of it.
You don’t want contesters, but you post your contests on a contest site? :facepalm:
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
1728 posts
2946 upvotes
Tracydeanne wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2017 11:06 pm
I’ve won tons from blog contests, but I can’t really attest to every one, unless I’ve dealt with them. Who is it? Most of them list the winner in the rafflecopter form.
the blogger is 4theloveofmommy
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
4070 posts
15954 upvotes
Halifax
gofforever wrote:
Dec 24th, 2017 8:31 am
the blogger is 4theloveofmommy
She’s fairly well established. I see she announced some winners on twitter, maybe she’s behind with the holidays.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
1728 posts
2946 upvotes
Tracydeanne wrote:
Dec 24th, 2017 12:45 pm
She’s fairly well established. I see she announced some winners on twitter, maybe she’s behind with the holidays.
I will check twitter. Not to big on twitter but have it just for contests retweets. Thanks

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)