Contests

[Other] Contest Discussion(s)

Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2010
21669 posts
2911 upvotes
North Vancouver
I have just finished entering my daily contests.... Christmas can now begin! (and not a moment before)

I hope everyone wins or has won something nice for Christmas! (or for whatever holidays you enjoy in 2017 & 2018)
Dec 26, 2010
423 posts
4248 upvotes
gbamber wrote:
Dec 25th, 2017 11:45 am
I hope everyone wins or has won something nice for Christmas! (or for whatever holidays you enjoy in 2017 & 2018)
Well....not only have I not won anything for two years now, I lost my beloved husband earlier in the year so Christmas is not so merry for me. Last thing I won was a package of 4 rolls of toilet paper. Is there a message in that? LOL However.....maybe next year! Merry Christmas everyone and best wishes for 2018!
Jun 6, 2012
153 posts
2307 upvotes
Saskatoon, Saskatche…
RoomForOneMore wrote:
Dec 21st, 2017 11:28 pm
Do most of you have a separate Instagram account for contests?
I definitely do. Same with twitter and facebook.
Mar 29, 2011
505 posts
1984 upvotes
White Rock, BC
Wenda1 wrote:
Dec 25th, 2017 2:07 pm
Well....not only have I not won anything for two years now, I lost my beloved husband earlier in the year so Christmas is not so merry for me. Last thing I won was a package of 4 rolls of toilet paper. Is there a message in that? LOL However.....maybe next year! Merry Christmas everyone and best wishes for 2018!
Wenda1 2017 was a terrible year for you, but I'm wishing you all good things and wonderful prizes in 2018! You post so much on this forum including answers, and you are certainly long overdue for some good karma! :)
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2006
1745 posts
1150 upvotes
Toronto
Wenda1 wrote:
So very sorry for your loss.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 13, 2009
8837 posts
2394 upvotes
Toronto
Wenda1 wrote:
I'm very sorry to hear this, Wenda :(
2016, 2017 and 2018 Wins: Sweet F**k all.

Laird of Glencoe and Lochaber
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2006
1745 posts
1150 upvotes
Toronto
I just received a prepaid VISA card from Scotiabank, but everything on the two information sheets is in French. I can make out things like the fact that you can add money to it, use it in many different places, etc., but because the name on the card is Client Important, I suspect that it is a marketing effort. But just in case, it's a win from a primarily French contest, did anyone else get this in the mail today?
Mar 29, 2011
505 posts
1984 upvotes
White Rock, BC
Rosibal wrote:
Dec 28th, 2017 9:03 pm
I came across this article about a woman that won $25K in the States -good for her! https://infotel.ca/newsitem/us-anti-gam ... p576027449
Funny how some people in this article are quoted as saying that entering sweepstakes (contesting) and gambling are the same thing! Ms. Gilroy, the anti-gambling crusader who won, was correct in pointing out that sweepstakes are free for all to enter and are therefore totally different. Love hearing stories like this....thank you for sharing this article Rosibal! :)
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2011
9108 posts
13862 upvotes
This part made me giggle: "I called a pastor friend, and said, 'Oh my God, should I send it back? What do I do? Do I donate it?'" she said. "He said, 'Don't feel guilty. You just got paid for all your volunteer work against gambling.' It's God showing his grace on me."
So if you speak out against "sin" and then you "sin" god will reward your "sinning." Interesting.
Stupid, but interesting.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
15074 posts
3564 upvotes
Any updates on the cheaters from you know where? Haven't seen any articles on them recently and if they are still using cheat to win software. How are the sponsors and contest administrators dealing with this? I know we seem to have a lot more security these days but there are also contests in which nothing has happened. No captchas, giving up the STQ, unlimited entries, etc. You'd think those would be open to abuse...
Mar 29, 2011
505 posts
1984 upvotes
White Rock, BC
ishfish wrote:
Dec 29th, 2017 8:15 pm
This part made me giggle: "I called a pastor friend, and said, 'Oh my God, should I send it back? What do I do? Do I donate it?'" she said. "He said, 'Don't feel guilty. You just got paid for all your volunteer work against gambling.' It's God showing his grace on me."
So if you speak out against "sin" and then you "sin" god will reward your "sinning." Interesting.
Stupid, but interesting.

rrrrrrofl... you summed it up beautifully ishfish!! "Stupid, but interesting"... I love it!! Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling EyesSmiling Face With Halo :twisted: Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Mar 7, 2009
224 posts
1114 upvotes
Bowmanville
Wenda1 wrote:
I'm sorry for your loss Wenda. My mom passed away a few months ago and Christmas was not so happy here either.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
4070 posts
15954 upvotes
Halifax
I find the monthly contest list gets shorter every year. I wonder if sponsors are giving up on this type of promo.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
15074 posts
3564 upvotes
I see Rockstar Energy drinks are at it again. i have my druthers with this outfit. Can't find winners lists on many of their contests. Forums state people have won daily contests but nailing down who has won the grand prizes is tough. In one case they listed online monikers only for motorcycle prizes as it was an entry after playing a video game! Many people wondered who won the Destiny 2 PS4 prizes. I could not find that info out. The web pages that list winners loop back to the entry page! Very suspect...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)