Contests

[Other] Contest Discussion(s)

Jun 16, 2012
112 posts
402 upvotes
CALGARY
DougO wrote:
Jan 4th, 2018 11:56 pm
Many people wondered who won the Destiny 2 PS4 prizes. I could not find that info out. The web pages that list winners loop back to the entry page! Very suspect...
I lurk on other sites and I did see someone who said they won one of the PS4s from the Rockstar contest that closed recently. But yes, it sure would be nice to see winners names for all contests.
Feb 11, 2015
915 posts
12522 upvotes
Toronto, ON
zdenoZ wrote:
Jan 5th, 2018 10:03 am
I lurk on other sites and I did see someone who said they won one of the PS4s from the Rockstar contest that closed recently. But yes, it sure would be nice to see winners names for all contests.
I've won a contest from Rockstar before. It was actually one of my first bigger prizes that I won when I started contesting around 2.5 years ago. It included motorcycle lessons, helmets, swag and drinks. They were also supposed to mail me tickets to one of the shows, they forget, when I emailed them, and proposed that since I missed it, I'd prefer rockstar drinks anyways and they sent 6 cases over. So I don't think they're shady at all. However, this has gotten me thinking.

I won this when I only entered from this ip. It makes me think how many contests disqualify multiple ballots based on ip. I would suppose it's incorporated to the ballot counting program they have. However, there are always those that don't. But I'm sure most people enter at home, and I always have an image of beauty manager sitting there going, we're awarding a beauty prize to so and so - no no lol. I've won so little beauty products, and Facebook, with a blank account, I've been blanking out as well. I guess we'll never know why and how these contests run, but we all know one thing, luck is needed to win.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
4070 posts
15954 upvotes
Halifax
Got this weird message in my personal Facebook today. Not sure if it’s just a coincidence, or it’s because my RFD account is attached to my Facebook.

Hi, Do you have redflagdeals account? If yes, can you help us post a deal. We can pay you via PayPal.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2009
3677 posts
4888 upvotes
Ontario
The Time Shop did not have a diamond ring/HBC gift card contest during Nov & Dec. Have yet to see if Guy Maven has posted online as to why Techmas did not happen last year but will this year.
Summer 2018-retro candy and treats time
Jan 30, 2016
278 posts
643 upvotes
Halifax, NS
Does anybody enter the contests on Scene Creek? I can’t find any rules for any of their contests.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
4070 posts
15954 upvotes
Halifax
I do occasionally, I’ve gotten some advance movie tickets from them.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2009
3485 posts
20347 upvotes
North York
ImagineCH wrote:
Jan 7th, 2018 8:08 am
Does anybody enter the contests on Scene Creek? I can’t find any rules for any of their contests.
You can contact them on FB and ask
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2008
1785 posts
12875 upvotes
Tracydeanne wrote:
Jan 5th, 2018 9:59 pm
Got this weird message in my personal Facebook today. Not sure if it’s just a coincidence, or it’s because my RFD account is attached to my Facebook.

Hi, Do you have redflagdeals account? If yes, can you help us post a deal. We can pay you via PayPal.
Scam scam scam scam...
LadyB
Live kidney donor needed. Please read info PM with any questions.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
1728 posts
2946 upvotes
Tracydeanne wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 11:04 am
Anyone catch the Marilyn winner?
I think it was a Joanne from Timmins (I could be wrong as I didn't tape it and am just going by memory which is faulty) and they also drew a winner from the audience which was a Micali from Markham
Feb 28, 2010
20 posts
75 upvotes
Brampton
Got a missed call from a private number. Hope they call back just in case I won something good. Haha
Jan 10, 2018
3 posts
3 upvotes
Anyone know where I can find more Canadian Compers to add to my FB account as friends? Thanks!
Mar 14, 2017
21 posts
120 upvotes
Looking for anyone that would like to follow and tag each other on instagram contests Smiling Face With Smiling Eyes

I'm amib1975 if you'd like to add me.
Oct 30, 2005
257 posts
154 upvotes
ami1975 wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 7:07 am
Looking for anyone that would like to follow and tag each other on instagram contests Smiling Face With Smiling Eyes

I'm amib1975 if you'd like to add me.
I followed you, I'm looking for the same thing so if anyone wants to add me I'm scannsh on instagram
2016 Wins - $1766.34