Contests

[Other] Contest Discussion(s)

Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
15572 posts
3827 upvotes
katrinabadina wrote:
Feb 10th, 2018 1:34 pm
I always thought I was lucky in contests until I started contesting! I think before they were smaller, local contests that I could sort of weight the chances of winning and now they're these huge ones. Putting more effort in for less wins :( but I'm going to hang in there. I keep telling myself "one trip, one trip then I'll stop..." Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
I keep saying that too but I haven't quit yet. Been 45 years of contesting now. Much harder to win anything big or small as the pool for most contests is so large now. But I still keep plugging away at it daily. Just have to wait and see I suppose...
Penalty Box
Feb 11, 2015
1052 posts
13894 upvotes
Toronto, ON
We did win some fun prizes recently, but I'm sure we don't share all our wins. Though that would be fun and nice for a change. I try to keep it going during Christmas.

Luckily, haven't landed on a win slump yet, though it has been slowing down. This week's busy for everyone, so I didn't enter very much. Oh well, it seems like anyone entering at anytime can get lucky, so you just have to avoid all the superstitions. It's gotta be fun and recreational for you to enjoy it.

I haven't gotten a second win, recently. Lost in the mail, but I won't pursue it. Feels like you can't win them all, and I'm fine with it. The rules are meant to protect higher parties, but who will think of the children!
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2008
1841 posts
13609 upvotes
So...any red envelopes???
gofforever wrote:
Feb 15th, 2018 10:20 am
I have been searching for the Uncle Ben contest marked products for a while now. Finally found them at Loblaws but they wanted just over $11 for the 5pk box. Way more than I wanted to spend for a contest. So I sent away for a npn.

This week the product was on sale from $11 to just under $5. Still a lot of money to spend for a contest. I have been waiting to get my npn coupon but still nothing in the mail. So I waited till last night which would have been the last day of the sale to see if my coupon would arrive but nothing so I decided to just go buy a pack. Of course I got there and the sale price tag was gone and I wondered if it had been a 1 day sale. All that was priced on the shelves was the single packs at $2.94. I decided to grab a box which also had a $1 coupon on them and go price it out. Imagine my surprise when the 5pk box that was originally priced at over $11 came up at the same price as the single packs of $2.94 plus the $1 coupon off them. Needless to say I grabbed 8 boxes. I probably looked crazy buying all those boxes but even if I don't win I got a great deal on the product. I honestly think someone goofed when pricing them but who am I to complain.

Now just waiting for the npn coupons to arrive.
LadyB
Received a kidney transplant September 1, 2018. Be a donor
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
1846 posts
3050 upvotes
ladyb wrote:
Feb 17th, 2018 4:56 pm
So...any red envelopes???
Nope. But inside the box is a coupon for a free product. So that's a plus. I went back with my free product coupons to buy more and the price I paid is a clearance price. So loblaws is clearing them out. It's the only store I found the product at so I don't know what I am going to do when my other coupons come in. I might not be able to find the product.
Nov 4, 2010
148 posts
64 upvotes
Vancouver
So did we conclude nobody won any of Fido's flip game prizes? And not just one prize...hundreds of them...I feel like they never gave any out but no way to find out.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2009
3641 posts
20866 upvotes
North York
malarkey01 wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2018 3:04 am
So did we conclude nobody won any of Fido's flip game prizes? And not just one prize...hundreds of them...I feel like they never gave any out but no way to find out.
Have you tried contacting them thru mail or social media?
Nov 4, 2010
148 posts
64 upvotes
Vancouver
Rosibal wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2018 11:17 am
Have you tried contacting them thru mail or social media?
Yes, they just say that they won't disclose any information.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
4130 posts
15964 upvotes
Halifax
I wonder if twitter banning automated retweet accounts means that the contest bots will disappear.

http://www.cbc.ca/1.4546561

The San Francisco-based social network also said it would not allow people to use software to simultaneously perform other actions such as liking or retweeting from multiple accounts.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
4130 posts
15964 upvotes
Halifax
Spent some time clearing out old accounts from my twitter following/followers list. I’m always amazed at how many defunct accounts there are, Twitter should delete accounts that don’t tweet for a year or more.
May 25, 2015
128 posts
71 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Has anyone received their KitchenAid mixer or accessory from the Rogers contest?

Rogers
Deal Guru
Jan 11, 2013
14186 posts
4090 upvotes
Toronto
MCJD83 wrote:
Feb 27th, 2018 1:32 pm
Has anyone received their KitchenAid mixer or accessory from the Rogers contest?

Rogers
No. I reached out last week and they said they've sent the winning list to the KitchenAid rep and that they'd follow up.
Wishing everyone a lucky 2018!
Dec 25, 2010
271 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto
malarkey01 wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2018 3:04 am
On the Fido forum, a couple of people have come forward saying they were contacted recently via email saying they won. They will be putting a list up of all the winners apparently. Over 9 million entries? And here I thought I had a good shot at winning!
Oct 24, 2017
29 posts
31 upvotes
Ottawa
I haven't either, but I've been touching base with my Lantic Rogers contact who's been following up with the KitchenAid rep for my prize.
Her last email to me read: "Apologies for the delay, you will definitely get your prize. Don't worry, i'll reach out and get back to you as soon as I can. Please don't hesitate to keep contacting me".
I will update any progress on my end!
Last edited by mandykayluck on Mar 2nd, 2018 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.