Contests

[Other] Contest Discussion(s)

May 25, 2015
119 posts
67 upvotes
Calgary, AB
panzz wrote:
Mar 19th, 2018 8:44 pm
Sorry - I won it around 2 weeks prior to contest ending. Since you live in Calgary it might take a bit longer? As they ship from Toronto and I'm from Toronto. I hope you get something better than my muffin tins.
Thanks. If I do get the muffin tin, we will have to exchange recipes Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Apr 3, 2010
402 posts
280 upvotes
I just want to show people an example of what the "Community Wiki" looks like on Slickdeals.net:

https://slickdeals.net/f/10863771-begin ... rchV2Algo1

So between the original post and the other comments, there is a space called the Community Wiki, where people can post information relevant to the contest, such as codes, all in one place. That saves having to scroll through oodles of "thank you"s and "lcm"s, just to find some new code or new info. I would highly recommend RFD adopting this system in the contest forum.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2011
9179 posts
13984 upvotes
Hotdiggety wrote:
Mar 21st, 2018 8:05 am
I just want to show people an example of what the "Community Wiki" looks like on Slickdeals.net:

So between the original post and the other comments, there is a space called the Community Wiki, where people can post information relevant to the contest, such as codes, all in one place. That saves having to scroll through oodles of "thank you"s and "lcm"s, just to find some new code or new info. I would highly recommend RFD adopting this system in the contest forum.
You could propose this in the site comments section.
The downside is that those posting the codes would not get thanked.
Aug 4, 2008
982 posts
2801 upvotes
Ontario
Hotdiggety wrote:

how many threads is this going on? 2018-05-01-mac-cus-convenience-stores-i ... 7-2175981/
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
4092 posts
15961 upvotes
Halifax
Anyone else looking critically at Facebook logins for your contesting this week? So many contest apps have the fb plugin. But it’s not like I have a lot of personal stuff on my fb, mostly just contests, and we always knew they were farming your data.

I guess if they want to try and determine what kind of contests I enter, my info might be useful to them. ;)
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
4092 posts
15961 upvotes
Halifax
Hotdiggety wrote:

When I have a contest with a code on RFD, I just save the thread. It’s not difficult to see the codes.

And as a poster, having to go to another section and another thread to post the contest again just to list codes, seems like double posting?

I’m always for whatever the RFD gods decide to do, but what we do now works for me.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
9625 posts
14483 upvotes
Scarborough
Hotdiggety wrote:

RFD already has this feature but it hasn't been turned on for the Contests forum. Does anyone have any objection to us turning it on in here?
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Deal Expert
Dec 22, 2006
39045 posts
29488 upvotes
Economy
Will the codes still appear in the original thread?
If not, please don't turn it on.
Don't take life too seriously.
No one gets out alive anyway.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2006
4680 posts
6147 upvotes
Toronto
TomRFD wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2018 11:55 am
RFD already has this feature but it hasn't been turned on for the Contests forum. Does anyone have any objection to us turning it on in here?
I think it would be great. I subscribe to threads, but almost never get the emails when someone posts something new. That means I have to manually check the threads every day, and it would be MUCH easier if the codes were all at the top. Right now I have to scroll, scroll, scroll to find new posts, and often there aren't any and I'm wasting my time. I'd appreciate this upgrade!
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
4092 posts
15961 upvotes
Halifax
TomRFD wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2018 11:55 am
The Slickdeals threads are awful to look at, would the feature change how our threads look?
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
9625 posts
14483 upvotes
Scarborough
Tracydeanne wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2018 1:42 pm
The Slickdeals threads are awful to look at, would the feature change how our threads look?
Here's an example of a thread with a summary: air-miles-airmiles-megamiles-back-march ... s-2175258/

This is a rather large one with lots of content but it gives you an idea of where it is and how it looks.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Aug 4, 2008
982 posts
2801 upvotes
Ontario
I am happy with they way the threads are now, if I want to see new content I SUBSCRIBE to the thread and when there is a new post I get an email. I don't want to have to start bookmarking threads.
Apr 3, 2010
402 posts
280 upvotes
skeetersden wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2018 2:36 pm
I am happy with they way the threads are now, if I want to see new content I SUBSCRIBE to the thread and when there is a new post I get an email. I don't want to have to start bookmarking threads.
Okay, so there's one objection here. For most other people, I can't imagine that being inundated with spam is the most efficient way of looking for new info on a contest.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
4092 posts
15961 upvotes
Halifax
I think I’ve already said I like the way it’s set up now. If we’re registering yays and nays.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)