Contests

[Other] Contest Discussion(s)

Aug 4, 2008
991 posts
2814 upvotes
Ontario
spamgirl wrote:
Mar 24th, 2018 2:21 pm
I subscribed to the Mac's thread, and chose "instantly by email". I have yet to receive a single email, but my email address works just fine. This is why a summary would be nice, since I *never* get the emails.
to get the instant emails you have to also turn "My Notifications" off
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2006
4682 posts
6147 upvotes
Toronto
skeetersden wrote:
Mar 24th, 2018 8:09 pm
to get the instant emails you have to also turn "My Notifications" off
That's ridiculous that you can't have both, and that it doesn't automatically set to no if you set the emails on. Thanks for letting me know, we'll see if this works now. It hasn't worked for me on any thread since the forum upgrade.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
15882 posts
20545 upvotes
ONTARIO
Rosibal wrote:
Mar 25th, 2018 8:08 pm
Does anyone know or is subscribed for Freelotto.com? I'd like to know if this is legit. Here are the rules: https://www.freelotto.com/rules

Thanks
Well my MalwareBytes completely blocks the site for being malicious.
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
20331 posts
135106 upvotes
GTA
Rosibal wrote:
Does anyone know or is subscribed for Freelotto.com? I'd like to know if this is legit. Here are the rules: https://www.freelotto.com/rules

Thanks
I remember that - I was actually was subscribed years ago, but personally I don't think it's worth the time/seems a bit fishy. If you look at the 'recent' millionaires on the first page, most of them are from 2011-2012. The chances of getting some kind of payout from them are likely far worse than playing legit OLG lotteries, LOL.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2006
1779 posts
1173 upvotes
Toronto
Rosibal wrote:

Thanks
I was subscribed in the early 00's, and don't remember why I stopped playing. I wouldn't go back now though, because it does seem sketchy.
Aug 4, 2008
991 posts
2814 upvotes
Ontario
spamgirl wrote:
Mar 25th, 2018 2:14 pm
That's ridiculous that you can't have both, and that it doesn't automatically set to no if you set the emails on. Thanks for letting me know, we'll see if this works now. It hasn't worked for me on any thread since the forum upgrade.
you have to set it that way for each individual thread you want to get emails from
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
4128 posts
15963 upvotes
Halifax
Does anyone enter the Real Maple Syrup contests on social media? It’s a company from the UK.

Just saw someone saying they won one of these, and instead of the prize in the picture, the prize they got was a ketchup packet sample size of syrup.

Just FYI, they seem to post a lot of Contests.
Aug 4, 2008
991 posts
2814 upvotes
Ontario
Tracydeanne wrote:
Mar 26th, 2018 12:19 pm
Does anyone enter the Real Maple Syrup contests on social media? It’s a company from the UK.

Just saw someone saying they won one of these, and instead of the prize in the picture, the prize they got was a ketchup packet sample size of syrup.

Just FYI, they seem to post a lot of Contests.
I think it's Pure Maple Syrup, and no I don't follow as they are based in the UK, and pretty sure they didn't ask if it was open to Canada before they entered it.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
4128 posts
15963 upvotes
Halifax
skeetersden wrote:
Mar 26th, 2018 12:30 pm
I think it's Pure Maple Syrup, and no I don't follow as they are based in the UK, and pretty sure they didn't ask if it was open to Canada before they entered it.
Right, their handle is @realmaplesyrup on twitter.

Their contests say open worldwide.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2009
3904 posts
5385 upvotes
Ontario
I took a chance on a Long Tall Sally contest on Twitter-have to find the 5 Easter Eggs on their website and list the product names or numbers to try to win a chocolate prize basket from Cocoa Runners. Will see if I win a UK contest or not.
Seeking shopping sprees or a pot of gold.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
15567 posts
3827 upvotes
Found another use for my Google Home Mini...use it to do the STQs for you. Much better than a calculator and it responds to my voice...
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2015
3763 posts
27012 upvotes
DougO wrote:
Apr 3rd, 2018 3:50 pm
Found another use for my Google Home Mini...use it to do the STQs for you. Much better than a calculator and it responds to my voice...
Very clever DougO.