Contests

[Other] Contest Discussion(s)

May 25, 2015
128 posts
71 upvotes
Calgary, AB
shanegroup1 wrote:
Apr 19th, 2018 4:31 pm
I got both my flashlight and gift card a few weeks ago. I won at the beginning of the contest.
I just received the flashlights, but not the gift cards. Both were won in the first few days of the contest so I guess there it doesn't correlate to when you won.
May 14, 2015
47 posts
54 upvotes
Toronto
I received ford copy of the yellow sport car, came by fedex last Thursday. but didnt got my gift cards
Oct 24, 2017
29 posts
31 upvotes
Ottawa
MCJD83 wrote:
May 6th, 2018 9:06 am
I just received the flashlights, but not the gift cards. Both were won in the first few days of the contest so I guess there it doesn't correlate to when you won.
I haven't received both gas cards yet....I won on March 6th and it's been well over 8 weeks. Does anyone have the contact for the sponsor?
Penalty Box
Feb 11, 2015
1056 posts
13946 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Anyways, just been thinking about things, you know, the world, contests. I don't support banning on any level because it's being selective. Who are they to command control when they are in rendition being sponsored and even if they pulled the strings, they are the 3rd party. Also, if you have a mindset of everything and everyone, you should support the contests. I don't like rules when the rules are being enforced that they seem to make you want to run errands when they choose you or don't let you take full advantage or make finite points like impark when they can't enforce. I got used to it, but recently, wasted a tree of paper having to initial 13 pages of rules. Also, the mlse people were seemingly cutting down on marlies tickets. They confiscated a set we won and said that it was their right. I didn't like it, made my point, and left it as is. I don't know. Do they think contesters sit at their computers all day and enter contests to make a living? I'm trying to have fun and more importantly recreation. These contests I don't even count as wins, and were seemingly the only recent wins. I know I entered, but the leafs were in action, when they got out, hockey season over. Couldn't get to a finals game because of the long drive. Time to enter the dailies again. Seems some people are winning things putting in the time. Anyways, like a cigarette when you need one. Good luck all.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2006
4682 posts
6147 upvotes
Toronto
Hi all, I just wanted to thank all of you for the many years of helping others, including myself. I've won lots of stuff over time, and I'm sure most of it can be attributed to this forum. The downturn in contest wins I had last year has been the final nail in the coffin, and I've decided to give up contesting and instead work during that time to pay off my debt. I wish you all great luck in the years ahead, and thank you again!
Penalty Box
Feb 11, 2015
1056 posts
13946 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I guess we all like winning. I doubt I'll quit contests, but I don't mind it if the wins are being shared. The problem with being fair is that the board isn't even. We all try to be fair, but find not winning gets us entering more, and the chances of winning something you can really use or that seemingly not that many people want is higher. Tides are like rules. I only see one body of water at any one point. I think if they want to be sneaky, I won't because it's something that doesn't work. If they lock doors, another has to open. If the roof had an option, we'd all stay put but the birds in the trees on my level are saying let's live. If they want to run killswitches, that's the only time I see tides

I think that division amongst the people is imposed by centricity. With the balance in tow, we only wreck the whole to impose a will for one, but which one is truly right if it's not ourself. To put red lights and not give the green to anyone is silly. Waiting your turn is fine. If time is to be mandated, than the meters should grow some roots. The only backbone for a real city in this is the people's will. Not shouting from the rooftop, but trying to root past the relaxed cerebellum of a brain that simply does and is in fact becoming a closed circuit to a world in motion simply because of its ability to function in all and yet somehow one form.

And I realize I wrote bodies of water, but rivers are like hands. Part but not whole, I guess. Also, if you're thinking of a boat in the middle of both oceans, if you were in the middle, you can close the book. Life doesn't have that many books for you unless you carry an apple with ya I guess.

And SpamGirl, Good Luck To Ya!

And to most, I'm probably not talking to you, but maybe I am?!

and this whole thing, I didn't mean it in the money sense. it's more like t.p..along with you for the ride. I don't know many people that carry t.p for when they're out in reality. This was more about the excommunication process, if it exists, and it seems some things may be closing and imposing unfit regulation like doomsday prophets preaching about "bad" people.

What list?....those that thing money is holy. Holy cow! What's time? Ah well. time to close this. don't know why i'm adding to it, i should be out multiplying!!!!?

and if i'm not giving respect, where respect is due. it's only cuz things seem to go in circles anyways. finished with this. your eyes should relax and do what you enjoy doing again. I'll probably enter something today. not all is lost lol.
Last edited by stinastr on May 9th, 2018 11:26 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
15585 posts
3828 upvotes
spamgirl wrote:
May 9th, 2018 10:54 pm
Hi all, I just wanted to thank all of you for the many years of helping others, including myself. I've won lots of stuff over time, and I'm sure most of it can be attributed to this forum. The downturn in contest wins I had last year has been the final nail in the coffin, and I've decided to give up contesting and instead work during that time to pay off my debt. I wish you all great luck in the years ahead, and thank you again!
Sorry to see you go. Good luck (always)...
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2006
1780 posts
1173 upvotes
Toronto
spamgirl wrote:
You've been a great contributor and member of the forum too, so it will be sad to see you go. I hope that you change your mind soon though, and join us again to contest and win!
Dec 19, 2010
636 posts
4950 upvotes
Vancouver
spamgirl wrote:
I'm feeling this way too. Heading on vacation and moving this month so will be taking a little break anyway. Realistically, you can probably gain more out of working harder at your career anyway ;)
Jul 30, 2007
259 posts
1866 upvotes
Toronto
mandykayluck wrote:
May 7th, 2018 1:58 pm
I haven't received both gas cards yet....I won on March 6th and it's been well over 8 weeks. Does anyone have the contact for the sponsor?
I got both my gas cards today :)
Oct 24, 2017
29 posts
31 upvotes
Ottawa
panzz wrote:
May 15th, 2018 7:40 pm
I got both my gas cards today :)
I meant to send a note yesterday evening....I received mine as well!!! Thanks again to the OP who posted the contest.
Penalty Box
Feb 11, 2015
1056 posts
13946 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Just got my shell gift cards too. Thanks to wikki for mentioning he won the gift card, and dielan mentioning it's happening over and over. Wouldn't have won much beyond the flashlights I won. Got all the gift cards, but no flashlights. I'm fine with it.

Good luck all.
Nov 27, 2003
487 posts
1150 upvotes
Iron Bridge
I received two $22 Shell GCs by expedited parcel, Canada Post today (May 16, 2018) from my March 6 wins so yours should be on the way soon.
Penalty Box
Feb 11, 2015
1056 posts
13946 upvotes
Toronto, ON
So, I'm still trying to be the better person. Trying not to make money my goal, so not entering contests that are a definite no, but all maybe's and yes's are considered.

On that note, 4 people I know received their gift cards. I won the flashlights first. Is this a sign I'm bucking out too much, and yet the Raptors are milwaukeeing around coaches for season's corner.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
15585 posts
3828 upvotes
stinastr wrote:
May 18th, 2018 3:42 am
So, I'm still trying to be the better person. Trying not to make money my goal, so not entering contests that are a definite no, but all maybe's and yes's are considered.

On that note, 4 people I know received their gift cards. I won the flashlights first. Is this a sign I'm bucking out too much, and yet the Raptors are milwaukeeing around coaches for season's corner.
Yeah, I hear you. Gone are the days when I could come here and see a new page every week with winners. Now it takes months for a page of winners to turn. But some of us here are still doing good at it. I (alas) am not one of them. No gift cards, no cash, no trips, no more electronics, not even coupons. A bad year so far. Not quitting though but not putting hours and hours into it anymore. Dunno if it's just sponsors looking at other ways to spend their advertising dollars or just too many people into it now. We'll never see the days again of so many winners doing $20K+ per year. A scant few list those amounts but its not a large number as it was 8 years ago...

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 0 guests)

skeetersden, ccmp1974