[Other] Contest Discussion(s)

Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2006
1779 posts
1173 upvotes
Toronto
cassandrasch wrote:
May 29th, 2018 12:04 pm
Hello, Is anyone familiar with Fair Share Marketing or know which contest(s) they may be affiliated with? I just had a missed call, however no voicemail was left.
Since you're in Ontario, it could have been a survey about the upcoming election?
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
15568 posts
3827 upvotes
MrManager wrote:
May 29th, 2018 12:26 pm
How long did it take people to win their first contest?
Looks like my real-life luck (or lack of) with never winning anything is carrying over to here.
I've been diligently entering as much as I can since December and nothing yet. I can't even manage to win the Bud cooler or $10 amazon GC that everyone else is getting.
Keep trying on the Bud as it is on for 30 days.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2009
3911 posts
5387 upvotes
Ontario
MrManager wrote:
Looks like my real-life luck (or lack of) with never winning anything is carrying over to here.
I've been diligently entering as much as I can since December and nothing yet. I can't even manage to win the Bud cooler or $10 amazon GC that everyone else is getting.
First contest? Cannot say. Still keep thinking about the time I won a snow shovel from the Canada Post contest about 6 or 7 years ago. Got shovel in February and by the following winter, the shovel broke. Did manage to win a $50 Sears gift card in one of Xmas online games-that was most welcome (online shopping-yes!). And in January 2017, won a $50 e-gift card from another online entity. But aside from Monopoly food prizes at McDonald's, I have yet to really win anything substantial (like a paid expenses trip, $1000 or more, computer or laptop, K-pop concert tickets).
I suggest you continue to enter online contests and keep alert to in-store contest ballots around holidays-never know when a gift basket or prize pack is coming with your name on it!
Seeking shopping sprees or a pot of gold.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
15568 posts
3827 upvotes
"How long did it take people to win their first contest?"

2 weeks from entering my first contest at age 16. That would put the date sometime in 1972. It was a hand held calculator. I still have it...
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2006
1779 posts
1173 upvotes
Toronto
DougO wrote:
May 30th, 2018 11:32 pm
"How long did it take people to win their first contest?"

2 weeks from entering my first contest at age 16. That would put the date sometime in 1972. It was a hand held calculator. I still have it...
It wasn't from Radio Shack, was it? I won tickets to see Elvis in Buffalo (or maybe Niagara Falls, NY), and there were a lot of smaller prizes in that contest too, lol.
Mar 7, 2009
284 posts
1242 upvotes
Bowmanville
MrManager wrote:
The first time I entered an online contest was early 2012. It was a one-time entry and I won $3,000. I had trouble believing I really won until they came to give me a cheque and take a photo. That was the beginning of my entering contests.
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2007
2261 posts
296 upvotes
MrManager wrote:
Stick with it man. I entered contests for close to two years and only won a few small things. I mostly entered contests that were worth my time and avoided contests that required a daily entry for a small prize. Eventually, I broke through and ended up winning about $30,000. I felt the same way as you did, unlucky, and it was a real grind too. But eventually the wins will come.

Good luck!
Jun 6, 2012
249 posts
3979 upvotes
Saskatchewan
MrManager wrote:
I think it was about a year and a half before I won something I was excited about. Probably took about 5 or 6 months to win my first prize which I think was a $10 gift card.

Contesting is a rollercoaster (as someone else said). But stick with it. Eventually something great should come your way. (I hope!)
Mar 7, 2009
284 posts
1242 upvotes
Bowmanville
Those who won and received the Budweiser/Ruffles cooler - > what company did it arrive via?

My friend down the street had a "Missed delivery" notice stuck on her door from Canpar. But it had someone else's name on it that she doesn't recognize as a neighbour.

When I walked home, I also discovered a "missed delivery" notice from Canpar on my door, addressed to someone I never heard of either.

We both phoned Canpar, who seemed surprised to discover these people did not live at these addresses. Canpar insisted there's nothing being held/delivered in my name or to my address otherwise.

So strange.
Jan 24, 2016
29 posts
67 upvotes
Creignish
Kesali wrote:
Jun 7th, 2018 2:05 pm
Those who won and received the Budweiser/Ruffles cooler - > what company did it arrive via?

My friend down the street had a "Missed delivery" notice stuck on her door from Canpar. But it had someone else's name on it that she doesn't recognize as a neighbour.

When I walked home, I also discovered a "missed delivery" notice from Canpar on my door, addressed to someone I never heard of either.

We both phoned Canpar, who seemed surprised to discover these people did not live at these addresses. Canpar insisted there's nothing being held/delivered in my name or to my address otherwise.

So strange.
I saw someone posted UPS.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
15884 posts
20547 upvotes
ONTARIO
For those that have received the vintage cooler from budweiser/ruffles contest, did it come via CanPar?

CanPar came to the door today with a package. The address was correct but the name was completely wrong (someone named Anna) so I didn't sign for it.
The box looked like the size of the cooler (going off of @DougO picture), so I assume that's what it was.
May 6, 2009
101 posts
164 upvotes
Hamilton
@BobSagget Yes it was Canpar that delivered my cooler
Wins
2018 - $8650 to date
2017 - $15,275 (2 trips) 2016 - $18,645 (2 trips) 2015 - $9,250 (1 trip) 2014 - $8,200 (1 trip) 2013 - $36,145 (1 car & 2 trips) 2012 - $8600 (2 trips)
Jan 13, 2007
695 posts
986 upvotes
BobSagget wrote:
Jun 7th, 2018 3:02 pm
For those that have received the vintage cooler from budweiser/ruffles contest, did it come via CanPar?

CanPar came to the door today with a package. The address was correct but the name was completely wrong (someone named Anna) so I didn't sign for it.
The box looked like the size of the cooler (going off of @DougO picture), so I assume that's what it was.
I just came home to find a delivery notice from CanPar on my door too. Different nameon the slip too (not mine) . And I have to drive a distance to pick up.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
15884 posts
20547 upvotes
ONTARIO
harryone wrote:
Jun 7th, 2018 4:04 pm
I just came home to find a delivery notice from CanPar on my door too. Different nameon the slip too (not mine) . And I have to drive a distance to pick up.
Hmm and another person in the contest win forum posted the same as well. Correct address wrong name. Looks like the company made a big mistake while printing the shipping labels!
Jan 24, 2014
635 posts
3433 upvotes
Calgary, AB
No issues here - Canpar left a delivery notice, which had my info on it and I went to Winks right beside our place to pick it up. Double checked the box and info is correct there as well!
2013 WINS: $13,300 - 2014 WINS: $16,860 - 2015 WINS: $13,430 - 2016 WINS: $5,565 - 2017 WINS: $7,985 - 2018 WINS: $6,205