Contests

[Other] Contest Discussion(s)

Deal Fanatic
Jan 7, 2016
5543 posts
5505 upvotes
GTA, ON
I got my cooler, delivered by Canpar. I missed delivery I picked it up at depot. Right info on slip and package.
Sep 30, 2001
26833 posts
5854 upvotes
Toronto
myself and another person also had the wrong name listed. in my case the delivery was refused thinking it didn't belong to me. i called the PR company to try and get this sorted out. it sounds like a large batch of coolers are being shipped with the wrong names :(
Don't talk about it, be about it
Mar 7, 2009
217 posts
1091 upvotes
Bowmanville
I just read an e-mail that my original post was moved here. I didn't realize I posted in the wrong forum.

So, to update, Canpar came back today and the delivery guy had no problem leaving me the cooler when I explained I won a cooler but it looked like the company messed up with the names. I mentioned my friend down the street who won one as well but had the wrong name on her notice. He said he just dropped it off before coming to my address.
Mar 31, 2010
1 posts
London
Aw man. I won a cooler as well and just got thinking it should have come by now. I did a quick Google search to see if I could figure out what was going on with it and found this thread. My concierge called me last week as I had a parcel from CanPar that had someone else's name on it. Then ended up sending the parcel back after I indicated I didn't know anyone of that name. Hopefully I can get another one sent, although I do feel bad for the company. That's a lot of extra work and money for them.
Jun 6, 2012
119 posts
1632 upvotes
Saskatoon, Saskatche…
Hi - has anyone won a prize with tripcentral.ca

I am thrilled to have won their Spring into Mexico contest, but have been frustrated trying to get it organized. I've corresponded with them for two months already and they still haven't confirmed the dates I requested.

I'm quite frustrated. The dates I requested are the end of November which I realize is 5 months in the future, but my friend and I have to make plans, get time off, etc. so need the dates of travel asap.

I'd like to hear from anyone who has won a travel prize to them, and what their experience has been. How long before your requested dates did they give you confirmation. And what travel company did you go with? I suspect by the fact that they always say the additional fees might be $470 per person they prefer to use Sunwing. Westjet and Air Canada's additional fees are less than $200.

Thanks for any info you can share. Still really excited about going.
Aug 27, 2012
5 posts
9 upvotes
Hamilton
I won a trip through K-LITE FM, but it was organized through tripcentral.ca - I found the woman who was in charge of booking everything was a little slow in the beginning getting back to me, so I remember feeling slightly annoyed but eventually everything went smoothly - I did not end up getting my first choice dates - but my second choice which was just as well. I won the trip at the end of July and ended up planning it for October.

They emailed me all the information (flight itinerary and hotel confirmation well in advance) Was overall a great experience. Have fun!!
Jun 6, 2012
119 posts
1632 upvotes
Saskatoon, Saskatche…
cassandrasch wrote:
Jun 11th, 2018 9:32 am
I won a trip through K-LITE FM, but it was organized through tripcentral.ca - I found the woman who was in charge of booking everything was a little slow in the beginning getting back to me, so I remember feeling slightly annoyed but eventually everything went smoothly - I did not end up getting my first choice dates - but my second choice which was just as well. I won the trip at the end of July and ended up planning it for October.

They emailed me all the information (flight itinerary and hotel confirmation well in advance) Was overall a great experience. Have fun!!
Thanks. Makes me feel hopeful.
Feb 28, 2018
14 posts
10 upvotes
MrManager wrote:
May 29th, 2018 12:26 pm
How long did it take people to win their first contest?
Looks like my real-life luck (or lack of) with never winning anything is carrying over to here.
I've been diligently entering as much as I can since December and nothing yet. I can't even manage to win the Bud cooler or $10 amazon GC that everyone else is getting.
I seem to be in the similar boat as you, except for the fact that I won the Bud Cooler (my first ever win!)
Still entering most of the contests everyday that I want to win, just like people here suggested. Hope something comes up soon. Fingers crossed!
Dec 8, 2008
88 posts
33 upvotes
Winnipeg
KaDubb wrote:
Jun 11th, 2018 5:52 am
Hi - has anyone won a prize with tripcentral.ca

I am thrilled to have won their Spring into Mexico contest, but have been frustrated trying to get it organized. I've corresponded with them for two months already and they still haven't confirmed the dates I requested.

I'm quite frustrated. The dates I requested are the end of November which I realize is 5 months in the future, but my friend and I have to make plans, get time off, etc. so need the dates of travel asap.

I'd like to hear from anyone who has won a travel prize to them, and what their experience has been. How long before your requested dates did they give you confirmation. And what travel company did you go with? I suspect by the fact that they always say the additional fees might be $470 per person they prefer to use Sunwing. Westjet and Air Canada's additional fees are less than $200.

Thanks for any info you can share. Still really excited about going.
Hi,

I won a trip about 18 months ago. My requested dates were only 3 month in advance. We don't live in Toronto and when we requested another departure city they ended up charging us an additional $50 each. They were great about everything. I was very pleased with the whole experience.
Not sure what you mean about travel company, everything went through them. They are a travel company.
Jun 6, 2012
119 posts
1632 upvotes
Saskatoon, Saskatche…
marmalade12 wrote:
Jun 11th, 2018 3:47 pm
Hi,

I won a trip about 18 months ago. My requested dates were only 3 month in advance. We don't live in Toronto and when we requested another departure city they ended up charging us an additional $50 each. They were great about everything. I was very pleased with the whole experience.
Not sure what you mean about travel company, everything went through them. They are a travel company.
Thanks. Good to know. (I meant, which airline did you go with. They sell a lot of different packages on their website - Sunwing, AC, Westjet, etc.)

Looking forward to the trip.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
1707 posts
2930 upvotes
Has anyone who has won a cooler not had one delivered to them yet whether it be with the right name or wrong name?
Aug 27, 2012
5 posts
9 upvotes
Hamilton
Just wondering if any Canadians have won anything from the daily contests and reviews giveaway sites such as Womens Day, Steamy Kitchen or Leite's Culinaria and if it's worth continuing to enter these on a daily basis? Thanks!
Dec 8, 2008
9 posts
gofforever wrote:
Jun 13th, 2018 7:48 am
Has anyone who has won a cooler not had one delivered to them yet whether it be with the right name or wrong name?
I won May 29 and mine has not come. I emailed yesterday to ask when it would be coming & so far no answer. I suspect it had wrong name on it & was sent back as I live in a town where the driver knows our name as we get Amazon stuff delivered frequently. When I hear back I will post.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
1707 posts
2930 upvotes
billyjack2 wrote:
Jun 13th, 2018 10:16 am
I won May 29 and mine has not come. I emailed yesterday to ask when it would be coming & so far no answer. I suspect it had wrong name on it & was sent back as I live in a town where the driver knows our name as we get Amazon stuff delivered frequently. When I hear back I will post.
Thanks. My husband also won on the 29th. Perhaps they are holding off trying to get this address mess sorted out.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

Wenda1