Contests

[Other] Contest Discussion(s)

Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2006
1756 posts
1159 upvotes
Toronto
I just missed a DHL delivery, but all I can determine is that it was shipped from Atlanta, GA yesterday. Did anyone else get a DHL delivery or notice today?
Apr 26, 2010
205 posts
236 upvotes
Alberta
pickmepickme wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2018 1:19 pm
I just missed a DHL delivery, but all I can determine is that it was shipped from Atlanta, GA yesterday. Did anyone else get a DHL delivery or notice today?
I missed a DHL delivery from Atlanta, GA as well today! I'm not too sure what it is.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2006
1756 posts
1159 upvotes
Toronto
The only prize that I'm waiting for is a $100 Mastercard from the July SDM contest. Did you win on that one too?
Jul 30, 2007
254 posts
1683 upvotes
Toronto
gofforever wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2018 12:06 pm
Did you get anything? I haven't. Contest ends at the end of the month and it doesn't look hopeful that I will get a pin.
Nope :( - first time I used lined paper so not sure if it mattered. Tried it a second time with plain white mid-July and nothing. Ugh so annoyed cus wasted stamps.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
1766 posts
2987 upvotes
panzz wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2018 8:31 pm
Nope :( - first time I used lined paper so not sure if it mattered. Tried it a second time with plain white mid-July and nothing. Ugh so annoyed cus wasted stamps.
I just sent the one in on plain paper. I guess they really don't want a no purchase entry to win.
Sep 9, 2007
611 posts
64 upvotes
Bridgewater
cassandrasch wrote:
Jul 12th, 2018 10:59 am
Anyone else notice that Canadian Goodreads Giveaways have completely dropped off? There has been nothing new really listed in almost a month. I have to admit I'm a little bummed.. I really enjoyed entering and the little thrill of winning new books :*(
I noticed that too..I won 1 book in the beginning of June and never received that. It use to take hours to fill out tons of books..now its no time at all.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2008
8096 posts
48298 upvotes
pickmepickme wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2018 7:20 pm
The only prize that I'm waiting for is a $100 Mastercard from the July SDM contest. Did you win on that one too?
I got my gift card today from this contest via FedEx express and it came from Atlanta
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2006
1756 posts
1159 upvotes
Toronto
Farseer wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2018 10:46 pm
I got my gift card today from this contest via FedEx express and it came from Atlanta
Thanks. I'm guessing that's what the DHL missed delivery was then. They probably use different services in different areas. I'm in Toronto. Where are you?
Jan 30, 2016
300 posts
656 upvotes
Halifax, NS
I just checked my spreadsheets from the last two years when I started, and I’ve entered about 150 less contests this year. Is it just me? Have I slowed down or have the contests?
Penalty Box
Feb 11, 2015
979 posts
13056 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Just wanted to mention, for those entering contests daily. It's worth it to look into the "Others" tab for contests, and bookmark those contests. Some are daily, some aren't but I usually find there is 1, 2 or more contests that you can play daily that you'd miss if you didn't look in that tab once in a while and bookmark. Good luck!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2008
8096 posts
48298 upvotes
pickmepickme wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2018 11:05 pm
Thanks. I'm guessing that's what the DHL missed delivery was then. They probably use different services in different areas. I'm in Toronto. Where are you?
I'm in Caledonia, south of Hamilton
Nov 27, 2012
27 posts
53 upvotes
HALIFAX
gofforever wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2018 9:36 pm
I just sent the one in on plain paper. I guess they really don't want a no purchase entry to win.
I tried a couple different variations with no response to date
2018 Wins To Date (6) $1128
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
1766 posts
2987 upvotes
jdmorrow74 wrote:
Aug 4th, 2018 12:26 pm
I tried a couple different variations with no response to date
Sad. I'm glad I didn't sen in more than one request. I would email the company and complain but right in their rules it states you get a code while supplies last, so they probably would just tell me they ran out even though I sent it in at the beginning.
Jun 6, 2012
196 posts
3072 upvotes
Saskatchewan
Unlimited Entry Contests - I'm curious to find out how many people enter unlimited entry contests. They seem so bizarre, and I don't really understand them. I recently entered one because I really wanted the prize, but wow - it took a LOT of time. I didn't win either :(

Just curious what other people think of them, and if they enter. And how many times do you enter? Hundreds? Thousands? Tens of thousands?