[Other] Contest Discussion(s)

Deal Expert
Dec 22, 2006
39109 posts
29873 upvotes
Economy
KaDubb wrote:
Aug 5th, 2018 11:51 am
Unlimited Entry Contests - I'm curious to find out how many people enter unlimited entry contests. They seem so bizarre, and I don't really understand them. I recently entered one because I really wanted the prize, but wow - it took a LOT of time. I didn't win either :(

Just curious what other people think of them, and if they enter. And how many times do you enter? Hundreds? Thousands? Tens of thousands?
I enter them as if they are daily.
Don't take life too seriously.
No one gets out alive anyway.
Jun 6, 2012
233 posts
3607 upvotes
Saskatchewan
valeriey wrote:
Aug 5th, 2018 1:03 pm
I enter them as if they are daily.
Smart! I'll implement that. Thanks.
Jan 28, 2018
76 posts
48 upvotes
Anyone else enter the insurance bureau flood trivia contest daily from start to finish and not even win the $10 gift card?
:facepalm:
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2006
1772 posts
1170 upvotes
Toronto
MrManager wrote:
Aug 6th, 2018 8:47 am
Anyone else enter the insurance bureau flood trivia contest daily from start to finish and not even win the $10 gift card?
That would be me!
Jan 16, 2012
498 posts
4692 upvotes
Ontario
ImagineCH wrote:
Aug 4th, 2018 5:54 am
I just checked my spreadsheets from the last two years when I started, and I’ve entered about 150 less contests this year. Is it just me? Have I slowed down or have the contests?
I don't have exact contest #'s - but I keep track of my hours. It takes me less than 30 minutes a day to stay on top of new contests/dailys. It use to take 45-minutes to an hour.
2018 2 wins/$7,100 2017 8 wins/$9,088 2016 - 16 win/$8,960 2015 - 20 wins/$6,333 2014 - 19 wins/$1,187 2013 - 22 wins/$1,664, 2012 - 21 wins/$10,259, 2011 - 1 win/$5,000
Dec 26, 2010
450 posts
4400 upvotes
MrManager wrote:
Aug 6th, 2018 8:47 am
Same here.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
15379 posts
3738 upvotes
KaDubb wrote:
Aug 5th, 2018 11:51 am
Unlimited Entry Contests - I'm curious to find out how many people enter unlimited entry contests. They seem so bizarre, and I don't really understand them. I recently entered one because I really wanted the prize, but wow - it took a LOT of time. I didn't win either :(

Just curious what other people think of them, and if they enter. And how many times do you enter? Hundreds? Thousands? Tens of thousands?
I usually don't bother with them anymore and have never won a thing from one of them. That also goes for the worldwide contests. I've never won a major prize from a US based contest either after 45 years of trying.
Mar 31, 2013
154 posts
833 upvotes
Courtenay, BC
Is anyone else out there fed up with the captchas now? I went for probably years with rarely ever having to enter one, now I have to enter every one..........and those damn street sign ones are driving me crazy! The squares almost always align with the edge of a sign, is it in or out? I often have to try 5-7 times, and I swear I have gone as many as 15 - 20 times before getting it to go through......And, forget about using the spoken clues, it is blurted out so fast I can't make out what is said......
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
15379 posts
3738 upvotes
phantomfj wrote:
Aug 8th, 2018 6:53 pm
Is anyone else out there fed up with the captchas now? I went for probably years with rarely ever having to enter one, now I have to enter every one..........and those damn street sign ones are driving me crazy! The squares almost always align with the edge of a sign, is it in or out? I often have to try 5-7 times, and I swear I have gone as many as 15 - 20 times before getting it to go through......And, forget about using the spoken clues, it is blurted out so fast I can't make out what is said......
Some nights I get them, some nights they are non existent. I usually only have to do them once or twice. I use the skip button until I find one that is easy to do. Sure saves time...
Mar 31, 2013
154 posts
833 upvotes
Courtenay, BC
DougO wrote:
Aug 8th, 2018 11:16 pm
Some nights I get them, some nights they are non existent. I usually only have to do them once or twice. I use the skip button until I find one that is easy to do. Sure saves time...
I wish I could use the skip button, all I keep getting are those damn street sign ones.......... last time I tried to skip until they stopped(they never did), then the captcha locked me out because it thought I was a bot!
I suppose it could be because I use a VPN, but I used one for well over a year before this garbage started.......
Jan 28, 2018
76 posts
48 upvotes
phantomfj wrote:
Aug 8th, 2018 6:53 pm
Yes.. captchas are the worst. Some days I never get them and other days I get them every time. Bring back non-vague numbers/letters please!
Sometimes I get ones that are "select all cars" where it's a zoomed in busy 4 lane highway where I have to select every square or "select all roads" where it's a zoomed in road. So ridiculous.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2011
9207 posts
14030 upvotes
MrManager wrote:
Aug 9th, 2018 6:16 am
Yes.. captchas are the worst. Some days I never get them and other days I get them every time. Bring back non-vague numbers/letters please!
Sometimes I get ones that are "select all cars" where it's a zoomed in busy 4 lane highway where I have to select every square or "select all roads" where it's a zoomed in road. So ridiculous.
Given my inability to recognize street signs, cars, roads etc I really should not be legal to drive.
Aug 6, 2018
10 posts
18 upvotes
Almost every contest asks me to solve the captcha. It either disappears everytime I click on the correct image or it locks me out saying my computer or network may be sending automated queries. I can't even enter contests anymore if they have a captcha. It automatically locks me out. I'm using Chrome, but i've tried explorer,etc with same results. I'm getting a tech guy to look at my computer tomorrow because this has been a problem for months and somethings gotta be wrong.