• Last Updated:
  • Mar 27th, 2024 4:32 pm
Tags:
May 31, 2009
516 posts
155 upvotes
Northern Ontario
pancakemeow wrote: omg guys.......

UGH i just found something in FB that i didn't know about and potentially people are missing out on prizes. I thought I knew a lot about FB I can't believe I didn't realize this..

But if you go into your messages, there is a folder called other.

Sometimes when companies private message you, the message goes to this "other" folder and not your main folder...the worst part is, there is no notification alert thingy that you normally get when someone PM's you.

I had 15 unopened messages and one was a win I got from back in june......... :-0

so check your "other" folder everyone!!!!!!!

yeah, I saw that posted, checked mine and no wins thank god.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2009
5741 posts
1406 upvotes

UGH i just found something in FB that i didn't know about and potentially people are missing out on prizes. I thought I knew a lot about FB I can't believe I didn't realize this..

Sometimes when companies private message you, the message goes to this "other" folder and not your main folder...the worst part is, there is no notification alert thingy that you normally get when someone PM's you.

I had 15 unopened messages and one was a win I got from back in june......... :-0

WOW thanks for the heads up. I never even noticed that folder before. No wins but good to know now to check it out.
Banned
Nov 27, 2009
698 posts
205 upvotes
MID TORONTO St clai…
Yeah I announced that on my STATUS UPDATE on FB last night and we had a discussion about it for I missed a contest I had won last month. THey sent me an but i never saw it for folder is not visible. Thanks to FB screwing around with settings once again.

So trust me, everyone CHECK your OTHER MESSAGES folder........I had about 15 messages from the last 6 weeks in there.

There was a contest where 5 people could win these great speakers for only $99 that I would have bought in a heart beat at that price.
They sent me a message saying I had won but had to respond to them before Aug 31 with info and buy them, or it would get passed to the next person.

The next person got lucky but i didnt :cry:
"Any more irrelevant comments to pull out of your ass?"
Banned
Nov 27, 2009
698 posts
205 upvotes
MID TORONTO St clai…
contestgeek wrote: Hi,

So I have this FB page set up and have been using it to enter 938456823 contests and I realized that I have 0 friends. I'm not sure if that will impact the decision of any of the contest organizers...but in case it does, any chance I can get my name added to that big old list of FB & twitter names?

I'd appreciate any adds I can get and will add any back in return.

Thanks a million and good luck to all.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002704185476
**I'm still not sure how to make the auto add thingy for Twitter...but my ID is ScottClubMember

Thanks again.

I have added you

you may want to read this

http://socialtimes.com/twitter-auto-fol ... ipts_b8638
Banned
Nov 27, 2009
698 posts
205 upvotes
MID TORONTO St clai…
contestgeek wrote: Hi,

So I have this FB page set up and have been using it to enter 938456823 contests and I realized that I have 0 friends. I'm not sure if that will impact the decision of any of the contest organizers...but in case it does, any chance I can get my name added to that big old list of FB & twitter names?

I'd appreciate any adds I can get and will add any back in return.

Thanks a million and good luck to all.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002704185476
**I'm still not sure how to make the auto add thingy for Twitter...but my ID is ScottClubMember

Thanks again.

I have added you

you may want to read this

http://socialtimes.com/twitter-auto-fol ... ipts_b8638

but there must be one thats free?

this one will add up to 250 for free automatically
http://tweetadder.com/download

this one is apparently free

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFIngYoeflo
Aug 11, 2011
39 posts
62 upvotes
LANGLEY
Hey,

Thanks for the add and the follow. I appreciate it.

I may not have been clear about the "auto add" thing. I was talking about the little short form link that takes you right to the persons twitter page and allows you to add them.

For a guy who runs a computer repair center, I'm kinda out of the loop on some of this new fangled social media stuff :o )

That being said...the links you provided me with are really cool and I will probably be utilizing them soon...thank you.
Aug 24, 2011
189 posts
409 upvotes
CALGARY

Glad to know about this .... of course when I checked mine it was just filled with random spam like stuff. Things like - "you look nice... email me at... blah blah blah" Yeesh. Guess I should be happy that there weren't any missed wins though!
Now I'm going to get specific... looking to win a trip to Tahiti, but Italy would do in a pinch!
:D
Jul 13, 2003
314 posts
1035 upvotes

OMG!! I just checked and I had 74 messages, 4 of which were wins that I missed out on!! Thanks for the post! I'll be sure to check there from now on.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2010
23809 posts
7673 upvotes
North Vancouver
jonnieh wrote: OMG!! I just checked and I had 74 messages, 4 of which were wins that I missed out on!! Thanks for the post! I'll be sure to check there from now on.

I had a message which was a marriage proposal! From a girl in Florida who I've never heard of! Darn, it could've been my biggest win ever!
Banned
Nov 27, 2009
698 posts
205 upvotes
MID TORONTO St clai…
For anyone somewhat frustrated trying to win a $9.99 bunny on the energizer draw. What appeared to others as my being a sore loser, since contesters are always loathe to complain about a fixed contest, was not a sore loser but someone that KNEW "something wasn't right"........those who have participated will know what i am taking about.

A post i just put on someones wall about the contest since i won one about 70 minutes after everyone was told they were all gone for the day, after many of us, myself included, were kicked out when trying to win, when we thought we had won, only to press a button to claim the prize and then getting kicked out and back to zero again........my win tonight 70 minutes later proves I was right all along and something wasn't entirely kosher about that "contest"

[QUOTE] I just won one at 10:10pm. What might have appeared to you or others as being a sore loser was not the case but suspicion that things weren't as they seemed. As I have said numerous times over the past 5 days, it makes no sense why people are being kicked off when there are 38 or so left....but i kept being told, which i knew was wrong, that in that 1/2 second, all the winners must have claimed them.

I am pretty much a geek with computers and I knew that was not right.......at 9;30 HALF an hour after it said they were all gone, another woman started to refresh and got one, as did a second, as did I s well but it took about 7 minutes of refreshing and i even took a screenshot afterwards to prove i have it----so, my point all along was right and in a sense it is fixed and unfair to keep kicking people out when it is more than clear now, that there are still several left but people want what they cant get, hence, the marketing of this $9.99 bunny--so no, not a sore loser, but one understanding it wasn't what they were saying, that t hey were all gone that quickly + I suspect other users might be able to refresh for about another 10 minutes at any time in the next 24 hours and come up with yet another one
[/QUOTE]

I am never a sore loser about not winning, but not impressed when I know that i am right and i am being told repeatedly that i am wrong, hence, making it appear as if I am a frustrated sore loser!
Deal Expert
Jun 27, 2008
19809 posts
378567 upvotes
Ottawa
so does that mean you got a rabbit.
bring back colour
Banned
Feb 25, 2007
2007 posts
792 upvotes
Woodbridge
I just did a little research on Royaldraw.com , there registred in Concord, Vaughan basically. funny how i used to work right next door to there unit at the Tent rental place.

check it out on whois in google
Go Big or Go Home! , Chi Chi Get the Yayo!
Banned
Feb 25, 2007
2007 posts
792 upvotes
Woodbridge
crappy bunny app on Facebook, every time i click on to get the bunny, it freezes and goes back to normal!
Go Big or Go Home! , Chi Chi Get the Yayo!
Jul 3, 2010
388 posts
2309 upvotes
Niagara Falls
ARGH, has anyone else had trouble entering their ticketmaster code for $10 off purchases from iCoke "VIP Concert Experiences" Contest ???????????????

Of course when I find something I actually want to buy tickets for, the code isn't working for me. When I submit my pin to get a ticketmaster it code it says "Sorry, try again tomorrow"

I wanna buy the tickets nowwww :cry:
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
2459 posts
489 upvotes
ShiksKev wrote: For anyone somewhat frustrated trying to win a $9.99 bunny on the energizer draw. What appeared to others as my being a sore loser, since contesters are always loathe to complain about a fixed contest, was not a sore loser but someone that KNEW "something wasn't right"........those who have participated will know what i am taking about.

A post i just put on someones wall about the contest since i won one about 70 minutes after everyone was told they were all gone for the day, after many of us, myself included, were kicked out when trying to win, when we thought we had won, only to press a button to claim the prize and then getting kicked out and back to zero again........my win tonight 70 minutes later proves I was right all along and something wasn't entirely kosher about that "contest"

I am never a sore loser about not winning, but not impressed when I know that i am right and i am being told repeatedly that i am wrong, hence, making it appear as if I am a frustrated sore loser!

I kept on refreshing it when it stayed on zero and nothing happened. Then like a few seconds later it resetted the timer wtf. This contest is bs!
Sep 9, 2011
2 posts
17 upvotes
VANCOUVER
I've been lurking through the posts for the last months or so and have been entering the contests that interest me. I've stuck to just website and FB contests since I not really a "twit"ter kinda guy and think texting contests seem risky. It was helpful to hear about the contest sites that are very likely fraudulent (freecomps etc) or very suspect (royalwin/RD) with extremely low chances to win. I would like to put forward a couple of things that have come to mind.

1. Is there any posting that specifies the likely fraudulent and the practically no chance sites?

It would be helpful to all to have all these bad actors listed in one place so everyone can avoid them all at once. I was one of the fools who were entering on freecomps/decogalore/mongobongo when I started out a month ago. I knew in the back of my mind that the absence of a captcha or script preventing mechanism made it likely that the site was fake but the prizes were too tempting to care (at the time). Once you start wasting your lifespan entering these draws, the allure dies fast.

2. Has anyone won a significant prize from Wannawin? Does anyone know what the odds are of winning a GC on the slot machine? Are there even any odds on that?

I've only won tokens. If nobody has ever won GCs from the slot machine then its a fraud or at least a waste of time.I don't think I saw any post any Ipad or 24"LCD monitor wins from them.

I did make an interesting discovery during their recent outage/upgrade. When the site first came back up I found the slot machine programming had a bug in it where it would always win tokens (YOU NEVER LOSE). I thought about racking up Dr. Evil Millions of tokens and blasting the draws but I thought it would eventually be discovered and then I'd be in for it. I emailed "Lucie" and let them know. They subsequently disabled the slot machine and I thought/hoped maybe I'd get a GC or something for my efforts. They just gave me 500 tokens. Maybe I should have taken my chances with Dr. Evil eheheeeh

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)