Contests

[Other] Contest Discussion(s)

Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
15573 posts
3827 upvotes
Thanks for those answers. Just have to win a trip contest now, which I have been unable to do in over 30 years but the question came up recently in talks with friends.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2009
3641 posts
20868 upvotes
North York
zyngasweater wrote:
Aug 31st, 2018 12:18 pm
Just wondering which contest wins are taxable.
None in Canada. Americans do need to report wins on their tax return.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2010
21886 posts
3264 upvotes
North Vancouver
Canadians winning money in the US need to file a special US tax form.

- As a non-resident alien, you'll pay 30% tax.... such as lottery win or lucky in Vegas
- Get it back hopefully by filing a 1040NR with the IRS (aka, U.S. Nonresident Alien Income Tax Return).
Dec 26, 2010
471 posts
4601 upvotes
Lol It's a holiday and, to my surprise, a postal delivery truck just drove in and delivered a large 12" by 9 1/2" envelope. I couldn't imagine what it was. Opened it and there, at the bottom, was the very tiny Pennzoil flashlight! I'd forgotten all about it.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2006
1779 posts
1173 upvotes
Toronto
Wenda1 wrote:
Sep 3rd, 2018 2:31 pm
Lol It's a holiday and, to my surprise, a postal delivery truck just drove in and delivered a large 12" by 9 1/2" envelope. I couldn't imagine what it was. Opened it and there, at the bottom, was the very tiny Pennzoil flashlight! I'd forgotten all about it.
Thank you so much for posting that! I won't get excited now, if I finally receive mine too.
Mar 7, 2009
284 posts
1242 upvotes
Bowmanville
Wenda1 wrote:
Oh yeah, I had forgotten as well! I was suppose to get one.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
15885 posts
20550 upvotes
ONTARIO
Wenda1 wrote:
While not contest related, I had a package from Amazon delivered yesterday from Canada Post.
Sadly I didn't even realize, so it sat outside the entire time until today.

I was expecting delivery today, so when I checked the tracking today, I was surprised to see it said it was delivered yesterday morning! Wonder why they were delivering packages on a holiday?
Aug 27, 2012
384 posts
633 upvotes
Anyone else not having any luck with winning? It's been a year since I've won anything worth mentioning :'(

WILLOW Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Dec 26, 2010
471 posts
4601 upvotes
onamonapia wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 4:25 pm
Anyone else not having any luck with winning? It's been a year since I've won anything worth mentioning :'(

WILLOW Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Does a Pennzoil flashlight count? Lol That's it for me!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 7, 2016
5958 posts
5683 upvotes
GTA, ON
BobSagget wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 1:18 pm
While not contest related, I had a package from Amazon delivered yesterday from Canada Post.

I was expecting delivery today, so when I checked the tracking today, I was surprised to see it said it was delivered yesterday morning! Wonder why they were delivering packages on a holiday?
I've noticed here in Toronto Amazon uses rental vans to deliver packages. I'm not sure if they are Canada Post or a sub-contractor but I see these vans full of Amazon packages being delivered. Maybe it was one of them. They seem to be delivering all the time.
Mar 7, 2009
284 posts
1242 upvotes
Bowmanville
Canada Post. At least out here east of Toronto. My daughter received her amazon.ca order on the holiday Monday as well.
Jan 11, 2017
148 posts
177 upvotes
I can win, its getting the damned prize thats hard...I feel sorry for the blogger I won this from as its still not here (was afathers day fb post to win a hallmark item)
winner from CasuGuru (toilet) and RockstarEnergy, Trojan
Deal Guru
Dec 17, 2001
11115 posts
4170 upvotes
Brossard, Quebec
BobSagget wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 1:18 pm

I sometimes get Amazon deliveries on the weekend. The courrier company uses private vehicles with no logo whatsoever.
Deal Expert
Dec 22, 2006
39324 posts
30607 upvotes
Economy
Is anyone else unable to enter their daily code for Reader's Digest?
Don't take life too seriously.
No one gets out alive anyway.