[Other] Contest Discussion(s)

Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2010
21886 posts
3264 upvotes
North Vancouver
valeriey wrote:
Sep 5th, 2018 12:28 pm
Is anyone else unable to enter their daily code for Reader's Digest?
They are experiencing problems. Just copy/paste your code from the email and it will work. Ignore the weird stuff on the screen.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
15885 posts
20550 upvotes
ONTARIO
Anyone who won a larger prize from the Brisk contest receive it yet?

I only ask because I received an email from UPS saying I have a delivery scheduled for tomorrow. The sender is just listed as PROMOTIONAL PRODUCTS.
Only thing I can think of is it's the gopro I won from Brisk.
Apr 26, 2010
339 posts
413 upvotes
Alberta
BobSagget wrote:
Sep 5th, 2018 1:22 pm
Anyone who won a larger prize from the Brisk contest receive it yet?

I only ask because I received an email from UPS saying I have a delivery scheduled for tomorrow. The sender is just listed as PROMOTIONAL PRODUCTS.
Only thing I can think of is it's the gopro I won from Brisk.
Yep, it's them. That's your GoPro! Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Jan 28, 2018
105 posts
76 upvotes
onamonapia wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 4:25 pm
Anyone else not having any luck with winning? It's been a year since I've won anything worth mentioning :'(

WILLOW Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Yup.. no luck for me. Just very small prizes (~$10). I need to stop reading the post your wins thread, some people are winning over and over and hogging all the luck!
Deal Addict
Jul 9, 2013
1243 posts
8130 upvotes
Ontario
MrManager wrote:
Sep 5th, 2018 3:29 pm
Yup.. no luck for me. Just very small prizes (~$10). I need to stop reading the post your wins thread, some people are winning over and over and hogging all the luck!
I'd love to see a separate feed/discussion specifically for $10 or less wins, anyone else? Seems to be a lot of winners/contests lately fall in this category!
2015 wins: 89 wins / $29,632 - 2016 wins: 79 wins / $59,590 - 2017: 53 wins / $35,518 - 2018 to date: 33 wins / $10,100
Mar 6, 2015
252 posts
103 upvotes
Alert, Nunavut
I emailed my release forms to brisk on saturday and all i got with an automated email saying they are no longer giving pins.

Should i resend?
Sep 2, 2018
23 posts
17 upvotes
zyngasweater wrote:
Sep 5th, 2018 5:04 pm
I emailed my release forms to brisk on saturday and all i got with an automated email saying they are no longer giving pins.

Should i resend?
No point in trying, they told me NPEs stopped after August 28th*. (edit - they emailed me again for no reason and repeated what they told me days ago, it was the 28th)

Here's what I've won from ~138 Pepsi codes:
2x Retro Socks
1x Trucker Hat
1x 12 Pack Pepsi Coupon
1x $25 NHLshop.ca Gift Card
1x Yum Brand Gift Card

The odds of winning really don't seem that great, as I've spaced out all my entries around the clock and can go 40+ times without winning, though two wins were back to back and only separated by 15-20 minutes.
How is everyone else doing on this contest?
Last edited by Panda3X on Sep 6th, 2018 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
15573 posts
3827 upvotes
Panda3X wrote:
Sep 5th, 2018 7:12 pm
No point in trying, they told me NPEs stopped after August 31st.

Here's what I've won from ~138 Pepsi codes:
2x Retro Socks
1x Trucker Hat
1x 12 Pack Pepsi Coupon
1x $25 NHLshop.ca Gift Card
1x Yum Brand Gift Card

The odds of winning really don't seem that great, as I've spaced out all my entries around the clock and can go 40+ times without winning, though two wins were back to back and only separated by 15-20 minutes.
How is everyone else doing on this contest?
2 hats and 2 T-shirts was the lot. Did MUCH better with Brisk. Nothing from Coke except the Spotify play lists my friend won. Mostly a poor year for the soft drink company contests and now Mac's/Circle K is a wash...
Sep 2, 2018
23 posts
17 upvotes
DougO wrote:
Sep 5th, 2018 7:46 pm
2 hats and 2 T-shirts was the lot. Did MUCH better with Brisk. Nothing from Coke except the Spotify play lists my friend won. Mostly a poor year for the soft drink company contests and now Mac's/Circle K is a wash...
How many codes did you enter? I didn't feel the love from Brisk, really. I won a DQ card once out of a dozen or so entries, which isn't bad, but a lot of users here seemed to clean up from it.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
15573 posts
3827 upvotes
Panda3X wrote:
Sep 5th, 2018 7:55 pm
How many codes did you enter? I didn't feel the love from Brisk, really. I won a DQ card once out of a dozen or so entries, which isn't bad, but a lot of users here seemed to clean up from it.
I spent about $30 on that one. Got the Gopro Hero 6 ($529) and 8 $10 DQ Gift Cards.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
15573 posts
3827 upvotes
I see Mac's/Circle K has a new one for Vanilla GCs. Too bad the NPN option is for a minimum 250 word essay. 100 I can understand. 250+ is pushing it. Will probably just wait for the next SDM contest as requirements are generally easier. Mac's/Circle K contests have been poorer IMO since the ownership change over...
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
15885 posts
20550 upvotes
ONTARIO
I received my GoPro from the Brisk contest today. Very quick turnaround!

I got lucky with this contest. Only entered about 6 times in total.
Jan 11, 2017
148 posts
177 upvotes
I live in SK. I'm 54 yr old, have lived most of my life in small towns. We've never had mail delivery from Cnd post to the house in any town I've ever lived in. With the last contest we won, they are trying to deliver via fedex (the one that lost that case of guns, that was shipped from utah lol) and they imput my postal code and are confused. Every person in my town, including every farmer who gets their mail here, has the exact same postal code. Its like that in every single town in SK (and in other provinces as well) They can't get an address lol. I gave them my work addy in town in hopes that that address will be in the system instead (I've had to do that before as well)
winner from CasuGuru (toilet) and RockstarEnergy, Trojan
Jan 11, 2017
148 posts
177 upvotes
ACTUALLY the ps4 from rockenergy was the thing sent to my work place and they stated a date it was going to be sent..IT CAME WEEKS EARLY and this is the reason things get stolen when they get left on your front step (you're not expecting it)LOL
winner from CasuGuru (toilet) and RockstarEnergy, Trojan