[Other] Contest Discussion(s)

Deal Addict
Jul 9, 2013
1243 posts
8130 upvotes
Ontario
zyngasweater wrote:
Sep 8th, 2018 3:42 pm
sigh another dairy queen that won't take my gift card.
I won 5 and had no problem redeeming any of them - did $30 one visit and $20 the next! Keep trying - or maybe call DQ HO and have them deal with the location directly for training?
2015 wins: 89 wins / $29,632 - 2016 wins: 79 wins / $59,590 - 2017: 53 wins / $35,518 - 2018 to date: 33 wins / $10,100
Sep 2, 2018
23 posts
17 upvotes
zyngasweater wrote:
Sep 8th, 2018 8:54 pm
Does their website say which ones do or don't?
I looked around and didn't find any info on which restaurants would or wouldn't accept it. I would have figured that it comes down to if the employee wants to accept the card or at least ask someone else at the restaurant to verify it. Mine was accepted, and I live in a pretty small town where those kinds of gift cards aren't likely to be common.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
1588 posts
372 upvotes
Edmonton
Panda3X wrote:
Sep 9th, 2018 12:56 am
I looked around and didn't find any info on which restaurants would or wouldn't accept it. I would have figured that it comes down to if the employee wants to accept the card or at least ask someone else at the restaurant to verify it. Mine was accepted, and I live in a pretty small town where those kinds of gift cards aren't likely to be common.

Or they do not know how to use the machine to enter in a paper gift card.
Jun 6, 2012
249 posts
3980 upvotes
Saskatchewan
I live in a small city as well, and my DQ accepted it, but it took quite a while for them to figure out that it was legit and that they needed to key it in. Then every time a new person was at the til, they had to ask the manager, but they always did it. They were all kind of impressed I had won them.
Mar 6, 2015
253 posts
103 upvotes
Alert, Nunavut
KellyH905 wrote:
Sep 8th, 2018 6:50 pm
I won 5 and had no problem redeeming any of them - did $30 one visit and $20 the next! Keep trying - or maybe call DQ HO and have them deal with the location directly for training?
I did and I will show their response if that happens again.

They also told me " eGift Certificates do not expire" but redemption instructions from Brisk says "Your prize code must be redeemed by November 1, 2018."
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2006
1779 posts
1173 upvotes
Toronto
For about a week now, I've been receiving job postings from a number of the Facebook companies I follow. These have never come up before and there are quite a few of them now. I've looked all over my settings, and can't find a way to block them, without blocking the company itself, which I don't want to do. Is everyone else getting these now too, and does anyone know how to put a stop to it?
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2009
3641 posts
20868 upvotes
North York
pickmepickme wrote:
Sep 13th, 2018 1:58 pm
For about a week now, I've been receiving job postings from a number of the Facebook companies I follow. These have never come up before and there are quite a few of them now. I've looked all over my settings, and can't find a way to block them, without blocking the company itself, which I don't want to do. Is everyone else getting these now too, and does anyone know how to put a stop to it?
I am not getting them but I wish I did because my son is in job search mode....
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
1847 posts
3055 upvotes
pickmepickme wrote:
Sep 13th, 2018 1:58 pm
No not getting anything like that. I am getting friend suggestions lately. So if you or anyone can figure how to get rid of those that would be great.
Mar 6, 2015
253 posts
103 upvotes
Alert, Nunavut
BobSagget wrote:
Sep 5th, 2018 1:22 pm
Anyone who won a larger prize from the Brisk contest receive it yet?

I only ask because I received an email from UPS saying I have a delivery scheduled for tomorrow. The sender is just listed as PROMOTIONAL PRODUCTS.
Only thing I can think of is it's the gopro I won from Brisk.
Weird. UPS never sent me an email about the delivery but I got the GoPro on Wednesday.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2006
1779 posts
1173 upvotes
Toronto
I have a few extra Coke codes if anyone hasn't won the maximum of one per person yet. Just PM me and I'll give you one.

All gone.
Feb 9, 2017
174 posts
96 upvotes
Ontario’s West Coast
I won just 1 DQ gift card! I live near a small city with a small DQ! I was worried that they would not accept tge gift card! Well I used it today with no problems! Thanks everyone for this site!
Oct 25, 2009
10 posts
42 upvotes
Has anybody entered any of the Royal Draw contests? Better yet has anybody actually won anything?
I might be paranoid but I feel like it might be a scam?
Contests Won 2018
IBC Flood Factor $10 Amazon gift card
(tentative to receive) 19 Crimes hoodie
Feb 9, 2017
174 posts
96 upvotes
Ontario’s West Coast
scotco wrote:
Sep 19th, 2018 1:29 pm
Has anybody entered any of the Royal Draw contests? Better yet has anybody actually won anything?
I might be paranoid but I feel like it might be a scam?
I enter them everyday and so does my daughter. Neither one of us has ever won a thing from Royal Draw!

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

Wenda1