Contests

[Other] Contest Discussion(s)

Deal Guru
Jan 11, 2013
14132 posts
4038 upvotes
Toronto
Be nice. We’re all pals! Good luck on future contests!
Wishing everyone a lucky 2018!
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
15800 posts
20236 upvotes
ONTARIO
polkadotsocks wrote:
Oct 22nd, 2018 9:11 pm
I noticed since I started entering contests I get waaay more spam calls for sure. I used to get tons. I just block them all from my phone lolFace With Tears Of Joy
I've been getting so many spam calls from renewal by anderson contest. I regret entering.
I was at first blocking each number, but it's ridiculous as they keep coming from new ones. I realized most of their calls are coming from a 908 area code (new jersey). So I went ahead and blocked any number that begins with 908.
It's definitely helping. I checked my call logs today online and I received 4 calls today from 4 different 908 numbers. Yet it never rang once thanks to blocking it. These guys are worse than goodlife fitness.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2006
1777 posts
1171 upvotes
Toronto
BobSagget wrote:
Oct 23rd, 2018 12:13 am
I've been getting so many spam calls from renewal by anderson contest. I regret entering.
I was at first blocking each number, but it's ridiculous as they keep coming from new ones. I realized most of their calls are coming from a 908 area code (new jersey). So I went ahead and blocked any number that begins with 908.
It's definitely helping. I checked my call logs today online and I received 4 calls today from 4 different 908 numbers. Yet it never rang once thanks to blocking it. These guys are worse than goodlife fitness.
Did you accidentally check the "contact me" box?
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
15800 posts
20236 upvotes
ONTARIO
pickmepickme wrote:
Oct 23rd, 2018 11:29 am
Did you accidentally check the "contact me" box?
I don't think so, because I distinctly remember seeing that before I entered and I made sure it wasn't checked.
Even if I did though, the 4-5 calls per day from different numbers and what look like fake names is insane.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2006
1777 posts
1171 upvotes
Toronto
BobSagget wrote:
Oct 23rd, 2018 11:33 am
I don't think so, because I distinctly remember seeing that before I entered and I made sure it wasn't checked.
Even if I did though, the 4-5 calls per day from different numbers and what look like fake names is insane.
Totally insane, indeed.
Penalty Box
Feb 11, 2015
1024 posts
13626 upvotes
Toronto, ON
http://www.coorslight.ca/article/coors-side-seat

found this, pretty sure it's valid for 2019, as there are some winners posted for the games. It's an instagram scavenger hunt. could manage to find the tickets and still get back on the same presto fare heading home. Good luck!
Jan 28, 2018
90 posts
58 upvotes
I think it's time to throw in the towel on contesting. It's been about a full year now of entering a bunch of contests daily. I have about $15-$20 in winnings to show for it. I gave it a try but I don't think it's worth the effort for me. Either there's some strategy I'm unaware of or I'm just an unlucky person.
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2008
1837 posts
13562 upvotes
TanyaS6318 wrote:
Oct 22nd, 2018 10:09 am
Just started entering contests again after hiatus, now I'm getting a possible spam call from a collection agency at my home number with my full name, anyone else getting these? from 8555285378
A quick Google search shows this is CBV Collections. They are a third party collections company that buys (very) old debt and tries to get people to pay on it. In Ontario, statute of limitations states that no legal action can take place after 2 years from the date of delinquency or last payment. Other provinces have similar legislation.

Hope this helps.
LadyB
Received a kidney transplant September 1, 2018. Be a donor
Jan 28, 2008
143 posts
86 upvotes
Milton
Does anybody know if you can trade Mcdonalds Game Pieces ? because if you can I have some doubles ! thanks...
Mar 6, 2015
238 posts
91 upvotes
Alert, Nunavut
Portia181 wrote:
Oct 25th, 2018 3:12 pm
Does anybody know if you can trade Mcdonalds Game Pieces ? because if you can I have some doubles ! thanks...
Doubt it. The pieces you need are likely the rare ones and they only print <20 of them.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2006
1777 posts
1171 upvotes
Toronto
MrManager wrote:
Oct 24th, 2018 9:01 am
I think it's time to throw in the towel on contesting. It's been about a full year now of entering a bunch of contests daily. I have about $15-$20 in winnings to show for it. I gave it a try but I don't think it's worth the effort for me. Either there's some strategy I'm unaware of or I'm just an unlucky person.
How do you define a "bunch"? It was calculated years ago, on this forum, that the average times a contester won, was about 1 out of each 800 entries. I would guess that those odds have increased a lot over the past couple of years though, as it seems that more people are entering on platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Dec 5, 2005
804 posts
118 upvotes
McDs Monopoly has been a total bust for us this year.

Have gone around 10 times. Every time either the burger or drink has had at least 1 matching sticker. So out of the 4-6 stickers, 2 are dupes of themselves and then of course dupes of ones you have already.

0 free food items total.

It wasn't this bad last year was it?
Jan 30, 2016
327 posts
726 upvotes
Halifax, NS
pickmepickme wrote:
Oct 26th, 2018 10:26 am
How do you define a "bunch"? It was calculated years ago, on this forum, that the average times a contester won, was about 1 out of each 800 entries. I would guess that those odds have increased a lot over the past couple of years though, as it seems that more people are entering on platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
I spreadsheet my contests and I win about 2.59% of the ones I enter. Hahahahaha nerdy and specific, I know.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
1829 posts
3024 upvotes
chaingunsofdoom wrote:
Oct 26th, 2018 11:55 pm
McDs Monopoly has been a total bust for us this year.

Have gone around 10 times. Every time either the burger or drink has had at least 1 matching sticker. So out of the 4-6 stickers, 2 are dupes of themselves and then of course dupes of ones you have already.

0 free food items total.

It wasn't this bad last year was it?
I think Canada gets screwed in the McD's contests. We drove down to Florida last week and stop to grab food at a McD's. They have a different contest going on and the medium drinks had stickers and we all won food prizes. On our drive home we stopped in the claim the food prizes and got drinks again and we all won again. Been to McD's here 3 times and I have won nothing.
Sep 25, 2014
34 posts
25 upvotes
Macdonald, MB
gofforever wrote:
Oct 27th, 2018 6:57 am
I think Canada gets screwed in the McD's contests. We drove down to Florida last week and stop to grab food at a McD's. They have a different contest going on and the medium drinks had stickers and we all won food prizes. On our drive home we stopped in the claim the food prizes and got drinks again and we all won again. Been to McD's here 3 times and I have won nothing.
Us too!!!.. we were in Florida two weeks ago and we ordered some fries and and breakfast sandwich which was on the the dollar menu and won a big mac and fries...