Contests

[Other] Contest Discussion(s)

Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2011
9250 posts
14105 upvotes
My understanding of the rare monopoly properties:
Rideau Canal
Mackenzie River (1 in 32,133,836 - this seems to be the rarest and is for One Yamaha Grizzly 700 ATV and one Youth Yamaha ATV)
Percé Rock
Tunnels Moose Jaw
Confederation Bridge
Whistler
Portage and Memorial
Le Château Frontenac
Vancouver Airport
Route Transcan. Highway
Mar 7, 2009
274 posts
1237 upvotes
Bowmanville
chaingunsofdoom wrote:
Oct 26th, 2018 11:55 pm
McDs Monopoly has been a total bust for us this year.

Have gone around 10 times. Every time either the burger or drink has had at least 1 matching sticker. So out of the 4-6 stickers, 2 are dupes of themselves and then of course dupes of ones you have already.

0 free food items total.

It wasn't this bad last year was it?
gofforever wrote:
Oct 27th, 2018 6:57 am
I think Canada gets screwed in the McD's contests. We drove down to Florida last week and stop to grab food at a McD's. They have a different contest going on and the medium drinks had stickers and we all won food prizes. On our drive home we stopped in the claim the food prizes and got drinks again and we all won again. Been to McD's here 3 times and I have won nothing.
Golfclubs67 wrote:
Oct 27th, 2018 1:08 pm
Us too!!!.. we were in Florida two weeks ago and we ordered some fries and and breakfast sandwich which was on the the dollar menu and won a big mac and fries...
Same here! Nothing in Canada. Not even a food prize. Yet, when my daughter & I were in Minnesota two weeks ago we got free fries and a free mcflurry. Which we redeemed back here in Ontario with no problem.
Feb 9, 2017
161 posts
86 upvotes
Ontario’s West Coast
ishfish wrote:
Oct 27th, 2018 3:53 pm
My understanding of the rare monopoly properties:
Rideau Canal
Mackenzie River (1 in 32,133,836 - this seems to be the rarest and is for One Yamaha Grizzly 700 ATV and one Youth Yamaha ATV)
Percé Rock
Tunnels Moose Jaw
Confederation Bridge
Whistler
Portage and Memorial
Le Château Frontenac
Vancouver Airport
Route Transcan. Highway
Hey has anyone who is collecting the Monopoly stickers get “Sea To Sky Highway” these were on the last monopoly and not this one! I have gotten 3 of these so far! McDonald’s screwed up Monopoly again!
Deal Addict
Jul 9, 2013
1233 posts
8034 upvotes
Ontario
Joanne28 wrote:
Oct 29th, 2018 1:52 pm
Hey has anyone who is collecting the Monopoly stickers get “Sea To Sky Highway” these were on the last monopoly and not this one! I have gotten 3 of these so far! McDonald’s screwed up Monopoly again!
Sea to Sky Highway is on this Monopoly (#927) if you collect that and the Route Transcan Highway (#928) you win gas for a Year. Good luck!
2015 wins: 89 wins / $29,632 - 2016 wins: 79 wins / $59,590 - 2017: 53 wins / $35,518 - 2018 to date: 33 wins / $10,100
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
15800 posts
20236 upvotes
ONTARIO
Has anyone else run into pain in the butt captchas lately?
I feel like lately I'm having to guess a captcha like 5-10 times before it works.

Asks me to highlight all the fire hydrants. After I submit it then loads up a bunch of pictures of traffic lights I am supposed to guess.
Then buses. Then crosswalks. Over and over.

Worst is sometimes when I click on the pictures, they disappear at a SNAIL'S PACE for new ones to appear in the same spots. It's sooo slow!

I just did the delmonte contest (http://delmonte-canada.ca/en/redcarpet/) and what should have been 20 seconds tops ended up taking me like 3-4 minutes to submit because of the damn captchas it kept forcing on me.
Dec 28, 2006
330 posts
600 upvotes
Maple
BobSagget wrote:
Oct 30th, 2018 2:19 pm
I feel like lately I'm having to guess a captcha like 5-10 times before it works.

Asks me to highlight all the fire hydrants. After I submit it then loads up a bunch of pictures of traffic lights I am supposed to guess.

Worst is sometimes when I click on the pictures, they disappear at a SNAIL'S PACE for new ones to appear in the same spots. It's sooo slow!

I just did the delmonte contest (http://delmonte-canada.ca/en/redcarpet/) and what should have been 20 seconds tops ended up taking me like 3-4 minutes to submit because of the damn captchas it kept forcing on me.
Do you have a gmail account and are you logged in while you fill the forms out? I noticed that if I log out of my account or use in private window, I never have the 20 second disappearing image come up
Nov 1, 2008
894 posts
767 upvotes
BobSagget wrote:
Oct 30th, 2018 2:19 pm

Feeling the exact same pain - crosswalks, stairs, fire hydrants, chimneys, oh, now I am done. And so slow for those photos to change.
And no gmail account to blame it on.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
15800 posts
20236 upvotes
ONTARIO
bozotheclown wrote:
Oct 30th, 2018 7:35 pm
Do you have a gmail account and are you logged in while you fill the forms out? I noticed that if I log out of my account or use in private window, I never have the 20 second disappearing image come up
yes I have a gmail account that I am logged into. I guess tomorrow when I do my dailies again, I will test and see if logging out does anything.
Dec 28, 2006
330 posts
600 upvotes
Maple
BobSagget wrote:
Oct 31st, 2018 4:47 pm
yes I have a gmail account that I am logged into. I guess tomorrow when I do my dailies again, I will test and see if logging out does anything.
Simplest way to try this is open up a private browser if you are using chrome and you will see
Dec 5, 2005
804 posts
118 upvotes
Finally got a food item from McDonald's Monopoly. Free Medium Fries. I think "1 in 5" really meant 1 in 50. LOL
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2009
1134 posts
26282 upvotes
gofforever wrote:
Oct 27th, 2018 6:57 am
I think Canada gets screwed in the McD's contests. We drove down to Florida last week and stop to grab food at a McD's. They have a different contest going on and the medium drinks had stickers and we all won food prizes. On our drive home we stopped in the claim the food prizes and got drinks again and we all won again. Been to McD's here 3 times and I have won nothing.
Looks that Canada was indeed screwed in the 90s...
McDonald’s Monopoly: A statistician explains the real odds of winning

Jacobson was an employee for the marketing firm that ran the McDonald’s Monopoly promotion in the 1990s. He stole some of the major game pieces and gave them to friends. After being caught, Jacobson told investigators he learned the contest was already rigged against Canadians. Specifically, prize locations were re-randomized by the marketing company to prevent major winning game pieces reaching Canadian customers.
Note that today, editions of McDonald’s Monopoly are exclusively Canadian.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
1829 posts
3024 upvotes
Has anyone had a problem with Facebook lately? My husband can't get past this message: Welcome to Facebook
Get started by adding friends. You'll see their videos, photos and posts here.

He can go to specific pages to enter contests but can't see his feed to see if there are any new contests.
He's contacted FB 3 times but they only employ idiots who can't do anything other than copy and past the same thing over and over even thou he tells them it isn't helping.

If you have had this problem and know how to fix it please let me know.
Jan 16, 2012
520 posts
5286 upvotes
Ontario
gofforever wrote:
Oct 31st, 2018 9:47 pm
Has anyone had a problem with Facebook lately? My husband can't get past this message: Welcome to Facebook
Get started by adding friends. You'll see their videos, photos and posts here.

He can go to specific pages to enter contests but can't see his feed to see if there are any new contests.
He's contacted FB 3 times but they only employ idiots who can't do anything other than copy and past the same thing over and over even thou he tells them it isn't helping.

If you have had this problem and know how to fix it please let me know.
Facebook is tweaking their algorithms again. If he's using a phone/tablet trying uninstalling and reinstall.

If he's on a computer - go to "Newsfeed" at the top of the left column and toggle to "recent"

I'm assuming he has "liked" the business pages he wants to see. When he's on a business Page try clicking "follow" as well as "like"

If he selects "hide post" as a way of keeping his newsfeed from showing the same posts more than once, he should stop that practice. It sends a message to Facebook that you no longer want to see posts from that business.

His account should be using his real name and the same email address he uses to enter contests. Facebook randomly asks people to verify their account with a picture ID. If you can't, they'll close the account.

Then there are all the usual things to try...logging in and out, trying a different browser, clearing his cache, etc.

Good luck!
2018 2 wins/$7,100 2017 8 wins/$9,088 2016 - 16 win/$8,960 2015 - 20 wins/$6,333 2014 - 19 wins/$1,187 2013 - 22 wins/$1,664, 2012 - 21 wins/$10,259, 2011 - 1 win/$5,000