Contests

[Other] Contest Discussion(s)

Nov 8, 2009
239 posts
1369 upvotes
Hi, I'm looking for more people to tag on Instagram contests, feel free to add me and tag also. My username is @slice.of.fried.gold
2017= $10816, 2018 = $9486 So Far.....
Deal Fanatic
Jan 7, 2016
5870 posts
5663 upvotes
GTA, ON
Unleash the Christmas contests!!!!!!

and Black Friday emails!!!
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
1828 posts
3024 upvotes
ActonSue wrote:
Nov 1st, 2018 9:25 am
Facebook is tweaking their algorithms again. If he's using a phone/tablet trying uninstalling and reinstall.

If he's on a computer - go to "Newsfeed" at the top of the left column and toggle to "recent"

I'm assuming he has "liked" the business pages he wants to see. When he's on a business Page try clicking "follow" as well as "like"

If he selects "hide post" as a way of keeping his newsfeed from showing the same posts more than once, he should stop that practice. It sends a message to Facebook that you no longer want to see posts from that business.

His account should be using his real name and the same email address he uses to enter contests. Facebook randomly asks people to verify their account with a picture ID. If you can't, they'll close the account.

Then there are all the usual things to try...logging in and out, trying a different browser, clearing his cache, etc.

Good luck!
He only uses FB on his computer as his phone is a work phone only. He's tried updating his profile, changing his password, liking web pages. He's also cleared his cache. Name is same as what he uses to enter contests. He doesn't hide posts and he can't see his newsfeed whether it is on top stories or most recent. He has prioritized pages and that didn't help either. I tried on my computer and phone and same problem. Nothing works and FB does not respond. It looks like his account is being treated as if it is new as it wants him to add more friends and pages but he's had it since 2010.
We don't know what else to do to fix it.
Oct 20, 2016
81 posts
29 upvotes
Anyone here win or know someone that won the free Lasik surgery contest that seems to run every 3 months by Vision Group Canada? I won on an old email address that I stopped using a few months ago. The wording has some poor grammar but I think it's because it's Quebec based. I can't find the old thread that I entered from, the current contest is Oct-Dec so if I won the Jul-Sep contest seems odd I'd get notified in November. I found older threads but no comments from a winner on if there's any issues with "winning".
Jan 16, 2012
519 posts
5262 upvotes
Ontario
Interesting read - but no surprises

McDonald’s Monopoly: A statistician explains the real odds of winning
https://theconversation.com/mcdonalds-m ... ing-106051
2018 2 wins/$7,100 2017 8 wins/$9,088 2016 - 16 win/$8,960 2015 - 20 wins/$6,333 2014 - 19 wins/$1,187 2013 - 22 wins/$1,664, 2012 - 21 wins/$10,259, 2011 - 1 win/$5,000
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
15796 posts
20227 upvotes
ONTARIO
bozotheclown wrote:
Oct 31st, 2018 5:11 pm
Simplest way to try this is open up a private browser if you are using chrome and you will see
So after some testing, it seems logging out/incognito mode definitely helps.

Each day I can get about 90% of my daily list done without issue from the ReCaptcha. However by the last 10% or so, I get asked a million times to choose buses, fire hydrants, chimneys, crosswalks, etc., over and over. Making it almost impossible to finish off the last 10 or so contests from my list (if they require a captcha anyway)

If I switch over to incognito mode to do these contests, I can actually get passed the captcha. It might ask me to select all the chimneys or crosswalks or whatever, but it will accept it after that and not ask me a thousand times like in the regular browser.

I figured out how to enable lastpass and a couple other extensions I use in my normal browser, in incognito mode, so I should be good to go now. Just swap over to incognito every time it's giving me issues with captcha.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2010
21847 posts
3178 upvotes
North Vancouver
KellyH905 wrote:
Oct 19th, 2018 8:47 pm
I post less because no RFDers were/appeared to be winning the contests I was posting. Don't want to give the contesters that use BOTs more fuel for their winnings.
That is sad because most winners probably don't post that they won. Most contesters here don't post anything about anything ever!
Penalty Box
Feb 11, 2015
1024 posts
13586 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I'm having a little trouble with, well, winning. I don't know, I've been putting in the effort, and it seems likely that this invisible spindle would aim at that time, there would be less entries competing for that. I don't want to think about the numbers. I've won that coin that still hasn't come in yet, maybe that'll be the lucky charm to get it started. Just saying, it happens. Hope everyone that isn't winning much, or anything at all, can win something good in the coming month and than some. Lots more contests, and it's never to early to do a little cheering and sharing on here. Good luck all.
Jan 29, 2013
164 posts
1117 upvotes
I would love to be posting but - aside from two $10 DQ cards (which were good to win and were easy to use) the last contest I won was the Ruffles Cooler that pretty much everyone won! I’m more than ready to post my lucky winnings when the day comes that I have some! until then - cheers to all who post contests and discussion topics and THEIR WINNINGS!
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2007
2813 posts
262 upvotes
maybe we should make some sort of private group where we post contests or something
Penalty Box
Feb 11, 2015
1024 posts
13586 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I don't think contests are ever going to be private. I think they want exposure, but there is the fact that everyone may go to different forums, some may only use this one, and I usually don't post stuff here I find on other forums as there would be that cross pollination, and maybe I'd enter multiple times, and they only allow one entry. Hence, there's that difference. I will be trying to devote more time, but have taken a couple days off since really being hard pressed for a win for a little over 3 weeks now. Doesn't seem that long, but it does get to you when you start to get on a roll. Buttered down, but not puddled in the weather. Gotta get up and keep on trying, and I'm sure there's just not enough contests to keep up so don't want to tire myself out early. Going to get in the spirits and try to find more contests to post on here. Remember, with Christmas contests, we should all be bookmarking, so there shouldn't be any real doubt if it's a daily if it should get posted, repeated or not. Happy rainy November, at least for now.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2009
3880 posts
5318 upvotes
Ontario
BobSagget wrote:
Oct 30th, 2018 2:19 pm
Has anyone else run into pain in the butt captchas lately?
I feel like lately I'm having to guess a captcha like 5-10 times before it works.

Asks me to highlight all the fire hydrants. After I submit it then loads up a bunch of pictures of traffic lights I am supposed to guess.
Then buses. Then crosswalks. Over and over.

Worst is sometimes when I click on the pictures, they disappear at a SNAIL'S PACE for new ones to appear in the same spots. It's sooo slow!

I just did the delmonte contest (http://delmonte-canada.ca/en/redcarpet/) and what should have been 20 seconds tops ended up taking me like 3-4 minutes to submit because of the damn captchas it kept forcing on me.
Have not had too much trouble with Captchas on contest forms. Where I get Captcha jail is on blogs on fora-and run into the problem you describe!!
Seeking shopping sprees or a pot of gold.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2009
3880 posts
5318 upvotes
Ontario
Still out of luck contestwise this year. Finally recycled my laptop via an e-waste event over a week ago. Path is now open for a laptop win or gift card to acquire one!
I have found about five food prize stickers in my weekly finds of McDonalds Monopoly stickers since the game started. All game pieces are going to a youth who is keen on the game. I noticed that for every 10 properties entered online, there is an e-code to win (read the rules) So enter all those codes, including the ones on the food prizes-both codes and instant wins have to be claimed by Dec. 2!
Totally forgot to ask two visiting US cousins today about the McDonald's Trick or Treat game that ran last month. We were reminiscing about differences in pop containers between Canada & US in the 1980s and pop flavours.
Seeking shopping sprees or a pot of gold.
Mar 6, 2015
237 posts
91 upvotes
Alert, Nunavut
McD was worse than roll up the rim for me. got 31 XL coffees and only won 1 french fries.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
5721 posts
3026 upvotes
Victoria
With all of the Mountain Dew, Doritos, Tostitos, and etc. contests we have/had, it would have been nice to have an hourly contest.

I've won 5 Iogo yogurt coupons, a Tostitos/Budweiser cooler, a few things from the Pepsi Stuff contest, and a bluetooth speaker from the Kinder Surprise contest.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

shoppingguy