[Other] Contest Discussion(s)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 21st, 2019 11:24 am
Tags:
Sep 9, 2007
537 posts
102 upvotes
Bridgewater
Got all excited when I got a call from Volkswagon dealership in town saying I had entered a contest for the chronicle Herald (popular newspaper in our area) that I had won a bag from them to pick up at their store....then got suspicious when he stated asking me all about my current car and If I was interested in trading it in towards a new car which I definitely said no. I took the chance and dropped in to get this "bag" hoping it was at least a swag bag or something and it was a cheap cloth shopping bag value may be a 1$. So anyone else gets a call about this it is just a sales call cause apparently there are more "winners". :(
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
1403 posts
3018 upvotes
I know the sponsors can set their own rules but the no sweeps account rule to me is not fair. So many social contests now want you to tag 3 friends, share the contest to all, follow us and these sites also to be able to enter. I have contest accounts specifically so I do not spam my family with all these contests as they don't want that. Nor do I want my family account to be filled with a bunch of other posts that I miss my families stuff. So yes I dedicate an account just for contests and sites I like to follow but I am not one to post a lot, even on my family account. So this irritates me. Just my little rant for the day.
Jul 28, 2007
309 posts
361 upvotes
Calgary
I wish there was a support thread for people who never win anything lol. I must have entered a thousand things this year with no luck.
Jan 28, 2018
96 posts
66 upvotes
Dunderhead wrote:
Dec 4th, 2018 5:35 am
I wish there was a support thread for people who never win anything lol. I must have entered a thousand things this year with no luck.
You're not alone. There seems to be only a small handful of people here who are recurring winners.
For the rest of us, trying to win anything is as successful as trying to shoot a hummingbird in the pitch-dark with a bb gun.
Nov 27, 2012
43 posts
69 upvotes
HALIFAX
tushkitty wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2018 9:40 am
Got all excited when I got a call from Volkswagon dealership in town saying I had entered a contest for the chronicle Herald (popular newspaper in our area) that I had won a bag from them to pick up at their store....then got suspicious when he stated asking me all about my current car and If I was interested in trading it in towards a new car which I definitely said no. I took the chance and dropped in to get this "bag" hoping it was at least a swag bag or something and it was a cheap cloth shopping bag value may be a 1$. So anyone else gets a call about this it is just a sales call cause apparently there are more "winners". :(
That's pretty cheap on their part, a coffee mug or some other swag should be worth the chance someone might look at a new vehicle? Hope contest Santa brings you something a little better this year where we don't get many local draws down here.
2018 Wins To Date (12) $1650
Apr 26, 2010
335 posts
435 upvotes
Alberta
BK2006 wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2018 11:04 am
If you do a search in this thread with the word instagram you will find some people who have shared their username for this purpose.
Thanks. If people need someone to tag, feel free to tag me! My username there is the same as here.
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2015
1028 posts
14361 upvotes
Toronto, ON
To all those not having a good/decent November/October gaming, that's spilled into this. Remember, it's not about putting in the ballots daily, though I'm sure your odds are better. You gotta hit that one, or land in the first couple. If putting in the time, now's the time to be putting in some time. I've really slacked off because there's no more wins to keep me motivated. Guess at this point in the season, you gotta look ahead to beyond the new year. Hopefully we all put the time to get something nice from all these contests running, and most importantly, do what we enjoy.

Contesting just ain't that much fun when you don't win! GL and hopefully we all share a couple more contests. I know lotsa people bookmark from other forums, but your odds could be blanks regardless if there's 150 entries or 10,500 entries.
Jan 11, 2017
145 posts
218 upvotes
the amount of sweeps right now on fb is ridonkulous ... just the local stuff for toontown is crazy, let alone all the other fb advent stuff going on
winner from CasuGuru (toilet) and RockstarEnergy (PS4) , 7-11 Xbox one X
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
15488 posts
3876 upvotes
User451611 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2018 11:11 am
the amount of sweeps right now on fb is ridonkulous ... just the local stuff for toontown is crazy, let alone all the other fb advent stuff going on
Lots on Twitter too but I've never won any. Another year gone by where I have won nothing on US based contests. That's 46 years and counting at this point. I wonder why I still bother...
Deal Guru
Jan 11, 2013
13992 posts
4151 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks kindly to all those who share contests. If you come across a contest, be sure to share it!
Wishing everyone a lucky 2019!
Jan 30, 2016
264 posts
762 upvotes
Halifax, NS
Ahhh... I left for two weeks and now I don’t know how to catch up!! :)
May 7, 2008
2 posts
Toronto
Hello,

I need your help! In October, I won a $100 gift card on the 'Goosebumps 2: A Haunted Halloween Scratch N’ Win Promotion' ran on https://goosebumps2.gftalliance.com/#/ (Websaver.ca)
and I have not received my prize. I also know of 2 other people who won (a scarf and a hat) and did not receive anything. After the notification about my winning, my emails to Greenfence Consumer (consumer@greenfence.com) go unanswered. Greenfence Consumer is the company that ran this contest for Websaver.ca and sent me the email about my win.

https://www.facebook.com/greenfenceconsumer/

Is there a consumer group or organization to which I and the other 2 people can report this?

I'm going to speak with a lawyer tomorrow and file a complaint at the Better Business Bureau,
and I can't think of anything else. Please help!
Oct 16, 2006
219 posts
34 upvotes
hamilton, on
E977 wrote:
Dec 12th, 2018 3:52 am
Hello,

I need your help! In October, I won a $100 gift card on the 'Goosebumps 2: A Haunted Halloween Scratch N’ Win Promotion' ran on https://goosebumps2.gftalliance.com/#/ (Websaver.ca)
and I have not received my prize. I also know of 2 other people who won (a scarf and a hat) and did not receive anything. After the notification about my winning, my emails to Greenfence Consumer (consumer@greenfence.com) go unanswered. Greenfence Consumer is the company that ran this contest for Websaver.ca and sent me the email about my win.

https://www.facebook.com/greenfenceconsumer/

Is there a consumer group or organization to which I and the other 2 people can report this?

I'm going to speak with a lawyer tomorrow and file a complaint at the Better Business Bureau,
and I can't think of anything else. Please help!
You could try posting on their Facebook page. Also, have you tried to reach out to Websaver.ca? That would probably be my first course of action. Good luck!
Dec 19, 2010
612 posts
4952 upvotes
Vancouver
Some days I just want Captcha to die a slow painful death, today is one of those days. Captcha is being a bugger today, and I feel like lately they've made them a little more difficult than they have been in the past. Like really small cars or traffic lights that require a magnifying glass to spot. Am I alone in this?
Oct 25, 2009
8 posts
39 upvotes
I've entered a few contests, and i have accumulated some points already.
Contests Won 2018
IBC Flood Factor $10 Amazon gift card
(tentative to receive) 19 Crimes hoodie