• Last Updated:
  • Jan 21st, 2019 11:24 am
Tags:
Aug 6, 2018
10 posts
22 upvotes
wsiemens wrote:
Dec 12th, 2018 2:25 pm
Some days I just want Captcha to die a slow painful death, today is one of those days. Captcha is being a bugger today, and I feel like lately they've made them a little more difficult than they have been in the past. Like really small cars or traffic lights that require a magnifying glass to spot. Am I alone in this?
I've been wanting Captchas to die for a very very long time
Aug 6, 2018
10 posts
22 upvotes
E977 wrote:
Dec 12th, 2018 3:52 am
Hello,

I need your help! In October, I won a $100 gift card on the 'Goosebumps 2: A Haunted Halloween Scratch N’ Win Promotion' ran on https://goosebumps2.gftalliance.com/#/ (Websaver.ca)
and I have not received my prize. I also know of 2 other people who won (a scarf and a hat) and did not receive anything. After the notification about my winning, my emails to Greenfence Consumer (consumer@greenfence.com) go unanswered. Greenfence Consumer is the company that ran this contest for Websaver.ca and sent me the email about my win.

https://www.facebook.com/greenfenceconsumer/

Is there a consumer group or organization to which I and the other 2 people can report this?

I'm going to speak with a lawyer tomorrow and file a complaint at the Better Business Bureau,
and I can't think of anything else. Please help!
It's only been 2 months and with the mail strike - I'm sure that has made it take longer than usual. I'm with Ashly0899 and try contacting websaver.ca first
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
20146 posts
135583 upvotes
GTA
wsiemens wrote:
Some days I just want Captcha to die a slow painful death, today is one of those days. Captcha is being a bugger today, and I feel like lately they've made them a little more difficult than they have been in the past. Like really small cars or traffic lights that require a magnifying glass to spot. Am I alone in this?
Yes, I agree, so what I've been doing for a while (for the ones that offer it) is just opting for the audio version (click on the headphones icon) - MUCH easier!
Dec 19, 2010
612 posts
4952 upvotes
Vancouver
toguy wrote:
Dec 12th, 2018 11:37 pm
Yes, I agree, so what I've been doing for a while (for the ones that offer it) is just opting for the audio version (click on the headphones icon) - MUCH easier!
Whoa I did not realize this option. Will try tomorrow Electric Light Bulb
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2006
1259 posts
1152 upvotes
Toronto
wsiemens wrote:
Ive had to start doing my contests several times during the day, because once I hit about 10 of captchas, they start asking me to identify the pictures. It's annoying, but when all of the holiday contests are finished, there won't be so many.
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2015
1028 posts
14361 upvotes
Toronto, ON
About the holiday contests, I'm not sure if there are less of them, which it kinda feels like, or that I'm not winning very many Holiday presents to gift but I really don't have one present to put under yet. It's the holidays, it's about the people, but I played contests during the season to win nicer things than I could buy at the time for the people around. Looks like the lesson here is just remember to share and be kind to others, even strangers, and take things as they come. We all know how we would like the world to be, and can't make others adhere to it, we can just hope they get it right for themselves. I'll probably have to do some last minute shopping but lots of contests ending this weekend. Gl in days coming up, and remember to start refreshed on New Years, it's another year, after all.
Deal Guru
Jan 11, 2013
13992 posts
4151 upvotes
Toronto
Good point about sharing.

Sharing wins is awesome! But so is sharing contests! And it takes about the same amount of time.
Wishing everyone a lucky 2019!
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
15488 posts
3876 upvotes
wsiemens wrote:
Yes, tonight was a pain for me as well. All those Canada.com contests used a slow one that pushed my normal 1/2 hour time frame to over 1.5 hours! I was not able to complete my dailies before midnight, which is very unusual...
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
2882 posts
15748 upvotes
Halifax
E977 wrote:
Dec 12th, 2018 3:52 am
Hello,

I need your help! In October, I won a $100 gift card on the 'Goosebumps 2: A Haunted Halloween Scratch N’ Win Promotion' ran on https://goosebumps2.gftalliance.com/#/ (Websaver.ca)
and I have not received my prize. I also know of 2 other people who won (a scarf and a hat) and did not receive anything. After the notification about my winning, my emails to Greenfence Consumer (consumer@greenfence.com) go unanswered. Greenfence Consumer is the company that ran this contest for Websaver.ca and sent me the email about my win.

https://www.facebook.com/greenfenceconsumer/

Is there a consumer group or organization to which I and the other 2 people can report this?

I'm going to speak with a lawyer tomorrow and file a complaint at the Better Business Bureau,
and I can't think of anything else. Please help!
Two months waiting for a prize really isn’t that long, especially with the mail strike. I’ve waited up to six months for a prize before.

I’d call websaver directly if you’re not hearing back from the PR Agency. Patience and persistence is a necessity with contesting. ;)

I honestly wouldn't waste money on a legal challenge unless it was a prize of high value.
Dec 26, 2010
485 posts
4804 upvotes
Anyone else finding a lot of contests this year are linked to Instagram, and, of course, you have to 'follow' as part of the entry requirements? It's not something I'm very anxious to do.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
2882 posts
15748 upvotes
Halifax
There are tons of contests on IG, but I noticed that last year too.
Jan 11, 2017
145 posts
218 upvotes
Tracydeanne wrote:
Dec 15th, 2018 7:25 am
Two months waiting for a prize really isn’t that long, especially with the mail strike. I’ve waited up to six months for a prize before.

I’d call websaver directly if you’re not hearing back from the PR Agency. Patience and persistence is a necessity with contesting. ;)

I honestly wouldn't waste money on a legal challenge unless it was a prize of high value.
I once waited almost a yr to the date, from a prize from child.com mag .... had given up on it and boom, comes in the mail lol
winner from CasuGuru (toilet) and RockstarEnergy (PS4) , 7-11 Xbox one X
Nov 27, 2012
43 posts
69 upvotes
HALIFAX
Pringles Mystery flavour was finally released as "SEVEN LAYER DIP", winners still to be announced. GL
2018 Wins To Date (12) $1650
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
15488 posts
3876 upvotes
Wenda1 wrote:
Dec 15th, 2018 3:06 pm
Anyone else finding a lot of contests this year are linked to Instagram, and, of course, you have to 'follow' as part of the entry requirements? It's not something I'm very anxious to do.
Yes, and quite a few FB ones that won't award a prize unless you like them. As soon as I see those now, I ignore them...
Sep 2, 2018
20 posts
17 upvotes
jdmorrow74 wrote:
Dec 16th, 2018 10:14 am
Pringles Mystery flavour was finally released as "SEVEN LAYER DIP", winners still to be announced. GL
Great to know, I entered with SLD as a guess probably 90+ times.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

jonnieh