[Other] Contest Discussion(s)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 21st, 2019 11:24 am
Tags:
Apr 22, 2013
212 posts
1847 upvotes
Woodbridge
Thank goodness a bunch of those Canadian Living and Style at Home contests are done lol the captchas were driving me nuts some days.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
15488 posts
3876 upvotes
Gaesh7 wrote:
Dec 17th, 2018 10:03 am
Thank goodness a bunch of those Canadian Living and Style at Home contests are done lol the captchas were driving me nuts some days.
Yeah, last night was the cut off with today being the draw date. The Captchas were terrible. Half the time the verification didn't work. I found if you could get it down to one image and then click on it but before it could load another image hit Verify and it would allow you to submit the entry. Going the other way and waiting for another image caused it to reload in more than 90% of cases. Yeesh!
Feb 3, 2015
271 posts
4278 upvotes
Ontario
Hey everyone, it's been a really long time but I'm slowly getting back into it. :)

I noticed a trend lately with IG contests where you get an entry per friend you tag, so feel free to tag me all you want @KevinSouthgate7, and I'll tag you back with any contests I find.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2009
3468 posts
21319 upvotes
North York
777Kevin wrote:
Dec 20th, 2018 3:11 pm
Hey everyone, it's been a really long time but I'm slowly getting back into it. :)

I noticed a trend lately with IG contests where you get an entry per friend you tag, so feel free to tag me all you want @KevinSouthgate7, and I'll tag you back with any contests I find.
Where in Ontario are you? i am in the GTA
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2009
3798 posts
5530 upvotes
Ontario
Hmm, have struck out sending two tweets to Cottage Life for the tiny print Tealeaves contest (rules were printed sideways in a page margin, the page after the Editor's page)in their Winter issue. The link 404s: https://cottagelife.com/lookingfortoques

Thing is, the contest began in November and ends in January. Since I have not gotten a reply in return to my tweets, I guess the contest is pulled or someone in the tech area is not aware of the contest in the print edition.
2019-roll out the gold carpet!
Dec 26, 2010
485 posts
4804 upvotes
Hey, after years of not winning anything, I finally won something!!! But, get this.....it had nothing to do with an internet contest. Lol

I went to a grocery store last week and bought some gift certificates for some stocking stuffer Christmas presents and the cashier gave me some ballots to fill out for a draw, the prize being a shopping cart full of groceries. I forgot all about it and then I got the call this morning that I'd won. I couldn't believe it! I went and brought the stuff home. Of course there was a lot of it that really wasn't for me but there was some for me, some for a good friend and her grand-children and some for the food bank. What a nice Christmas surprise!
Deal Addict
May 31, 2007
1562 posts
15057 upvotes
Wenda1 wrote:
Dec 24th, 2018 12:15 am
Hey, after years of not winning anything, I finally won something!!! But, get this.....it had nothing to do with an internet contest. Lol

I went to a grocery store last week and bought some gift certificates for some stocking stuffer Christmas presents and the cashier gave me some ballots to fill out for a draw, the prize being a shopping cart full of groceries. I forgot all about it and then I got the call this morning that I'd won. I couldn't believe it! I went and brought the stuff home. Of course there was a lot of it that really wasn't for me but there was some for me, some for a good friend and her grand-children and some for the food bank. What a nice Christmas surprise!
That's awesome! Merry Christmas!
Feb 9, 2017
183 posts
96 upvotes
Ontario’s West Coast
If you are entering Royal Draws everyday there is a special gift from them today! Log on and pick a gold box I got a 25 point bonus today! Merry Christmas
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
15488 posts
3876 upvotes
Stoneleigh wines contest looks good BUT as much as this would make a nice meal, I do not like how sponsors think that Ontario consists of Toronto (and environs) alone. Hopefully there would be an option for people outside TO. In this case, there isn't. I have written to some of them in the past about discrepancies such as this and either got the cold shoulder or else the sorry we mean TO for Ontario response. Bah!
Nov 21, 2017
401 posts
158 upvotes
Surrey BC
If someone wins a trip for 2 people can you just give that trip away for example to your mom and sister or does the person that wins it has to go on the trip.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2015
3729 posts
27088 upvotes
flipper316 wrote:
Dec 26th, 2018 5:55 pm
If someone wins a trip for 2 people can you just give that trip away for example to your mom and sister or does the person that wins it has to go on the trip.
Generally the answer is no.

It is best to read the rules before entering, as it may vary between contests.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
15464 posts
20703 upvotes
ONTARIO
Unless I hear from a contest by today/tomorrow (not holding my breath), this is my 2018 win list:

2x Dr Oetker pizza coupons
$20 Great Clips gift card
Valvoline Retro Tin Sign
$25 EB Games gift card
2x $10 Dairy Queen e-gift cards
GoPro Hero 6 Camera
Budweiser/Ruffles vintage cooler
$25 grocery gift card + free product coupon (Christie)

If it wasn't for that GoPro instant win from the Brisk contest, my win total for 2018 would be my absolutely worst year yet I think.

Lets hope 2019 is better for everyone!
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2009
3468 posts
21319 upvotes
North York
This was my best year so far:

Trip to Sonoma Country thru Omaze
All Inclusive vacation to Cancun - Taste of the Danforth (toronto.com)
All inclusive vacation to Costa Mujeres (98.1)
My fiance won a trip to St Barts thru Omaze (his first trip winning)
Trip to Guadeloupe including flights and hotel (thru a Guadeloupe site)
Tickets to movies, Ripley's Aquarium, Reptilia, Grease, 2 facials, a mani-pedi, a cooler (Ruffles/Tostitos), gift cards, beauty products,

I wish you a better 2019 for those of you that haven't won much - lets keep hoping!!!!

Happy New Year!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 7, 2016
5902 posts
5732 upvotes
GTA, ON
I will be cutting back in 2019 due to work.
I can no longer put a lot of time into contests
Sorry if I don't post as much in 2019
I'll try to contribute on the weekends
Good luck to everyone

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

jonnieh