Tags:
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2009
3798 posts
5505 upvotes
Ontario
ImagineCH wrote:
Jan 4th, 2019 4:19 am
Why would someone downvote a contest I posted?
It happens to many members, including me. Anyway, I love seeing new contests posted.
Managed to find the contest by Cottage Life. It'll be posted in a couple of minutes...
2019-roll out the gold carpet!
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
15474 posts
3872 upvotes
Did anyone here win ANY of the Marilyn 10 Days of Giveaways? Denise from Calgary won the $15,000 all gifts prize today but I've seen no posts from here that anyone won on any of the other days. Some contests from the Christmas period have still to be drawn but this is turning out to be another disaster for me for Christmas wins. Lots of prizes but lots of people entering really lowers the odds of winning anything...
Last edited by DougO on Jan 7th, 2019 1:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2009
3455 posts
21235 upvotes
North York
DougO wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 11:14 am
Did anyone here win ANY of the Marilyn 10 Days of Giveaways? Denise from Calgary won the $15,000 all gifts prize today but I've seen no posts from here that anyone won on any of the other days. Some contests from the Chrustmas period have still to be drawn but this is turning out to be another disaster for me for Christmas wins. Lots of prizes but lots of people entering ready lowers the odds of winning anything...
Same with me..entered lots of social media contests and regular online ones but so far only won tickets to Ripley's Aquarium
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2015
1007 posts
14201 upvotes
Toronto, ON
just posted a contest for Alberta, here's three for saskatchewan:

http://scbroncos.com/subway-player-of-the-month/
http://saskatoonblades.com/subway-sub-of-the-month
http://reginapats.com/subway-sub-of-the ... cial-rules

don't feel like posting them over and over lol and i don't know if they're all dif, prob.

and one more for alberta

http://reddeerrebels.com/rebels-sub-of-the-month
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
2017 posts
1225 upvotes
St. Catharines
Looking for opinions.

Local radio station is starting a promotion that if they play the same song twice in the 9-5 day, be the 25th caller and win $1,000

Since they list the recent played songs on their website, I wrote a program to read that list and see if the latest song was repeated that day. If so, it sends me a text message alerting me.

Now that it's written, I'm having second thoughts about the morality of it.

Thoughts?
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2011
8884 posts
14138 upvotes
@Magneto made this suggestion in 2009...so this is now a cleaned up thread with the discussions since being deleted?
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
10449 posts
16728 upvotes
Scarborough
ishfish wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 12:15 pm
@Magneto made this suggestion in 2009...so this is now a cleaned up thread with the discussions since being deleted?
The thread was accidentally deleted by a moderator last night. The dev team had to manually restore it due to the massive amount of posts within this thread.

I’m open to discussions on how to improve this thread moving forward.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Dec 19, 2010
611 posts
4952 upvotes
Vancouver
MegaSilver wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 9:00 pm
Looking for opinions.

Local radio station is starting a promotion that if they play the same song twice in the 9-5 day, be the 25th caller and win $1,000

Since they list the recent played songs on their website, I wrote a program to read that list and see if the latest song was repeated that day. If so, it sends me a text message alerting me.

Thoughts?
Power to you. It's not cheating, it's just getting smarter than the competition. That could be some useful technology if it could be applied to other radio stations.
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2015
1007 posts
14201 upvotes
Toronto, ON
MegaSilver wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 9:00 pm
Looking for opinions.

Thoughts?
I think if you can read the list online, and partake in the contest that way, you're not interfering with the programming other than scouting their page for a match. Technology is an interesting avenue and it seems apps are the future. If it matters, the radio station will probably change it in the future, but there's still a lot of luck at calling in, and maybe some people listening, though I doubt someone's ear during the day, even if listening, has the alertness to catch a playback.

I've been holding off on entering contests but it seems the weather isn't giving much else worth that could be in challenge to the time spent contesting. So I'll be back at it shortly for sure. Hopefully, there's some prizes that want to fly off the promotional shelves and be toyed with in my environment. Life at this point, starting things anew, and the way we utilize our free time is for sure why we're always going for more. However, I recommend a good slack session to anyone who's been toying with slacking off just a bit. We can chill out anywhere, but we need to rest when times are a-changing. What else to catch up on? I'll see you all here tomorrow and hopefully find some contests to share.
Jan 24, 2014
605 posts
3456 upvotes
Calgary, AB
DougO wrote:
Did anyone here win ANY of the Marilyn 10 Days of Giveaways? Denise from Calgary won the $15,000 all gifts prize today but I've seen no posts from here that anyone won on any of the other days. Some contests from the Christmas period have still to be drawn but this is turning out to be another disaster for me for Christmas wins. Lots of prizes but lots of people entering really lowers the odds of winning anything...
MommaMac posted that she won Day 7 on the Contest Winners thread... :)
2013 WINS: $13,300 - 2014 WINS: $16,860 - 2015 WINS: $13,430 - 2016 WINS: $5,565 - 2017 WINS: $7,985 - 2018 WINS: $9,795
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
2008 posts
21018 upvotes
Ottawa
DougO wrote:
Email rec'd Jan 2 that I won DAY 7. UPS was busy delivering components of my prize package, so just imagine the delivery activity for gal who won ALL TEN days!
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
15450 posts
20676 upvotes
ONTARIO
Hobi1234 wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 11:18 pm
Hi everyone and apologies I know this is the wrong forum but I’ve somehow apparently deleted the Contest Discussion segment and can’t figure out how to retrieve it? Does anyone have any suggestions? Cheers to all RFDers for best of luck in 2019 and hopefully this year I’ll be able to contribute to the winners forum! Thanks!
Sounds like you've chosen to 'hide' the contest discussion thread by accident.
To fix that go here: ucp.php?i=-rfd-hidetopics-ucp-ucp_main_ ... hidetopics
Find the thread in the list and then click the "unhide" button on the right side.
Jan 29, 2013
153 posts
1115 upvotes
thanks so much BobSagget! That was definitely all I needed to do and couldn't figure it out, appreciate your help - happy contesting and happy winning to you!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

fantod