• Last Updated:
  • Oct 14th, 2019 8:18 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2015
1660 posts
19558 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I never used to do No Purchase Entries until last year. Did a couple sporadically until I won a trip. Now I'm kinda hooked but it seems luck plays a big part in the jumping through the hoops, so to speak. The entries are significant, but even if let's say it's between 10 ballots everytime, and you strike out 9 times, even at the supposed 50/50. You gotta just feel it I guess. If you want life to be a bit better with prizes, the better you feel, the easier it is to enter, and than be surprised by a win. Apparently 1 in 800 wins, but I've seen some monster tallies and it all seems to be hit or miss. If you're missing, don't lose yourself, but if you want to gamble, NPE are the cheapest form of gambling. I won $50 on a $1 ticket once, but gave it away and the person told me. I thought it was a loser, but he always checks them. It was some holiday so I said keep it. I say daily entries, doing them for as long as I do, are the biggest time waster to win, but if you win, and the opportunity is there, good on you.

Congratulations on a trip, finally for you, erikarowe.

Luck isn't anything you can have a tactic on. It's an addition to life, but it multiplies the enjoyment if a victor. There's not enough equation in math to derive a perfect solution for life, so we have many efforts of trying.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
17155 posts
23669 upvotes
ONTARIO
cammie1229 wrote:
Feb 8th, 2019 9:35 pm
Question. Do many people actually do essays/no purchase submissions? Has anyone actually won going that route?
Depends on the amount of effort involved for me personally to bother. Oh and of course what the prize actually is.
Nov 24, 2004
85 posts
660 upvotes
Vancouver Island, BC
cammie1229 wrote:
Question. Do many people actually do essays/no purchase submissions? Has anyone actually won going that route?
I do them and some of my best wins for from NPN entries including a PIN request back in 2009 from Black Diamond Cheese for a $25,000 grand prize trip! Most of my PIN requests have been winners for me over the years.
Deal Guru
Jan 11, 2013
14617 posts
4718 upvotes
Toronto
cammie1229 wrote:
Frequently. Yes.
Wishing everyone a lucky 2019!
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
1570 posts
3264 upvotes
cammie1229 wrote:
I've done a lot also but so far no major wins for me.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2006
1291 posts
1201 upvotes
Toronto
I only do them if the prize is substantial, and do more of the ones who will send you a PIN or card to scratch, or something other than relying on them to enter your details by themselves. I have never won from a snail mail-in request yet though. I do a lot of email essay contests though, and have won quite frequently on those.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2008
8203 posts
50428 upvotes
cammie1229 wrote:
I have done a few and won a 65" 4K TV from Rogers a year and a half ago on a mail in essay entry
Jan 16, 2012
478 posts
7346 upvotes
Ontario
I missed a call while I was outside shovelling.

It was from St. Lucia. No message. I really hate when that happens, because I imagine I just missed the trip of a lifetime. Ah well, back to shovelling all this snow. :D
2019 2018 6 wins/$7,354 2017 8 wins/$9,088 2016 16 win/$8,960 2015 20 wins/$6,333 2014 19 wins/$1,187 2013 22 wins/$1,664, 2012 21 wins/$10,259, 2011 1 win/$5,000
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2015
1660 posts
19558 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Well, I have little faith in my previous ballots coming up with a win, so I'm in the spirits to get back into it after I enjoy my days more. Been hard to get anything going this winter with the weather jumping the way it has. Anyways, I couldn't find the contest in my favourites but here's a 10 off 40 GTA specific location canadian tire coupon that has already been posted in case you were thinking of doing some shopping.

canadian-tire-10-off-40-select-gta-locations-2262622/

Thanks TomRFD for the post.
Deal Addict
May 31, 2007
1583 posts
15545 upvotes
I won an IG giveaway back in late December:

I e-mailed the contest person with my contact details. Didn't hear back from her and didn't receive my prize (it was mid to late Jan. by then) so I directly messaged @dothedaniel on Instagram. He apologized saying the person in charge of sending out the prize suddenly resigned and told me to e-mail him. It's been 3 weeks since I've e-mailed him and I haven't received anything yet. He also hasn't responded to my most recent emails or direct messages.

Should I call this guy out? I feel bad for wanting to call him out but if he's not responding to my messages promptly, he should get some flack for it.
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2015
1660 posts
19558 upvotes
Toronto, ON
BD12 wrote:
Feb 15th, 2019 11:35 am

I e-mailed the contest person with my contact details. Didn't hear back from her and didn't receive my prize (it was mid to late Jan. by then) so I directly messaged @dothedaniel on Instagram. He apologized saying the person in charge of sending out the prize suddenly resigned and told me to e-mail him. It's been 3 weeks since I've e-mailed him and I haven't received anything yet. He also hasn't responded to my most recent emails or direct messages.

Should I call this guy out? I feel bad for wanting to call him out but if he's not responding to my messages promptly, he should get some flack for it.
I once didn't receive a prize from AquaLung, an instant win of goggles, but was in between a move. I thought they might have disappeared because of that, but I checked and they would have kept the packages as they were all aware I was moving and checking my mail before the postal readress began. I also got into contact with them via Facebook and they said they'd look into it and never got back to me again. My take on this, is it's been a while, there's lots of things moving, if all the prizes disappear they'd have to dish out money on the prize they owe you. They're all employed but don't have the mainframe to dish money, their own money, in the process, especially for contests. That's what happened to me, hopefully they get around to it. But he should know you've waited around a long time and waiting weeks for a reply usually means something is wrong. GL

To remind myself, there was a time 96.3 wanted to mail a prize out, and I never received it and they weren't able to help. Not always, but sometimes things don't end well. I've won from them multiple times so one out is nothing out of sorts, it was just weird they would mail it instead of picking up the prize as usual, but I guess that's what happens when you feel tickets in an envelope, because I never got them. I haven't won anything in a while though and to be fair, there were some prizes I never ended up using.
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2004
2605 posts
470 upvotes
BD12 wrote:
Feb 15th, 2019 11:35 am

Screenshot the conversation. Use an editor and add something like “8 weeks since contest has ended and Daniel has stopped responding. #DontDoTheDaniel”.

Now tag @dothedaniel him in his photo so it shows up in his profile. Use all his common hashtags. If you dont want to do it under your account, create the account dontdothedaniel. Post the photo once a day. Rince repeat.

Then DM him and say you’re disappointed that he isnt responding, but you dont want other followers to fall for his “fake contests”.
Deal Addict
May 31, 2007
1583 posts
15545 upvotes
Tilter wrote:
Feb 16th, 2019 4:14 am
Screenshot the conversation. Use an editor and add something like “8 weeks since contest has ended and Daniel has stopped responding. #DontDoTheDaniel”.

Now tag @dothedaniel him in his photo so it shows up in his profile. Use all his common hashtags. If you dont want to do it under your account, create the account dontdothedaniel. Post the photo once a day. Rince repeat.

Then DM him and say you’re disappointed that he isnt responding, but you dont want other followers to fall for his “fake contests”.
He just sent me a DM. "I have been in the hospital since last week. I will send it via Purolator on Tuesday when I am in the the office. I apologize for the confusion."

Not sure what to believe anymore. Shrugs.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

stinastr